CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Too bad one can't rate per half lippie. I would give this 2.5 lippies if I could. My color was 22, Beige Rose and it was a pretty good match. I hated the finish though. It was not matte velvet on me. It was still very dewy. I hated the texture. It did not last long with my oily skin. I also have very sensitive skin and I think this might have been the culprit. Back it goes.

on 4/20/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

There really isn't anything "velvet" about the finish. It is actually a fairly dewy, borderline greasy finish.

It was shiny upon application, and continued to look more and more greasy through the rest of the day.

My skin is currently dry/combo.

on 4/20/2014 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

What a shame! The colors and texture are beautiful. I've been searching for a matte finish like this for years. I am so disappointed. I tried despite the alcohol. Within minutes I was red with bumps and I don't have dry skin. For those of you who can tolerate alcohol even though it has been proven to inflame skin, this is the ultimate finish! There is none of that glow, radiance, illumination, sparkle, mica sheen that just illuminates pores and wrinkles. It's a true matte that makes your skin poreless, taut and looking fresh. I am so sad right now.

on 4/16/2014 6:36:00 PM

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't make this look anything more than 'mneh' on my skin. I was hoping for something like Mat Lumiere but it's nothing like it. Coverage is quite light, oil comes through (I'm not that oily) and it settles into pores. It does fade evenly and feels nice on though.

The HG foundations for my super Oily skin

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I received a generous sample of this in #70. It took a few minutes to color adjust on my nc45 skintone. It felt completely weightless on my skin and I did not apply any powder because it dried down to a powder finish. As the day progressed it certainly kept the oil slick at bay. After 8 hours of wear I came home and saw my face....oh buddy did it look horrible!! I'm 40 years old with no skin sins such as acne, scarring. I'm often told I look 25....this aged me to 45. My skin looked beat...and not in a great way either. Dehydrated and pasty is what it looked like. I'm glad I just had a sample versus buying a full-size blindly. I will go back to my beloved Giorgio Armani Maestro for my high-end foundation because at least with that formula my skin takes on an even somewhat luminous look while keeping my oily skin under control. If you have dry skin bypass this Chanel formula.

I got a sample of this foundation from the counter in the store I work in, shade 30. The shade was a little light but I knew I loved the product !. I returned a couple of days later and I purchased shade 40. I am a medium skin time with olive undertones. I apply using a stipple brush as I find it is very build able. I have freckles and it's managed to cover those without a concealer. I use the bare minerals bb primer underneath and it stayed all day. Doesn't feel heavy and doesn't cake I love it so far x

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was in Pittsburg for work and had never visited a Nordies before. I walked in with the intention to purchase a Guerlain foundation and also decided to swing by Chanel. I was interested in trying VA but the SA said that PLV would offer higher coverage with a more natural finish.

I have worn this foundation for three days. I skip primer and apply after my moisturizer with a damp BB. I would classify this as medium to full coverage while looking very natural. This evens out my skin tone and covers all of my surface redness wonderfully. One application does not completely cover my acne hyper pigmentation but greatly fades the appearance. I have not experimented with a second layer and do not use any additional spot concealer. This foundation stays strong at least 8 hours on me. I have combo/dry skin than causes many foundations to look splotchy around my nose and apples of my cheeks but have not experienced this with PLV even though this is marketed for normal/oily. The test today was when I went to the chiropractors office and had to lay face down on the table with my face pressed against the white table paper. When I was done I looked - no transfer!... and where I normally show a bit of oil on the paper, there was none! This is very fragranced when applied but the scent does not linger. The finish really is velvety - I would describe it as a natural matte without looking like you've powdered. I have not experienced any irritation from three days of use.

This is my first Chanel foundation so I cannot compare the formula or finish to others. I am partial to this packaging of sleek black plastic. The size and shape of the packaging make it easy to keep in my makeup bag for travel. I paid $45 plus tax for a 1oz bottle. IIRC there are nine shades in this range. I do not have a MAC match so I am unable to provide shade matching reference.

Note: The SA told me that the most mess free way to shake is to take the cap off and shake with finger over hole. I found this odd since the illustration on the box just shows to shake (with the cap on).

on 3/30/2014 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I needed a foundation for Spring/Summer. I have an oily T-zone and thought this would be the perfect foundation. The PLV runs dark and I am currently a NC25 and in between the B20(yellow leaning neutral) and B30(orange yellow) and can pull off both shades. Its not very yellow toned like the Pro Lumiere line. It gives light/medium coverage and is buildable and you can skip the powder. Its goes on cooling and you definitely notice the typical fragrance which goes away after hour. The finish is very smooth, natural and flawless. But if you have any flakiness or dryness this foundation will enhance that, so it should be ideal for all in the summertime. This is another great Chanel foundation which is HD camera and film friendly. I highly recommend you test the shades out at the counter first. I do like the plastic squeeze bottle for travel purposes which is the same type as Aqua but struggled a little with the cap closure mechanism.