St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub + Mask

St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub + Mask

4.2

WATER, SODIUM METHYL 2-SULFOLAURATE, GLYCERIN, HYDRATED SILICA, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, ACRYLATES/PALMETH-25 ACRYLATE COPOLYMER, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, DISODIUM 2-SULFOLAURATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL PG-DIMONIUM CHLORIDE PHOSPHATE, JUGLANS REGIA (WALNUT) SHELL POWDER, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) MEAL EXTRACT, HONEY, FRAGRANCE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, PPG-2 METHYL ETHER, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love, love, love this product! So gentle and still effective. Can also be used as a mask by applying and leaving on for 5-7 minutes. Rinses clean and feels ultra hydrated and soft after using. I prefer other types of masks so primarily use this as a scrub and highly recommend it if you have dry and/or sensitive skin. I have some redness/mild rosacea and this calms my skin down while exfoliating the dry flakes without irritation. There is very little fragrance to this, smells faintly of oatmeal and basically just has a clean smell in my opinion. Can't recommend this enough. Will continue to use often and repurchase again and again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This mask is a workhorse- it does the job without there being anything fancy about it. I definitely like that aspect of it, although I will say that if you have acne, you might find that this product is not strong enough for you.

Seeing as how I have dry skin, I usually don't have a problem with acne or blemishes, but I still try to maintain my skin and prevent issues from arising as best I can. That's why this is a part of my weekly routine.

It doesn't take long to set, and rinses off easily. I like applying it before I take a shower, so I can use the pressure of the warm shower water to thoroughly rinse my skin clean. I also do that with other masks, it just makes the stubborn ones come off so much easier.

Anyway, if you don't have a lot of issues with your skin, than this might be the only mask you need. I am still on the lookout for a more hydrating and nourishing mask though, because I would like one that purifies like this one does, but with the added benefit of more moisture.

on 7/2/2016 10:13:00 AM

This stuff is pretty good, not amazing. You will definitely see a difference in your skin. I have embarrassing dry patches on my face especially around the mouth area and this smooths away the dry skin without irritation. It's super gentle on the skin and has a slight strong smell of oats which is what I don't mind. I would definitely recommend. The only reason why I didn't give this 5 stars is because it doesn't get rid of ALL the dry patches, just the majority. You still need to moisturize per usual. Other than that this is a great product and I will repurchase! Can't beat the price

This is a mild scrub that didn't irritate my sensitive, acne prone skin, smells great and is really affordable.
I put it on my face while in the shower and left it on while I washes my hair, shaved etc. and rinsed it off last. While my skin wasn't irritated or red, it did leave a film on my face that was really uncomfortable. I much prefer the green tea scrub by St. Ives. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this! I have acne and rosacea (great right?) and can literally use nothing on my face anymore because it's so freaking sensitive. I bought this on a whim because Clinique isn't cutting it anymore and regular drugstore stuff usually disappoints me but I'm in desperate need of some mild exfoliation.
Tried this and man does it get off those nasty dry skin flakes like a charm! It doesn't give me any additional pimples but doesn't make the ones I have go away but I really just needed the mild exfoliation and this did the job. Will continue to use and purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm rewriting this review. The first time I used it I liked mostly because it didn't leave my skin red and it was overly drying like most scrubs.

However I've I had issues since.

1. Applying any product after stings. I use gentle mostly all natural products and they stung bad afterward when normally they don't. I think this scrub was harsher than I realized and cause tiny tears in my skin like the old apricot scrub used to do.
2. I broke out. Within two days I'd have angry skin. I think this made the acid mantle weaker.

I wanted to like this scrub but I just don't.

on 1/9/2016 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This scrub is WONDERUL. I have sensitive/clog prone skin, and prefer manual exfoliation. This light scrub has just enough FINE grit to lightly polish and smooth without ripping at my skin. I use it every other day in the morning before moisturizer, and let it sit on my skin for a minute or two. It leaves my skin baby smooth, but not red or irritated, or stripped. Will definetly purchase again!

I like this scrub. My skin is really weird and hormonal. It can be super oily, super thin and dry in patches, breaks out terribly at times, sensitive. So I have to be very careful about what I introduce into my routines on my face. I have decent luck with St Ives. Since its winter, I am struggling with a couple of stubborn dry patches. While looking for something new to help me with that, I decided to pick this up, since it's marketed for dry skin. I do find that it is slightly moisturizing. It definitely doesn't leave me feeling any more dry in my problem spots. I have only used it for a couple of days, but along with my mixture of moisturizers that I've been using, this seems to be helping my flaky patches soften up. I took off one lippie because, since it is a scrub with granules, if you're washing in the sink, it can take a while to rinse it off thoroughly. The scrubby bits tend to get stuck in my hair line and around the neck area. Otherwise, smells good, haven't noticed it cause any significant irritation or break outs, seems to live up to the smoothing and assist in dryness claim, packaging is simple but can collect water in the cap if stored in the shower. Which can be messy when moving it from shower to sink. I've used it twice in one day and it doesn't feel too harsh. Will continue to use it unless it starts to irritate my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I picked this up on a whim because I wanted a moisturizing scrub for the winter and this just happened to double as a mask, and I have a weakness for 2 in 1 skin care.

First impression, I was a little underwhelmed with how gentle it was! I knew it wasn't gonna be like the apricot scrub (Lord, have mercy), but I was expecting a little more exfoliation.
I used it a little more and I got used to it and I actually prefer more gentle scrubs now!
My skin is perfectly smooth and it doesn't dry my skin, and it actually foams!

The mask part is great too. I lightly scrub my face to distribute it, then I leave it on for about 5 to 7 minutes, like they say on the package, then I scrub it off.
I have breakout-prone skin and this doesn't break me out!
Highly recommend!

on 11/14/2015 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wish I never tried this! I have semi oily skin, & thought this would help my acne, but it only made it worse! Really bad actually. My jaw line is filled with acne & I broke out more than I have ever after using this product! I have no complaints of the smell or packaging, but as far as using this for a daily face wash, I do not recommend! Especially for people with acne.