Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateAnastasia Dipbrow in chocolateDipbrow Pomade in ChocolateBold Eyebrows

4.4

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product. I watched several videos, read dozens of blogs and reviews to make sure that it was worth it. Unfortunately, for me, it wasn't. I am super oily, and while it was easy to use, I found that it lacked the much-touted lasting power. My eyebrows stayed only for half a day! I have very sparse and barely there eyebrows. If I blot my face, my eyebrows come off! I find that they stay longer when they have hair to hold on too. Might not be the best bet for super oily gals who have little eyebrows like me.

I have dark brown hair and eyebrows to match, so I thought if I bought this stuff a shade lighter than my hair it would be perfect. For some reason though, this stuff seemed WAY too dark and pigmented for my brows- I had to use a very VERY light hand with it, and even then my brows kind of looked clownish. I bought another one of these in taupe, which is pretty far from my actual color, and that worked a little better. I'm not sure why this is the case, as usually the Anastasia chocolate/dark brown colors work for me, but this did not. All I would say, try to test out the shade you're buying beforehand, because while I *do* like this product, I don't like the shade that should work for me.

UPDATE: After working at a makeup store for 3 months, I've learned that the issues I had with Dipbrow seem to be pretty universal. The formula is such that most women should actually get a shade or two lighter than the one they think they need, and still use a very, very light hand. I guess maybe if you were doing some serious eyebrow drawing, as opposed to filling them in a little, you might want a shade closer to your true shade. But for most people, I would suggest trying to go lighter. Dipbrow is great product for someone who does a very exaggerated brow or who has extremely sparse brows, OR who wants something that's gonna be more long wearing than pencil or liquid formulas. However, if you're just doing a little shaping/filling or you already have thick brows, I don't know that this is necessary. That said, I haven't tried the "mashing a bit on the lid" trick that others have mentioned, and it sounds like that might help to soften the application a bit.

on 8/19/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After a years' long search for eyebrow product...I found my HG!!!! It took 3 months to get my hands on this pomade. I have thin but long and unruly brows. The pomade shapes and holds them into place and fills them in for a beautiful natural or bold dramatic look. I highly recommend using the brush that is suggested for use with this product. It makes application quick and nearly perfect each time! A little goes a long way, wipe the excess on the back of the lid before applying. Concentrate the first spot away from the inner corner and use a very light hand. Practice makes perfect!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HG status! I have been using gel liner to define and carve my brows for about 6 months, ever since perfecting the method by watching YouTube beauty gurus and a lot of practice. You have to be careful using any kind of gel product when defining your brows else you get that dreaded "scouse brow" look - the dark, overly exaggerated, sharpie look. Its no good! Gel liner works, but you have to be very, very light with it, and it smudges. So, I decided to splurge and get the dipbrow. What a difference! It is waterproof and does not smudge at all, not even when I scratch my brow area. The look is very natural if you use a light touch. I use the Japonesque thin angled liner brush to apply. The texture is like a mouse/gel hybrid, and you only need a tiny bit to get started. In fact, I wipe my brush inside the lid, and dip back into that area when I want more product instead of dipping the brush into the pomade. Best of all, this washes off easily with soap and water. I thought $18 was a lot to spend until I realizes how little of this I use. WIth daily use, I am confident I will get at least one year, and maybe 2, out of one little pot. Chocolate is great neutral brown shade. When I swatched it in Ulta, I thought it was ashier than dark brown. They just released a new shade, though, soft brown. I wish I had gotten that one!

on 6/23/2014 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I just bought this at sephora for 18$following all the hype.It looks like hard jello but it soft,creamy and easy to apply.Be careful as to how much you use.At first i thought it was expensive but i realised i might stay with a whole pack for many many months.i applied a bit for an evening out..and 7 hrs later i came home it was still on looking good and fresh so it does have staying power!Even one girl commeneted about my brows&F.Y.I This has never ever happened.Dont sleep on this product girls!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm taking a lippie off because the staying power isn't as good as I used to think. Basically if you are doing a really hard work out a noticeable amount will fade (at least for me), and I don't have oily skin. It also seems to be drying out a little bit, so you might want to warm it up a smidge if this happens to you. Overall I am quite pleased with this product as it is very easy to use. It doesn't set too fast and you only need a small amount. Price is worth it for me.

on 6/6/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

There are no words to describe how fantastic Dipbrow is. I will NEVER use another product on my brows!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I will never use any other eye brow product ever again!

on 4/15/2014 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is awesome. It stays on forever and it really accentuates my brows. I wear very long bangs, but this still manages to showcase my brows. I have it in Dark Chocolate, because they did not have anything lighter. I am a brunette, so it does work. I say I will buy again, probably will not need to though it is quite a bitr of product.

on 4/5/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

After reading all the hype reviews about this product I was excited to go out and purchase it. Sadly it wasn't what I expected. I don't know if I just had to high of an expectation because of all the rave reviews. Product is hard to work with and fades on my oily skin. Pretty standard eyebrow product in my book.

Popular Brows Products