CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 12/27/2017 1:43:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation for now bec. it doesn't look heavy even though it has been applied hurriedly. It feels so light and makes the skin glow and look smooth. Retouching with powder after 2 hours on the T-zone is needed since it doesn't absorb oil that much. I will keep on buying this bec. I have been complimented about how good my skin looks whenever I use this foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful foundation. I wear this when I want lighter coverage from Chanel’s le teint ultra tenue. Leaves you with flawless, poreless, not-too-matte skin and lasts all day, even without powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have worn this for a couple of days and I'm still undecided... I am about NC20 and in this B20, not sure if this oxidises a bit. It doesn't last very long, but I really like that it looks like second skin - can look cakey though if too much layers applied. I know that chanel is compared a lot to Bourjois healthy mix but having tried both, Bourjois is definitely not a dupe. Bourjois is more moisturising and definitely look like you're wearing foundation - not that second skin look.

Update: I gave this one more lippie, I've grown to love this. I even got compliments that I got nice skin. So obviously it does make my my skin look NATURALLY great if people can't tell that I am wearing foundation. I got ice pick scars on my skin and some uneven skin tone. I appreciate that the easiness and quick application of this, just fingers. I can get away with not wearing concealer and powder on top to mattify my skin. The drawback is that the wear time is not great, my oil starts to peek through after maybe 4 hours, so it doesn't last for a full work day. But having said that I do not touch up, I just blot to get rid of the oil. At the end of work day, there is still foundation left on my skin, evident when I'm removing my makeup at the end of the day. It fades uniformly, so no weird patches. This foundation won't cover if you have active pimples or prominent hyper pigmentation, so in other words suitable for good skin days and for everyday type foundation purpose. For an event, I would prefer something with a bit more coverage and longer lasting.

on 12/7/2017 2:08:00 PM

I only tried the sample and this is something that i wish i loved but unfortunately i didnt. Its too drying and i have combo oily skin. It makes my nose look very powdery/ flakey and acccentuates my dry patches and acne. If you have discoloration and is looking for a quick foundation to put on this would be good fit. This would be very nice as a one step foundation (no need setting with powder) for somebody who has a great moisturizing primer. i am nw20 in mac maybelline 120 classic ivory and i tried this in b20 which is a bit yellow for me. I should have tried the b22. Smell didnt bother me just the feel and look of it was a lot more powdery(un-natural) than i expected.

Edit- i caved in and gave this another shot. This time around i had purchased the beige rose 22 shade which was a seamless perfect match. I have to admit i love this now. I am someone who gets put off by liquid foundations and to my surprise this actually works better than my powders. Its formula sort of turns liquid to soft powder, if that makes sense. It looks natural and velvetty. Somedays I can dab a little and touch up with this and it still blended in great so its layerable. I dab this on and blend with a flat top brush working it in sections since this can dry quickly. Also shake bottle up and down gently without cap but with fingers on the tip. I learned this from a sa of chanel.

The difference from last time was that my acne has cleared and no longer using benzoyl peroxide so my skin is not as dry. It feels so light as if im not wearing anything. I have to say i think this would suit those who have oily skin but not ones who are suffering from acne or very dry skin, it will accentuate those patches. This suits me a lottt better than a couple of months ago. I was putting on too much from the sample packet with my fingers which was not a fair review, plus the color did not match either.

I wore this for 8 hours and i didnt have to blot. I have oily tzones that get shiney within 2 hours(le beige line makes me so greasy i had to switch to this!) and this
Is truly impressive. Its amazing. It did fade a little bit but i didnt expect it to stay on well since its so thin. But def still looks good. This is hg status aslong as it dont break me out! Will update as i keep experimenting with this.

2 month update - been having dry skin so this def needs a primer underneath. I still enjoy this foundation but i dont think id repurchase. This foundation has been my gateway of wearing foundations. I never use to like wearing anything on my face other than blush but since trying this i want to venture out and try other ones out there!

on 12/7/2017 10:04:00 AM

Still one of the best foundations out there. If you need more coverage (or higher spf!) it blends beautifully with Chanel CC Cream, mixing a few drops of each before applying; not layering!

on 11/8/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It took 2 weeks for me to figure out how best to use this, but once I did, it was love!! I use NO primer and NO setting powder. On moisturized skin, I simply apply with a dry beauty blender. It looks natural and lasts my entire workday. I have over 40 normal skin/slight oily in T zone with lots of hyperpigmentation. Two passes will cover those areas.

on 9/26/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A beautiful foundation, at least on my mature skin. Does not sit in wrinkles or pores but floats over them, gives light to medium coverage, feels weightless. I love the bottle with its needle nose dispenser and that it is plastic. Easy to squeeze and you can dispense exactly how much you need with no waste. I know people mention a scent but I don't smell much. If there is a scent it is really light.

I found a good match. I'm NC20 in Mac and B20 looks really good on. I have dry, slightly combo skin so I prep my skin well so it doesn't showcase dry areas (I also use retin-A) and have been getting good results with just sunscreen(PC's Resist Skin Restoring Sunscreen Spf 50) under it.

Luckily, I found a sample of this in one of my magazines. Tried it yesterday, and couldn't believe how great I looked! It was like I had been Photoshopped. Best foundation I have ever tried. I'm running out to buy it today.

on 8/26/2017 8:51:00 PM

I love that this foundation is lightweight, but me having acne i can build it up to be quite covering, looks like skin once on.. the only thing that my nose got oily :/ but thats after not touching up face for 9 hours or more... really a nice foundation

on 7/18/2017 3:59:00 PM

Absolute perfection in a bottle. Covers everything I need to, matches me perfectly, natural as hell. You can't see I'm wearing foundation but it still looks like I have perfect skin. Satin finish, light-medium coverage, worth the pricetag. Have tried a lot of high-end (along with mid-end and drug-store) in search for my HG but nothing comes close to this. Will forever repurchase