CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 5/26/2016 10:01:00 AM

I didn't know this existed so had been using the Vitalumiere, which is amazing when you apply it but a nightmare for oily skin. I bought this by chance when the duty free shop had run out of the vitalumiere.

It's light, enough coverage and lasts on oily skin. I would recommend using the Chanel Solution 10 as they seem to work perfectly to keep skin matt and looking lovely. It doesn't cover acne scars, so you will definitely need a concealer but it will cover lighter scars and doesn't sink into pores or wrinkles. I've been using it for about 2 months now and have had no breakouts.

I also actually love the packaging as it's small and light and easy to carry around without fear of breaking.

on 5/22/2016 5:36:00 AM

I tried this instead of the Vitalumiere Aqua, because I was experiencing oily skin and this promises a matte finish. This product does what it says. It applies very smoothly- I just use my fingers. It's so easy to apply I don't even have to pay much attention to what I'm doing. It makes my skin velvety soft and smooth and that is what I love most about this foundation. Definitely if you prefer a more dewy finish this will not work for you. Vitalumiere aqua is what you need! While Lumiere velvet doesn't make your skin look flat, it's definitely not as luminous as VLA. sadly I did find by the end of the day I did need to start blotting my skin as I could see some oily patches in my TZone area. To be honest though I was going through a very oily stage and probably could have done with some powder to help keep the finish matte. It's just that I don't like powder at all as I worry about a powdery look to my skin which I hate. I love the cute little bottle, fits well in my make up bag and dispenses easily/cleanly. I think this would be a great foundation for summer time because of its abilities to mattify and feel light on the skin.

on 5/21/2016 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

OH I love this. New favourite daily foundation. It has replaced vitalumiere aqua for me. I have combination skin and found that vita aqua was making me look both oily and dry at the same time. I find the velvet makes me look less dry, while controlling the oil really well. Not trying to hate on the aqua, but I don't understand why people claim the aqua is designed for dry skin as I don't think it is and the alcohol content is higher than in the velvet. I think both are worth getting samples for and trying.

I find that this foundation applies best with a dry sponge, like the beauty blender or the RT dupe. This foundation is sheer-medium and buildable, but you won't be able to make it to full full coverage. What I love about this foundation is that it has a very smooth finish, helping to smooth over lines and pores, especially when you dab with a sponge. The finish isn't too matte either and leaves your face feeling velvet soft. A bit of powder on top and it controls my oil so well. Even though it doesn't have a dewy finish, I feel very fresh faced with this. It also doesn't make me look flaky, although if you have really dry skin, like I used to then I think this will accentuate it. I didn't expect to like this foundation, but I am so glad I was given a sample so I could discover this beauty! It also lasts all day and I love the sleek black packaging. This is fragranced, but I personally love the smell and haven't found it to be irritating.

Soo in love with this. One warning though - it dries quickly so make sure to blend quick so you don't have any concentrated marks or streaks!

i have the perfection lumiere, but where I work under bright lights I wanted to give the matte version a try to see if it lasts longer with out having to touch up any shine.

The bottle isn't the usual Chanel standard you would expect as its black and plastic but great for traveling or putting in your bag and you don't have to worry about opening up and seeing the dreaded smashed bottle.

The smell of this foundation is amazing, it goes on so smooth and feels amazing on the skin. I did have to go lighter in this foundation, I got 20 where as in the perfection lumiere I get the 30 beige.
This last all day for me and give a good coverage and everything else sits nicely on top. This doesn't slide of my face either like I have found some foundation do, it stays in place all day.
Even though it's a different shade to the other it still is a perfect match.

I try a lot of foundations and this one is one of my favourites the other being Armani lasting silk.

This is a review which should have happened a long time ago...this foundation predates and follows many other high end formulas and brands, but I have returned...it is my holy grail.
If you want a foundation for combination skin, large pores and fine lines, I can honestly recommend this as a go to. The finish is medium on my skin, the sales person was extremely surprised as I had also purchased perfection lumiere, which is supposed to be a higher cover foundation. On my skin side by side this one was flawless. Did not settle into lines and pores, lasted all day, 9 hours plus, and feels so light I could not feel it. Does not need a primer, but I have used the Chanel primer and it's beautiful too, and I don't need to powder as the finish is velvet like. In natural light you can't see this foundation, it looks just like skin...but it must be applied with fingers to warm up the product, a brush or sponge just doesn't work for me.

on 4/16/2016 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The most beautiful foundation I have ever owned!
I have combination skin (oily t zone and dry everywhere else), so was recommended this at the chanel counter rather than the aqua lumiere which is more suited to all over dry skin. I was a little wary as I was told that this has a matte finish which I don't really like but I thought I would give it a go anyway.
It glides on to skin beautifully and you can barely even feel it, (it is suggested by chanel to use fingers to apply but I didn't like this so I used a real techniques brush which worked perfectly fine). I only used a tiny amount and was able to cover my entire face, despite feeling very lightweight, it has really good coverage. I don't have any scarring or acne so i'm not sure how good it would be at covering that, but I do have discolouration, red patches and dry flaky areas, all of which this covered beautifully without clinging to or accentuating any problem areas.
It lasted all day!! I've never found a lightweight foundation that hasn't slid off my face within a couple of hours, but this lasted all day outside which for me is just a bonus as I'm used to having to reapply foundation. It also didn't go even a tiny bit cakey, didn't settle into any fine lines and didn't oxidise at all - all the problems I usually have with other foundations.
I found that the finish wasn't matte at all, it was more satin like, not quite dewy but certainly not matte - which is perfect for me as I find matte finishes make my skin look very dry and dull.
The price point is high, but for something that will be on my face every day, I think it's worth every single penny and I hope it's never discontinued. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for their HG foundation.
Also - if you want to try it first - the chanel counters that I went to were all more than happy to give me multiple samples to try over a week to make sure that it worked for my skin before I bought it.

on 4/7/2016 12:33:00 PM

This foundation is gives a light to almost medium coverage if you don't have major redness, dark acne scars or textured pitted, rolling scars. I'm used to using Estee lauder double wear the coverage is no where near but its feel better on the skin unlike the double wear this doesn't feel thick, sticky, pasty or cakey dry looking. The texture is more liquidy and applies easier but I have some textured acne scarring this did sit in them. My skintone is in-between mac nc15-20 the shades do oxidize darker. The shade 10beige is too light and the shade 20beige oxidize dark orange.

on 3/27/2016 12:39:00 PM

This is a medium to full coverage foundation, really buildable, with a light consistency wich glides onto the skin easily.
As of packaging the lack of a pump does bother me, specially as this is a really liquidy foundation.
When put on, it smells absolutely amazing and it settles down onto the skin pretty quickly, imediately giving it a really soft silk texture with a matte finish. It truly feels like you have nothing on.
This foundation can last up for some good hours without feeling slippery or oily, however it does start to clung onto dry pacthes. I have combination skin so this was a very big deal for me and one of the reasons I do not found this to be the perfect foundation for my skin type.
This will probably work best for people with oily skin and NEVER for someone with dry skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this foundation by chance. I had a work presentation and had nothing in hand but a sample of this. It covered the little patchs of redness I have in one of my cheeks and the rest of my face nicely, my skin looked even toned and without shininess. Best of all it lasted 8 hours. I was in love!. Love diminished a bit when I went to a perfumeria (perfume shop) and asked the price: 45 euros! quite a bit. So I left it pass.
Two weeks after my presentation, I was in Andorra (Andorra is a tiny country between France and Spain, and it's a tax-free country) and headed to one of the may perfumerias that are in the capital. There, this foundation was 30.50 euros, so I buy it!
I got Beige 30, a shade that's almost my skin tone. My skin is a bit pale, but going to the olive pale range, and to me finding a good match is always a challenge, as many foundations are too pink or they go orange in my skin (oxidation?). This maintains the tone without oxidation.

I will buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation even though it's priced at $48 dollars- which I don't mind spending since product goes all over my face. I have combo skin- oily in t-zone area. I apply this foundation with fingertips as suggested, since it helps warm the product for smoother & quicker application. I do prefer this foundation over Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua,hands down. Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet is incredible on my skin! It's nicely packaged in a sleek black hard plastic bottle-which I prefer over glass. The foundation is water based, has a light scent, coverage is light to medium, blends beautifully into skin quickly, & leaves your face with a light matte finish- not a dull matte finish.. Finally, I found the most perfect foundation for me- definitely worth trying. Chanel does give generous product samples, which sales associates place in a nice glass jar for you!