Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.9

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this in 10 Don't Pink Of It!

I love the colour, the formula feels lightweight and silky on my lips. It lasts reasonably well.

BUT....it dries my lips out so badly, after 3-4 hours they are so arid they itch and only the thickest salve with sort them.

So unfortunately, although this is the perfect look and colour for me, unless I only plan on wearing it for an hour it's not worth it.

Love, love these liquid lipsticks. It is very matt as to be expected, the colour you can really build up depending on how strong you want it during the day or night. I currently have shade number 1 and 2. Number 2 is the first one i bought and I loved it straight away. Really long lasting too on the lips. Would like to try a few other shades too.

on 11/18/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I am pretty disappointed with these really all in all - I bought 01 (a red) and nudist and they are both such gorgeous colours. The first time I tried them I really thought I'd finally thought I'd found a Matte I can wear. They feel lovely when you first put them on and they are so easy to apply. Then it dries, and it feels really weird and dry, which I can live with if the staying power really was good - but I find they go patchy pretty quickly and start to kind of flake off. Topped off by the fact that they smell like a burning plastic factory - I'm not the biggest fan. The colours though are gorgeous and il still continue to attempt to work with the ones I've got. But a the search continues...

on 10/7/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I don't understand the rave about this lipstick,
I tried out two red colours from the line. Nice colour but the staying power was not impressive at all. I read all the reviews raving about the awesome staying power, yeah well, give it an hour and it has disappeared.
Then the smell, like some chemical plastic smell. It was awful.
The application with the doe-applicator was nice, but the colour was patchy.
The formula I liked, it was a bit watery but soft on my lips.
So one lippie for the colour and one lippie for the application and formula.

on 10/7/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although the color (shade no 10) is almost a perfect everyday color, the product itself is not very good. It smells and tastes funny and it has some kind of stickiness. The staying power is average.

on 9/29/2015 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in hot chili which I would say is a fairly true bright red - not too cool or warm. This is a great long lasting cream lipstick that I reach for when I know I'm not going to have much time to retouch/reapply. As with most long lasting lipsticks it is slightly drying but not too bad compared with other similar products. Will definitely repurchase!

on 9/26/2015 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got this in the colour 05 (ole flamingo) as a gift. I fell in love with it the first time I put it on. It smells a little waxy but I have no issues with it. Goes off as soon as it dries. The formula is creamy and buildable. I have pigmented, uneven-coloured lips so I usually put on 2 layers of it. The product dries to a velvety-matte finish, which makes it really comfortable to have on, unlike some other liquid-to-matte lippies out there. The formula isn't drying so you don't have to exfoliate or put on lip balm before putting it on. I have really dry lips so I always put on lip balm before any lippy, but I tried it without balm once and it still made my lips look smooth and crack-free! Amazing formula. It also lasts a whole day for me, with probably one minor touch up where my lips meet. It does transfer a little when I eat or drink, which is surprising, because it doesn't show on the lips. My lips still look spot on every time. The packaging is small and compact and the length of the applicator is perfect. More lippies should be made this way aesthetically!

My only con would be that it's a bit on the expensive side where I'm from (S$25). It costs 2x more than NYX's SMLC, which retails at S$12 here. So I'm paying a lot more for one tube of Bourjois' REV for around the same amount of product as NYX's SMLC. Granted, this is a lot better, but I do wish it was less pricey.

Overall, Bourjois really slayed this one.

on 9/1/2015 6:08:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got mine in the shade #4 Peach club

- Packaging: super cute
- Scent: really weird, artificial
- Finish: dries matte, very lightweight, good color payoff
- Longevity: ok, color will slightly fade at the 4th-5th hour mark
- This shade is very warm, so don't expect it to look peachy pink like many other swatches online if you have lighter skin tones.

If you have very dry lips and can't use liquid lipsticks, give this one a try (if you don't mind the scent!)

on 7/24/2015 5:45:00 AM

oh. my. god. I LOVE IT!!
purchased it yesterday (06 pink pong) and put it on in the morning for work... now, 4 hours later and after having two cups of coffee and a big and greasy burger i was sure that i would only find traces of it on my lips when i looked in the mirror.. well, surprise, surprise!!! it looks the same as in the morning!!! :)))) i have no doubts that it will last for four more hours..
can't wait to purchase more shades :)

on 7/18/2015 5:28:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

8.99 in Boots originally, but bought it in a 3 for 2 offer, I would pay full price for one if I found another perfect colour. After filling my hand with testers (about 9 shades, all orangey, pink, red, girly shades unfortunately) I ended up with ampeach colour, when in the bottle, but more orange on the lips - shade 04.
Small angled padded lip brush, typical Bourjois, easy swipe on application, goes perfectly because the actual product is really creamy, so it feels really soft when you apply it.
You can put on 1 layer, or you can pile it on for a more intense colour, its creamy enough to take the layering!
It lasts for hourrrrrrs, some days I don't even need to reapply it, but if you do, you can add on top of the dried formula without it becoming flakey/dry, it just feels a little heavier on your lips.
Definitely wanting to buy another shade, but the 1 red shade that suits my skin tone always appears to have a different consistency to the rest if the colours, in every shop I have tried it seems weaker & not as spreadable?