St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub

St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub
Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub

Water (Aqua), Hydrated Silica, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Acrylates/palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Cocamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Methylisothiazolinone, Citrus Medica Limonum (lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Nobilis (mandarin orange) Peel Extract, Red 30 (Ci 73360), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Eye injury risk!!

I wanted to love this product. I've loved many other St. Ives products. This one, however, resulted in Rx eye drops to repair the scratches the minuscule scrubbies did to my corneas. I liked how it cleansed my skin, so even attempted to diligently keep the product away from my eyes while washing. Alas, the pained eyes after washing are inescapable. Having to wear glasses instead of contacts for a week because of a face wash was the final straw. I have tried many other scrubs and have NEVER had this effect. Painful!

Additionally, I submitted this review on the St. Ives website and received a reply from the company stating, "Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!" I entered every prompt, so not sure why the review was moderated. Frustrating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This has become a staple in my skincare routine. I have had many acne scars form over time and this has definitely helped with lightening them and even keeping other breakouts from popping up! I used to use the apricot scrub but it was a bit too harsh so i'm so glad that I found this. Definitely worth a try!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This was kind of a fluke,I originally bought it for my husband as he has problems with ingrown hairs on his face from shaving, this was about the 3rd different one I tried for him.He raved about it so much I decided to give it a try, I AM IN LOVE ,this is so soft on my skin ,but at the same time seems to really make a big difference in the smoothness, it smells great,the price is amazing, I have been using this every morning for about 2 weeks and it has made such a difference, my skin is so smooth when I apply makeup it goes on like a dream,I will see if it makes any difference in dark spots as I do have a couple of age spots,but overall I would recomend highly!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this twice and it's wonderful. I originally bought it because I'm trying to lighten dark areas I've suddenly developed on my upper lip which makes me look like I have a fricking mustache!! I got this to supplement the dark spot serum I bought. Well, I will now be using this all over my face. It's a very gentle yet very effective-feeling scrub. I feel like it's getting down unto my pores! My face is very smooth after I use it. Not to mention it smells divine! But the biggest plus is that it's completely non-comedogenic!!! I look forward to adding this to my skincare routine :)

on 5/22/2014 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had actually been using the St. Ives Apricot scrub when my mom suggested that maybe the reason my skin had been breaking out and oily lately was because my skincare was too harsh. I decided to take a step down on their exfoliate harshness scale and try out the Lemon and Mandarin scrub. It's great! Very smooth and gentle on the skin, and it smells delicious too. It also gets the dead skin off my face and smooths it out without overly drying my skin. I get out of the shower now and my skin doesn't feel tight and dry anymore.

I have no idea why the price shows four dollar signs, you can get a tube at Target in the US for $4.59. Hm. Anyways, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who gets the occasional flake or bump to their skin. It's just the right amount of scrub.

Will become a permanent part of my skin care routine along with my Neutrogena Deep Clean Mask/Cleanser.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I could write a very long review as to what brought me to this scrub but i'll try and make it short. Used a Clarisonic for the first time, had a nightmare of an experience. Broke me out the worst i've ever broken out (even in my teen years) and gave me HORRIBLE dry flaky patches on my chin and around my mouth (which is very uncommon for me, i have pretty oily skin all over) Stopped using the Clarisonic and have just been moisturizing the dry spots like crazy with not great results so far. Was looking around my moms cabinets for something and found this scrub. Have used it twice so far and it is really helping. Its no miracle worker, but i've noticed significantly less flakiness. It smells great, and the exfoliating beads are very fine which i prefer. So long as it keeps working on these awful dry patches i will keep repurchasing for sure.

on 5/3/2014 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This scrub contains: pink lemon and mandarine. It's a white cream scrub. It leaves the skin brighter and even toned. It leaves the skin fresh! Love it!

Smells great, moderate exfoliator for the price. Nothing mind blowing but for the price it is worth it!