It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.6

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This product has such a learning curve, after my first use I threw it in the drawer with every intention of never using it again. I purchased the brush that is double ended to apply and put it on in a circular motion. Used the small brush end to touch up problem areas and thought it looked really good until I got in the vehicle and checked the mirror. The product sat in every line and aged me by at least 10 years. Then I was on a mission, I figure a product that feels silky and covers every flaw has to work and by god I was gonna make it work. After many attempts I finally have it down pat. I have a large, flat brush that is a bit stiffer (though still somewhat soft) for applying mineral makeup which works much better for application. I don't apply in circular motion, starting on middle of forehead brushing outward to the sides and up to hairline, once across eyes and down nose, side of nose out to ears, chin once across. Then I take the small end of the It Cosmetics brush and touch up broken cap area. This looks good, covers flaws and doesn't sit in lines, it's bewildering but it works. It takes a bit to get the application down and achieve a nice coverage but worth it in the end. Adding, so now I apply in circular motions until all areas are covered, then I wait a few minutes and "pat in" any areas that look like they may be sitting on top of the skin. If I pat in areas I get a nice flawless finish.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I want to love It Cosmetics, but this was an epic fail for me. It (no pun intended) literally made the pores on my face look like craters, it also settled into fine lines around my eyes. I typically don't get very oily, but my face looked like someone had slapped me with a pork chop about 2 hours after I applied this! I was disappointed with everything about this, including the coverage which wasn't what I expected...you could still see the redness on my cheeks and around my nose. I wish I could have found the receipt, I would have taken this back in a heartbeat. I will never repurchase and now I'm hesitant about trying anything else from their line. The one good thing about this, the packaging was nice. That's it.

The only thing I liked about this product is the coverage, I didn't need any primer or concealer with this product. I now only use this product if I'm either on a hurry or I'm going somewhere I don't need much makeup.

The ONLY thing I liked about this foundation was the coverage (didn't need to use a concealer). It covered my rosacea and light acne scars very well. That said, it made my pores (that I didn't know existed) stick out like a sore thumb--NOT a good look. It turned an orangy shade on my face after a couple of hours and the after using it only 1 time, I ended up with small red bumps on my forehead the following day. Thanks but no thanks. I returned it to Ulta for a refund. I will stick to my holy grail powder foundation: Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation in Ultra Fair. Lesson learned here? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

on 4/30/2014 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

There is really nothing I like about this or any of the IT powder foundation, it is chalky/cakey, I had this in medium and for some reason, it doesn't match my skin as other brands of medium shades did.
The only thing I absolutely love is that brush that comes with this deal.

Hot mess:(
I bought this from QVC after one of those promo offers...buy this, get that ...Looked like a good deal because I wanted to try the new primer.
Anyways, I primed with their primer as the directions said, and applied this...yuck!:( It goes on heavy and powdery but incredibly shiny--like almost metallic. Plus the color is horrific! I'm pale--really pale--but the pale shade was even too light for me! It made me look totally washed out and dry--which is incredibly aging.
On the plus side, it covers ok, and I really quite like the brush that comes with it--the actual powder brush, not that dinky little one in the compact that you might as well throw away because it's totally useless.
The thing is, I really want to like this foundation. It has all kind of skin-treatment ingredients, and it does feel pretty nice. But it's just so horribly pale, chalky and powdery-yet-glittery at the same time...I have to say I don't like it at all.
I'm too lazy to send it back, so I keep it with my work makeup for random touchups...but I have a feeling it will last forever because even used as a touchup it looks heinous under fluorescent lights.
I'm tempted to try the anti-redness cream IT makes...Maybe that would give me a bit of color under the powder? I dunno but this by itself is aging and ugly in 'real life' settings. Looked good on TV though...
EDIT:2/23/17
I wanted to revisit this review because I've hit pan on two refills. I've come to really like this powder/foundation. it's difficult to work with in the sense that you need to prime with a heavy but non-shiny primer. The IT Feel the Moment or whatever primer that goes with it is horrible with it...it's like shine on shine. A moisturizing, thick primer allows it to be used as a powder foundation. Lightly applied over color corrected/concealed skin, you can look airbrushed. If I'm in a hurry, I use it just by itself over a heavy primer and I look good, though it does make you look pale. If you apply it with a heavier hand though, it cakes up. But, great news, it works great over foundation as a setting/illuminating powder! That's why I love it now! I use whatever foundation, and can use this to set areas I want to highlight, or lightly set my whole face for a luminous finish. This works much much better as a setting/finishing powder than a powder foundation. The texture is silky and I've never broken out with it! I highly recommend it now as a highlighter, setting powder or luminizer...but it's still sketchy as a foundation on its own. It's a pretty amazing product depending how you use it's there is def a learning curve too.

This stuff is terrible. It applies very patchy and looks white in most lights. Settles into lines as well. I returned it immedately. Pur Minerals is much better.

on 4/24/2014 2:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First off I hated the original celebration foundation. It was a big, cakey mess. On a whim I decided to try the new illumination and it's very good. It came with a brush that was just okay. I love my 10 year old Fresh powder brush and nothing else comes close. Amazing coverage like all their products. Easily built up on problem areas though I don't like this under my eyes. Really settles into my fine lines and looks splotchy. My only gripe and it's a little bit of a deal breaker for me is that you must be well moisturized but not greasy. If my oil or sunscreen hasn't fully sunk in, this will cling on and look terrible. And you must be hydrated or it separates into dry, cracky desert looking patches. All of this is a bummer because if done right, it can look amazing. But it's too persnickety for me and I won't repurchase. LM loose mineral is so easy to use and I also love Mally's pore less perfection pressed fdtn. I say it's worth a shot to try out with someone with a great return policy….QVC!

on 3/30/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this. It's full coverage and makes my skin look flawless. I like this much better than the original!

on 3/6/2014 5:17:00 AM

Don't waste your money! I cannot believe how much I HATE this foundation! I'm so bummed because I was so excited to try it. I currently use and love the original celebration foundation, but this was such a colossal bomb! I am 50 years old with less-than-perfect skin, pores, fine lines, etc. but honestly my skin is pretty darn good for my age. I've never had anything accentuate every single flaw, pore and wrinkle like this did. I wore it for one hour and had to take it off! It even felt heavy and different from the original. If you are young and have perfect skin, this could be really nice. But this reminds me of why I stopped using BE makeup, times ten!!! The color ranges are completely different from the original as well. They are darker and have completely different undertones. So, final rating, a big fat ZERO! However, I still LOVE my original formula of celebration foundation!