St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub + Mask

St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub + Mask

4.2

WATER, SODIUM METHYL 2-SULFOLAURATE, GLYCERIN, HYDRATED SILICA, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, ACRYLATES/PALMETH-25 ACRYLATE COPOLYMER, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, DISODIUM 2-SULFOLAURATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL PG-DIMONIUM CHLORIDE PHOSPHATE, JUGLANS REGIA (WALNUT) SHELL POWDER, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) MEAL EXTRACT, HONEY, FRAGRANCE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, PPG-2 METHYL ETHER, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 4/27/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This scrub is really gentle, even gentler than sugar! I like this a lot, not overly scented, and you can even use this as a "mask". I use it every three days and so far so good. Way back in the day (8th grade) I used the apricot scrub in an attempt to minimize my breakouts and I ended up with raw, overly exfoliated skin with even more breakouts! At first I intended to buy the Even and Bright, but I decided to grab this one because it said "gentle" and "soothing oatmeal" Who doesn't love oatmeal on skincare? Anyway, if I don't have money to buy expensive enzime exfoliators, I will actually go to this little piggy!

I used to use St. Ives Timeless Skin Apricot Scrub, and I had thought it was a bit too harsh for my face--after getting out of the shower, I would feel as if my face was rubbed raw (even though I didn't scrub the exfoliator in that hard), and that using that scrub had stripped my skin of a lot of moisture.
I had originally planned on buying the St. Ives Even and Bright after I finished the Apricot Scrub, but when I stopped by my local CVS, they didn't have it, and instead, I picked up this one.
Let me just say, I am so impressed with this exfoliator! Even after the first time of using this, my face felt SOFTER than it ever had felt after exfoliating. And not only that, but truly refreshed and clean! This is so much gentler than the Apricot Scrub, yet I feel like it really does a better job of exfoliating altogether. It sloughs off all the dead skin, without rubbing the new skin underneath raw. When I woke up this morning, my face was so soft, and looked so bright and clear!
I definitely will repurchase when I run out!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This stuff is pretty okay! It does a good job at exfoliating and is not drying. I leave it on my face a few minutes before beginning to scrub. My face is really soft after using it, and I don't have to use an extra cleanser because of the foaming action! I also have less blackheads on my trouble spots(nose, cheeks, chin) after using it for a week. The oatmeal granules can be a bit sharp, but it's a great product for the price!

I had used up a jar the Apricot scrub and wanted to try something else for my face. I had used the Apricot scrub for my body since I couldn't use it for my face. I have sensitive skin and that scrub was too abrasive for me. I was looking through the St. Ives scrubs and came upon this one. It was marked as a gentle exfoliant on the back...perfect! And this is very, very gentle. In fact, it might not be enough of a scrub for some. But it works great for me. It is gentle enough that I could use it every day if I liked. It doesn't cause any redness or breakouts for me. I like that this is in a tube rather than the large tub...makes it so much easier to use this in the shower if I want to. The price was great too, I got it at my local Target for $3.80.

This scrub was alright, I'm just trying to finish it up since i spent the money on it. The consistency is oaty and the scrub part of it isn't rough but doesn't really seem to help with the exfoliating part.

PROS - smell CONS- doesn't exfoliate

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I picked this up while on a search for a drug-store priced moisturizing mask. I hadn't even heard of this before so I bought it on a whim. This is one of my favourite chance finds for under $5!

I first tried this as a mask. The texture was not too thick. I put on a decent layer and let it sit for about 5 minutes. I did not find it particularly moisturizing as a mask, but I also did not find it drying. It did not irritate my skin or cause me to break out. There is definitely a fragrance to this product, and I am pretty neutral on it - it neither made me like the product more, nor turned me off. It took me a while to wash off the mask because of the amount of product that I put on, as well as the fact that it dried a bit.

The surprise of this product, however, came when I went to wash the mask off. This product actually foams up like a cleanser! I expected it to be more like the apricot scrub which is like a cream. The exfoliating particles were small, and they were pretty effective at exfoliating. I actually even prefer this to the apricot scrub, where the particles were larger in size, coarser, but less in number. I will likely be using this as a daily cleanser/scrub.

on 1/24/2015 12:10:00 PM

I like the fact that this gentle, I don't like harsh scrubs for my face. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft and washes cleanly away with no residue.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I do enjoy this scrub because it is gentle. The Apricot scrub is a little too much for my baby-like skin (super sensitive) so I appreciate a nice, subtle scrub for twice a week exfoliation. I like to wet my skin and scrub, then leave it on as a mask for about 5 minutes. It does make my skin super soft and supple, I really enjoy it. I do the scrub/ask duo in the mornings, and then follow up with my Cetaphil light moisturizer (see my profile for review on Cetaphi lotion, my absolute favorite)! Overall, I love this stuff because my seksitive skin can actually tolerate it. I would highly recommend this to people with dry, and irritable skin :) will definitely repurchase over and over.

on 11/29/2014 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great substitution for my HG Clinique 7 Day scrub- and the price is right too! Doesn't dry out or irritate my dry, sensitive skin! Love this!! Will repurchase !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The scrub was very gentle, and I didn't get to use it as a mask often but the skin softening end benefit is very minimal. In general, it does nothing really special other than "cleaning"; nice gentle cleanser for the price.