benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

3.5

Dioctyl Adipate, Octyl Stearate, Talc, Beeswax, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Petrolatum, Corn (zea mays) Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Ctiric Acid, BHA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Source: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1273&categoryId=B70

I definitely wouldn't call this an industrial concealer. I'm very fair skinned and even the lightest was not nearly light enough. I found that it gave me absolutely NO coverage and it was not very blendable. It also creased very easily. I ended up taking it back to the store. It was a huge disappointment.

on 7/4/2014 2:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Not the worst concealer I've used but not the best either. It's not a super creamy and easily blended formula, which is what I prefer. Boi-ing is super pricey for the teeny tiny bit of product you get. I found this formula to be gritty in texture too and to blend it you need to pull and tug in order to blend it.
This is labeled as industrial strength concealer, which it is not imo, it also doesn't cover blemishes (looks horrible on blemishes!) very well or undereye darkness, two of the flaws I'm trying to hide. I prefer Hard Candy's Glamoflauge concealer (surprise!), it's super creamy, blends easy and is easy on the wallet, I think I paid $5 for a generous tube of it at Wal Mart. It makes my undereye area look brighter and I look more awake, it leaves a dewy finish to my undereye area too.
I heard Boi-ing used to be awesome before they changed it, apparently it used to come in a flip top container opposed to the screw on-cap container (I'd prefer the old packaging better) and the formula was changed (not sure if that's true or not).
I won't buy again, I'll stick with Glamoflauge.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only concealer I will use and recommend. I've tried many others and none compare. This covers redness and under/around eye discoloration. Lasts all day. I apply it with a soft brush and lightly buff it in. It works on dry areas of my face and more oily areas as well. Even though I'm generallly light skinned, I use shade 02 and it matches my skin perfectly. I've been using it for 10 years and only on my 3rd jar because it lasts so long....worth the price!

on 6/14/2014 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a terrible concealer. It's so incredibly cakey. My face looked horrific after putting it on. It was such a waste of money. I would try to stay away from this concealer at all costs

on 6/8/2014 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Benefit will always get a 5/5 for packaging, I'm always really in love with the boxes they're stuff comes in. I love this concealer, however the way it goes onto skin makes it very easy to become cakey. I find this a very thick product so you need to watch how much you use. Also, I find that it made me skin look very shiny and oily after being in a little sunlight or heat. over all this is fantastic for a full coverage look.

on 2/27/2014 9:30:00 PM

I have a dry under eye area and fine lines, this just made my under eye area dryer and just accentuated the heck out of my fine lines, I brought this back ASAP! This is about the worst concealer I ever tried under my eyes...

on 2/20/2014 12:43:00 AM

I bought this particular concealer because I wanted to cover my blemishes. I told the Sales Assistant exactly what I wanted to conceal and she helped me choose the best out of their concealers. We chose this one, because it's their industrial strength concealer and is really easy to apply on pimples. I have an NC20 skin tone, and the shade I have in this is 01 Light. It covers blemishes really well, not so great on really raised pimples though, but I hardly get those.

I find it even works pretty well to cover my dark under eyes, it does depend on the condition on my skin, if it's too dry it will look cakey under the eyes. So I mainly use it for blemishes, or if my skin is reasonably hydrated and I have dark undereyes.

I apply it with my finger or a brush, but it does require some warming up to make it easier to apply. The formula is hard to explain, as it's not a soft cream or liquid, more like a solid cream, like a hard butter. You just apply it on in layers, and blend it out with your ring finger. Usually on top of foundation, and then i set it with some powder!

A great product for blemishes and I think it will last awhile.

Me:
Fair (lightest shade for everything Benefit does)
Brunette hair
Fairly dry skin - not prone to spots very often
Constant dark circles under my eyes and sight redness on my cheeks

I use Benefit's Hello Flawless foundation over Clarin's Hydro Quench moisturiser and I love the look that gives me; naturally flawless and it helps give me an even skin tone.

I had a slight reaction to some wax last week and for some reason (stress and eating ALOT of crap) I have broke out in a few little spots and pimples... so without make up I look really run down. My usual products (detailed above) just weren't enough to maintain my usual blemish free and even complexion.
As I've been so happy with using Benefit for 'the basics' of my make up (foundation + blusher) I just nipped into Boot's, picked up Boi ing (01), paid (£17.50!), and walked back out again... no questions, no checking the colour.... I just had that much faith!

Monday morning came around and after applying my foundation I set about trying out my new concealer, just using my finger I 'dabbed' the concealor onto my little red mark (where my skin had reacted to the wax) and it was gone... literally, just like that, very little blending involved... just gone! I carried on applying to a couple of pimples, and the dark circles under my eyes (it didn't cover them completely, and it says on the box that it does that - though that didn't bother me too much) and then went to work.
Throughout the day I found that everytime I touched my face I had make up on my fingertips... I'm not a fan of that scenario at all, so that put me off a little... later on, I checked my face close up in the mirror and it seemed like the heavy concealor had clung to the creases under my eyes (not that I have many - I'm only 22) and it had found my dry spots, highlighting them.

I learnt my lesson - I am now very careful about how much I put on my face and I avoid the area under my bottom eyelashes like the plague... make up in creases looks terrible!!!

Overall, I don't think I'd buy this product again, it's really expensive for something which doesn't even do what it says it does on the box - I will use it all though, which means I'll be using it for a while, so the cost hasn't bothered me too much! If you want full coverage then this isn't for you - I'm sure there's better products out there for that purpose.

on 2/9/2014 6:33:00 PM

I have some serious dark circles. Like, Night-of-the-Living-Dead-zombie eyes, no matter how much sleep I get. God saw it fit to make me this way. He also made sure I knew about this concealer which seems heaven sent. For years I would test out every concealer on the market that would only provide minimal coverage, like painting white over black walls. This stuff REALLY covers my dark circles. It's a little waxy so I rub it between my fingers before applying so it goes on a bit smoother.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it's a bit heavy and can look cakey. I don't have many wrinkles but it manages to find the ones I do have and settle in at the end of the day.

Overall this is a great product that I will continue using and I highly recommend it. Cheers!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this concealer I wore it for work for 12 hours and it didn't budge, it's nice and smooth and goes on really well the only thing that would put me off is the price