Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateAnastasia Dipbrow in chocolateDipbrow Pomade in ChocolateBold Eyebrows

4.4

I opened this product at Ulta and you know what it smelled like? Poop! Disgusting. Whatever ingredient they are using in this is foul!

I'm actually quite new to the whole "eyebrow" world, and absolutely love this product. To be honest, any eyebrow brush has the same effect. This product it smooth/gel-like enough to remove any mistakes, but durable and strong to last all day. There isn't a long day that goes by where I have to redo them, and if one eyebrow seems too thick/full than the other, it's insanely easy to fix it quickly. I would recommend this to beginners/pros. So worth $23.00

on 6/1/2015 9:58:00 AM

I was surprised with the weight and the amount of the product inside. That being said its a brilliant eyebrow product by far. In the scorching heat of Dubai only this stays on my face while all the makeup melts away. Well strong eyebrows power!!!

on 5/28/2015 10:21:00 PM

This is first color I bought and I was very impressed with the staying power. It also works really well as an eyeliner.

This one is very creamy unlike the Soft Brown (defective) one I got months later.

I have noticed that it does come off patchy if I touch it too much throughout the day so I only use it as an eyeliner every now and then.

on 5/6/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this product. I use this to fill in my eyebrows when the people who do my eyebrows accidentally take off extra. This really makes eyebrows look full and natural. I already have thick eyebrows, but when parts go missing I have to use this dipbrow which works wonders. Would definitely repurchase. Have not been able to find a dupe that does the same job and lasts through all types of weather. Great product.

on 4/29/2015 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I did like this product but I think you could use a normal brown gel eyeliner and have the same outcome. Which I did! I purchased the Rimmel gel eyeliner in brown and got the exact same results so, I don't think it's worth the money or the hype.

on 4/27/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I love most of Anastasia's products but this one is overhyped and overpriced. There are soo many gel brow choices on the market that are very similar. However, you do get a lot of product. The jar will last me years but I would not get this again because I could get something cheaper and probably a better color match.

I purchased this in the chocolate shade since the sales lady convinced me that ebony would be too harsh as my hair was dyed a "chocolate" brown. My hair is mostly dark now but chocolate still works. For my brown girls, chocolate is probably a better option than dark brown since that looks very ashy and ebony maybe too black.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. It's eighteen dollars, but you also have to buy a brush. Dip Brow gives me perfect brows with just a little bit of practice. I admit it's a bit difficult to get the hang of at first, but once you got it, it's perfectly sculpted brows from there on out.

The color "chocolate" is warmer. I'm an NC35 with black hair with strong yellow undertones. I suppose this is the result of being Asian. I didn't want pitch black brows, so I avoided ebony, but chocolate was perfect.

My problem with the product/packaging is that it does dry out. You should store it upside down with the cap as tight as possible. If you happen to forget and it does dry, it can be easily fixed with a drop of oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like this color. I'm a nw43 sometimes in the summer I can pass for nc50. This color is really nice. The first few weeks of using this pomade was awesome and gave beautiful results. But after about a month of using this I can tell that it's dying out. I always close the jar tightly. I never leave it open while I'm doing my eyebrows. If it wasn't for that I would've repurchased because it's very long lasting. I'm going to try Mac dipbrow now.

on 1/7/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

What a great product! I don't agree with the bad reviews on this product at all!! I have oily skin and suffer from mild acne but this product just worked wonders with my oily skin and even better than any other products I've used. Having used the Rimmel brow pencil, which I must say served me well, I knew I wanted a product that looked less harsh, created a nice fade and didn't look fake but also filled my brows. Not much hey!! I ordered my DipBrow from Cult Beauty which is UK based (great customer service btw!!)
So on to the product:
1. Price: So I paid 15 for the pomade, but also ordered the Sable Duo Brow Brush at 14. Delivery was 3.95 so I actually paid 32.95. Although the brow brush is amazing, if you want to spend less, you can find brushes and spoolies elsewhere saving on cost. I was happy to pay this price and would again considering how great the product is and how little I had to use.
2.Packaging: The packaging is adorable! A cute little black box with the ABH gold logo.
3.Application: (I applied the product after applying my foundation) So, regarding application I can say one thing helped me apply this so well the first time, this was watching countless YouTube videos on how to do so! Taking my brush all I literally had to do was dab the product into the pomade, hardly leaving a mark and this was enough for my entire brow! I carved out the shape I wanted and brushed out with the spoolie! This step is major to ensure they look blended and natural. The product glided on so easily and it is so easy to shape to my brow. (I have thin eyebrow hair but lots of it if that makes sense). It isn't easy to make mistakes as the brushes are so thin and precise however if you do id suggest blending out with a small amount of concealer. The pigmentation is great and the colour went really nicely with my medium brown skin tone.
4.Lasting power: So I apply around 8 in the morning and I can honestly say at 10pm at night when I get to wash my face it is still perfect. The only issue with it having such high lasting power is actually removing it, however using an oil free eye makeup remover it removes pretty easily.
So all I can say is this is a great product, whether you want a heavy look, a natural look, if you have little hair (tried on my mums faint brows and looked super natural) or lots of hair. 100% recommend it, regardless of skin type. My HG product if you cant already tell!!!:)