CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 11/9/2016 3:59:00 PM

My HG!!! Don't seats in fine lines, not cakey at all. I have combination to oily skin with large pores and this beauty doesn't emphasize my pores!!! Don't need use powder on the top of it. I do use tiny touch of Laura Mercier translucent setting powder for my oily T-zone when I'm working long hours (over 12).
Overall seamless and weightless everyday foundation!!!

on 11/5/2016 12:12:00 PM

Went to check out this foundation because of Angie's (Hot & Flashy) love for it! I have mature dry/combo skin. Light to medium, with Neutral undertones. I have some freckles and the occasional blemish (thank you hormones).
I did end up buying it... and so far it's my second favourite foundation (my current love being the Lancome Teint Idole Longwear Foundation Stick - check out my review on that one...)
Here's how it performs for me...
-Very lightweight liquid formula
-Blends easily and quickly, dries quickly too - so don't be slow!
-Fingers work amazingly well for this product - offering the most coverage that way - so maybe good for travel!
-Medium coverage... a second layer can be applied to build to a med-full coverage, but this uses quite a bit of product so may not last long.
-Lovely matte finish(but not overly matte), VERY soft to the touch.
-Didn't have any issue with this settling badly into fine lines and wrinkles, but it did settle ever so slightly into a few pores - just blend blend blend (a primer may help with this too).
-medium staying power, can be lengthened by powder and finishing spray.
-not a large selection of colours, so may be difficult to colour match for some.

Overall I'm pleased with this foundation, I love the texture and finish. It has enough coverage to reduce redness and uneven skin tone, but still lets some freckles show through making your skin look lovely, but still natural. Just as a side note, if I need PERFECT looking skin for a special event, I use this foundation underneath, and the Lancome stick foundation in areas that need a bit more coverage - an amazing combo!!!! :~)

on 10/19/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Love this foundation! Gives great coverage, while remaining light. Has a good amount of SPF and makes for a quick and easy makeup routine. Could live without the scent - but thats to expect with Chanel.

on 10/12/2016 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation after watching many reviews on YouTube . Chanel advises that it is
Good for combo to oily skin with natural vlvrt finish.

My experience : as Chanel claims .. the foundation has very sheer coverage . There is a difference between natural finish and sheer coverage . This has a sheer coverage and will only enhance the natural glow of your skin. It is very liquity, very light on the skin and it dries very very quickly upon allocation . A little does not go a long way... and if you want to layer it to obtain further coverage, you'll be out of foundation very quickly .
The price is more affordable than other Chanel foundations . I bought it for 38 us dls in a duty free in Miami.
I have. Wet oily skin with large pores. I like the effect it leaves on a he skin upon application, however it doesn't last more than 5 hours on the skin even if powdered. I don't honk there is a foundation that can't stop oil from coming out of the skint but this one do zero to delay the oil on the face . I have to use blot papers after one hour of applying it .
Personally, this foundation good be better for someone with normal skin, no imperfections and who just one a healthy glow on the skin .

on 9/25/2016 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried a sample of this foundation pretty much because Angie(Hot and Flashy--YouTube) loved it. She seems credible, very sweet, and about my age...but of course has the opposite of my skin which should have been my first clue that this was not going to work for me. For reference, I have dry cheeks, oilier t-zone, but not excessively so. As mentioned by other reviewers, it is a very sheer, light foundation that dries the moment you apply it. I have never seen anything like it...and yes, applied moisturizer before hand. It was possibly the worst foundation in terms of what it did for me. Basically I looked like a sheet of crepe paper. Emphasized every line, dryness, left more polka dots than any cheap DS foundation I have ever used. In truth I am relieved it was not "the one", as this is crazy expensive, I am sure. I am kind of surprised that the SA did not steer me clear of this one, but foundations like drugs effect different folks in different ways. Sorry for that analogy, but pretty much true.

The foundation is very similar to L'Oreal True Match, insofar as the light sheer matte coverage goes, and the shade she gave me ..1.5 I think, was dead on the same as N-1 in the L'Oreal. The latter is far more malleable and useful for my purposes.

Sorry Hot and Flashy. ;-) This was a big dud for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually love this foundation. It dries to a matt finish and just looks silky smooth on my skin. It's a light foundation feels like liquid and drys to a matt finish. I took my friend to Chanel just so she can try it and she bought it and was amazed by it too.

on 9/18/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Definitely agree with the former reviewer, it isnt for normal to dry skin, on me, it looked unnatural, and marked every little line, and it set very fast once you apply.....I agree that most of the beige colors are too yellow..mind you it s the same with Dior, I don't get why those big brands cannot offer neutral beige Colors!? Glad I got a sample, I knew it was better suited for combination to oily,,try that on before you buy !!

on 9/18/2016 4:56:00 PM

I bought this after seeing how great it looked on Angie from Hot and Flashy on youtube. Well, on me, not so much. This is like a tinted moisturizer that dries to a matte finish. It did not give me polka-dot pores, but it was very aging. Part of the problem was that all of the Chanel colors (2.0 and 2.3) were so yellow that when I wore the foundation I looked jaundiced. I had asked the sales consultant from Chanel to make sure the color she sold me was not too yellow because I am fair and cool in complexion. And sure enough, I got really, really yellow. $50 down the drain. Chanel counters in Canada will not exchange or return, at least mine won't. I have since read that the yellow-leaning foundation colors is a general trend at Chanel, so if you are porcelain-skinned like me, beware. And, as with all Chanel products, this is heavily scented.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have an oily skin and its hard for me to find a foundation that wouldn't break me off.
So I always nervous everytime I try a new foundation or make up lol.
But this foundation suits me.
I really do love this foundation and I love how it makes my skin look. It leaves a really nice matte slash satin finish.
It also softens the look texture on my skin and it dry very quickly.
And it fit my skin tone perfectly.
The packaging also so elegant with the black color.
I would recommend this to a must have fondation and I'll definitely will buy it again.
It totally worth the price!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After trying so many different foundations and all of them not being what i expected i decided to give this one a try in a final attempt to find a foundation that does not make me look 10 years older.....I received it yesterday and used it this morning.I do not usualy put on make up ( except mascara) when i'm working ( i am a nurse) but i just had to try. It is very fluid and you have to shake it before use.I used my fingers to apply but i think i prefer a flat brush next time. The coverage is oke but my cheek redness is still there but i only applied one thin layer so tomorrow when it's my day off i will try to get a little more coverage..I do'nt feel like i am wearing any foundation but i noticed that my face actualy was itching the entire day.Specialy the chin area and i hate scratching my face and specialy when wearing foundation.Tomorrow we will see how using a little more of the product turns out and if the itch is again there but i have to say that overall i am not very impressed with this foundation ecxept for the packaging wich is gorgeous.It is quite matte and it stay's matte.That's a pro but i think my search for the perfect foundation has to continue.I did use setting powder on the t zone.I,m going to Spain in 2 weeks and there is a Sephora ( we don"t have Sephora here anymore) that sells Too Faced so i,m thinking of buying the Born this way foundation but will let the lady advise me.Maybe that's the one for me..........

Since the coverage is not that great and i have to use more to get a little more coverage i"m afraid this tiny bottle wil not last long .Another reason to not buy this one again.