St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub + Mask

St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub + Mask

4.2

WATER, SODIUM METHYL 2-SULFOLAURATE, GLYCERIN, HYDRATED SILICA, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, ACRYLATES/PALMETH-25 ACRYLATE COPOLYMER, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, DISODIUM 2-SULFOLAURATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL PG-DIMONIUM CHLORIDE PHOSPHATE, JUGLANS REGIA (WALNUT) SHELL POWDER, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) MEAL EXTRACT, HONEY, FRAGRANCE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, PPG-2 METHYL ETHER, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE

I got a sample of this from Rent the Runway and was excited to try it as I wasn't aware they made this flavour. As an exfoliator it's good - it's between the original apricot and the green tea scrubs in terms of exfoliating power. Leaves my skin clean and smooth. I love it most as a mask. It did feel a little weird as it took longer to dry than a regular mask however it made my skin soft and silky and the exfoliating as you are washing off the mask is really good. As a scrub I'd give it 7/10 and as a mask 9/10

on 8/29/2014 3:39:00 AM

I LOVE THIS STUFF!! definitely a HG exfoliator/scrub for me. I did start off with the original apricot scrub- which I love- and I still do use it occasionally but It can be a bit harsh sometimes so I use this oatmeal scrub/mask for the most part. For reference, I have combination skin of an oily nose and dry cheeks/forehead that usually gets flaky. But this product fixes all that! So it is good to note that I use this as a mask to exfoliate. I don't use it simply as a scrub as it doesn't seem to do much for me that way, but I combine both methods. And so to get a perfect, smooth, and moisturized face with this product, I first like to wet my face then apply and massage it around my face. After I'm done massaging, I leave it on as a mask until it is COMPLETELY dry on all parts of my face (which takes about 10-15 min or so). Then I simply wash off! Using this method, it leaves my skin super soft and smooth! it gets rid of all the flaky patches of skin and dry spots on my face without the ridiculous workout of scrubbing!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This scrub is gentle enough to use everyday but does a good job of really smoothing my skin out and making it soft. It works great as a mask too, although, I generally used it as a scrub.

on 7/12/2014 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product. It is gentle enough to use daily as a cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling soft and silky. However, I prefer the St. I've's Apricot scrub once or twice a week for removing dead skin. You cannot go wrong with St. I've's products, they are tried and true, safe and gentle.

on 6/29/2014 2:55:00 PM

I have tried this for a few days but I just have to conclude that I dont like it. I dont hate it but I think there are better scrubs out there. Whenever I would use this I will rinse and rinse and rinse but I still feel like there is a layer of film on my face (and it felt like it was clogging my pores instead of cleaning them) which doesn't make me feel clean at all. I really like the smell of it though, very sooothing oatmealy smell.

When I use a scrub I expect it to make my face feel super clean and smooth and I just dont get this from this scrub at all. I bought it because I wanted to try something new when normally I use the regular apricot scrub which I do really like.

Meh. Im not sure if I should bother returning this or not since it was only a couple dollars...think ill use it on my feet as a gentle foot scrub instead : )

Pros
-Nice smell
-easy tube packaging
-gentle exfoliates

Cons
-leaves film behind/hard to wash off
-clogs/irritates pores

Conclusion
-Using on my feet in the shower instead of my sensitive face.

on 6/7/2014 3:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Great daily scrub! This is gentle enough to use every morning to get rid of any flakiness caused by retin a micro. It also works as a mask that leaves your skin hydrated and soft. My only complaint is the packaging, the tube gunks up around the nozzle and the cap doesn't close cleanly. It's really cheap but not sure if I would repurchase because of the cap issues.

I feel like I just rubbed Herbal Essences shampoo all over my face. Like, good god, could this stuff be any more heavily fragranced?! I'm used to making my own oatmeal and honey mask, you know, with real oatmeal and honey. But when I saw this at the store I gave in because of the nice packaging and convenience. But when I put it on, all I could think about was all of the chemicals and fragrance in it. I washed it off (tried to; extremely difficult!) after a couple of minutes. returninggggg

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

This is great stuff right here, and very inexpensive. I've loved St. Ives skin products for a while and stuck with the apricot scrub which is also amazing, then I found this. My skin loves oatmeal and this does the job using it as an exfoliant or a mask. it leaves my skin feeling soft and supple after every use, and never dry no matter how often I use it. It smells just delightful and feels so natural. My only qualm is that when I rinse off it can leave little specks of oatmeal from the scrub in my eyelashes that just stick there and can be hard and slightly painful to get out, so I'd remove makeup first and avoid the eyes all together when using this, which can be hard but the fresh feeling afterward is worth it.

on 5/3/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This scrub is a mask too! You leave it on the skin as a mask,then you gently scrub it and rinse. It contains oatmeal and it does moisturizes your face and leaves it soft and healthy. Love it!