CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 6/21/2015 9:58:00 AM

This was the first Chanel foundation I tried.

I bought this on a whim as I had seen it recommended for oily and acne prone skin.

It is quite runny and I dot it over my face and blend with a damp beauty blender. I leaves an extreme powder finish, feels velvety as the name suggests.

It is a very runny formula and I would put this in the medium/high coverage, but not the highest. It covers blemishes well and is a very light formula. Has a slight scent like the VLA. I found that although I didn't need to powder immediately, I would still be quite oily by lunchtime and have to powder throughout the day. It does last well on the skin and doesn't slide off.

I really like this foundation and have repurchased it in the past, however since trying the VLA I have to say I would rather repurchase the latter having now tried both.

on 6/16/2015 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Does feel nice on skin and helps with oiliness but does not cover evenly especially in places like nose, chin and in between brows. My skin is very oily with some dryness and acne scarring so would not recommend if you have similar skin. Looks worse with powder over. Looks best with light coverage then a misting of make up setting spray. I cannot wear like this with my skin unfortunately

on 6/15/2015 4:29:00 PM

It's a decent foundation I would say, but if I pay that kind of money decent is not enough for me. First of all starting with advantages, I like that it is very liquidy, thin, feels like skin, light to medium coverage, looks natural on skin but still conceals major imperfections. Now going to the bad things, I have combination skin, and I feel that is really drying, it highlights any dry patches, it's too matt, I don't like that powdery finish, maybe it would be very good for extremely oily skin. I also find that it doesn't last at all, like after 2 - 3 hours the foundation is almost gone from my nose area.

on 6/5/2015 5:40:00 PM

I received a sample of this. I tried it for several days. It initially went on quite nicely and the color match and coverage was good too... but by the end of the day it settled in pores. Polka dotted face is not my idea of pretty. Next.

Hands down my favorite foundation ever! The finish it perfect on it's own and doesn't need to be set with powder. I love the packaging as well, it's easy to squeeze out the perfect amount.

Pros:
Great for oily skin, lasts and lasts, doesn't separate
Dries instantly (might be a con for some?)
Smells good (wears off very quickly)
Medium-full coverage

Cons:
EXTREMELY drying, not a foundation for everyday
Very liquidy can apply a little bit patchy because of this
Packaging isn't the greatest
High price

It made my very oily skin start to peel after using it for a week. I only use it every now and then when I really need my foundation to last.

on 5/25/2015 6:31:00 AM

I believe that finding your own perfect foundation is possibly the hardest thing to do when it comes to beauty products. Your foundation is the canvas, after which you can then start to "paint", so to speak.

I've been trying out different foundations throughout the years, from MAC's Face & Body Foundation to Lancome's Teint Miracle, and some Benefit in between. A major issue I have with any of these foundations is that they don't have a lot of staying power with my combination skin (oily T-zone says hello!), so after about 2 hours I looked like a mess and had to touch up like a maniac.

I recently wanted to get a berry-tones lipstick, and ended up at the Chanel counter. The Chanel Lady helped me out with a perfect berry tone (Ruuge Allure Velvet in 50, La Romanesque), and in the process, freshed up my make up with Perfection Lumiere Velvet. She put a lot of product on me so I felt it was a bit too heavy, but a few weeks later I went back to try and apply it the way I would usually do.

I am smitten. I love the matte but natural looking finish. It really just perfects my skintone, has incredible staying power when set with bit of powder. Most importantly, it keeps my oily zones from getting oily and it lets my freckles shine through. I'm in love!

PS: do make sure to shake it well before using it, makes a huge difference. Also, isn't the packaging so handy for traveling too?

on 5/15/2015 9:18:00 PM

I had high hopes for this one. The foundation comes in a very small bottle (1fl oz) for $50.00+ US. It provides very light to medium coverage. If you want to build up to a heavier coverage, your bottle is going to run out really fast. The liquid turns to a "powder like" feel instantly upon application, so it's very difficult to work with. You have to start blending very fast. It attaches to dry spots. So unless your skin is almost flawless, I would stick with the original Perfection Lumiere.

on 5/7/2015 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have olive toned with with dark spots all over my cheeks from acne breakouts, so my scars are pretty obvious due to my dark skin. I explained to the mua that i wanted to cover my dark spots and that i do NOT like makeup that feels like a mask. So he recommended this with a concealer. Seriously, if you are wearing a concealer underneath this and one layer of this foundation that is all you need for medium coverage, one more coat will give full coverage in my opinion. It feels weightless and almost feels like i'm wearing nothing. It last a good 8 hours until it starts wearing off. The only downside to this is the price, it is way too expensive for me.

on 4/14/2015 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

honestly chanel's foundation color swatches are very different compare to all the makeup brands. All the chanel foundations has different finishes and different colors in the foundation collection. This lumiere velvet, has a smooth finish, its semi matte, i wish it was more matte, they formula last about 6-7 hours on your skin. the foundation has alot of fragrance, a 30ml 1oz bottle cost arounf $47 US dollars, for such a small amount, its not the worth the money. i just wish they made more colors like more in depth with the warms, cools, and natural.