Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades
Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in Natural Beauty and Barely There. When I ordered, I was sold on Natural Beauty; Barely There was only an afterthought. When I tried them, my preferences switched. Natural Beauty makes my pale skin look worse than usual (lots of redness and very dull). However, Barely There is my new favorite lipstick!!!! It's so PERFECT. I also love Flower Beauty Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby in Mauve Over.

on 11/9/2015 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have this in shade 07 - Natural Beauty.

- The colour is what I would describe as a muted berry pink. I have light skin (NC15) and light lips and I find it looks a little garish on me. It's not too bright, and cool toned, but I myself prefer a more natural look. If you have more pigmented lips, or have a darker skin tone, this might be a perfect every day lip colour!

- Price is incredible, particularly considering how good the quality is

- Texture is excellent. Satiny finish. Creamy enough not to settle to dry skin or lines, but doesn't bleed. Not very long lasting.

-NO SHIMMER! This is a godsend for me. I have thinner lips and find that shimmer "shrinks" them and washes me out.

- Very subtle smell. I opened this up expected that gross lipstick smell - akin to Maybelline. Imagine my delight when there's only a light bubblegum-berry smell! Its lovely and doesn't make me feel sick like other scents.

on 10/16/2015 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love. Dirt cheap, beautiful colors, and the packaging is way sleeker than most of Essence's other stuff. I find it does wear away soon, but a touch up is worth the amazing price!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Colors are pretty and good for layering. But the quality is not really great.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

These are not long lastinh but I LOVE them! I have the shades On The Catwalk and Barely There. Good everyday colors, you can wear it sheer as a stain or build up color. Really moisturizing on the lips too!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the colour "Cool Nude" as I saw swatches online saying that it was a good dupe for MAC's "Faux" lipstick. The colour seemed nice when I swatched it on my wrist, but I disliked the plasticky taste and smell when I applied it. The colour wore off RIGHT AFTER I finished doing my makeup and left my house, even though I used a Maybelline lipliner and Lancome lip primer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

YES! I only bought this so I could qualify for free shipping with my Ulta purchase. I was really not expecting anything from it, but I'm blown away.
It feels like a lip balm/chapstick. It kind of stinks but I only notice it while applying. It is labeled as long lasting but it lasts as long as any other lipstick on me and I'm totally OK with that, especially considering it's only $3! It has decent pigment and is not patchy.

I bought the shade Nude Love 11. It is a true nude pink. The color shows up on my lips like I mixed MAC Blankety and MAC Creme Cup together. Now this shade will be too light for most people, but all you have to do is blend a darker lip liner with it if need be.

UPDATE 10/5/15: NOOO! My lips are allergic to something in this. At first my lips were dehydrated like I ate a bag of salty potato chips. Then they got sore and peely over the next few days. I wanted to love this so badly :(

on 9/28/2015 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just got introduced to this line and so far I like them! This review is for "Oh so Mat" colour, which is a neutral beige. It is a barely-there colour, I prefer to wear it over a lipliner (same with every lipstick for me). I love that it's an affordable makeup brand that's made in Europe, not Taiwan or China - major selling point for me as I do not buy makeup from Asia. I took one star off because it has a very perfumey taste, not sure about other colours but this one has a very strong taste if you are drinking or lick your lips.

on 8/28/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, yes and yes. I had been eyeing these for a while, as maybe an add on item to be able to get to $10 at Ulta to use the coupon lol. I especially liked Coral Calling and later Love Me. Our store has testers and I also think Natural Beauty is gorgeous but I already have a similar shade.

Kind of side story; I really loved the old L'oreal Colour Riche balm/lipsticks, (not the ones that said "balm", the shiny gold squares) but they were discontinued. I liked how light they were and you could just keep it in your purse if you needed something to make you look more awake and bright. My shade (Sunset Angora) was perfect for that and unique and pretty with a nice shine. So I kind of wanted to replace that, but I have so many corals. I also only have two light pinks that are matte and sometimes I just don't want the matte look or feel.

So I picked up 'Love Me' to be like what my Loreal was. Maybe not in color, but in formula. It's light, pretty, non waxy and flattering. It's not at all patchy like some similar brands can be. I feel like a lot of pinks aren't pretty (on me at least) and I hadn't really been tempted by one till this shade. I wanted something not super heavy but I still feel like this lasts decently, considering. It's also so affordable. Pinky with a hint of coral.

My only gripe is the bullet sometimes slides down while applying. That's annoying but at least it feels secure in there.

I also don't notice the smell. Well, I do, but it smells like lipstick. Nothing crazy like (regular) Loreal or Milani.

Update: Yes, I do notice the smell now. It does smell waxy and like an "unscented" lipstick smell. And it's slightly waxy to me and a little patchy but overall a decent lipstick.

I have the shades Barely There and Love Me. Barely there is a beautiful mauvey nude shade, the closest thing I would compare it to is "Doll" by NYX. Love me is a really pretty warm nude pink shade, but unfortunately if I wear it on it's own it makes my teeth look quite yellow. They have a very creamy formula and last a decent amount of time on the lips. The only con is the smell, they smell like grandmas makeup.