benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

3.5

Dioctyl Adipate, Octyl Stearate, Talc, Beeswax, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Petrolatum, Corn (zea mays) Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Ctiric Acid, BHA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Source: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1273&categoryId=B70

on 5/18/2011 10:17:00 PM

Not the best concealer I've ever used but there are a few things that I like about it:

STAY POWER - Stayed on all day and didn't stray or melt off. It really is "industrial strength" concealer.
NO CREASE - Didn't settle into lines or crease around my eyes.
HIDES PORES - My nose has very large pores so I always put a little concealer on it, This stuff hid them well and smoothed out my nose.

But there were also things I didn't like -

DARK CIRCLES - I feel as though this did nothing to hide my dark circles and I ended up having to go over it with my Revlon Photo Ready,
TEXTURE - I don't like the texture of this - seems very greasy to me.
CONSISTENCY - Looked cakey on top of my foundation.

Overall it was an ok concealer but not what I was looking for. Too greasy and heavy for me and didn't cover dark circles, which are my main reason for wearing concealer. I won't be buying again.

A few weeks ago i went to ulta to get concealer and one of the ladies working there was trying to help me find the right one. So she was showing me all of these concealers and NONE of them matched my skin tone. I have pretty pale skin and everything was too dark. She told me that there was nothing in the store that was pale enough for me :/ Luckily before i left she found me again and showed me the boi-ing concealer and they had a shade that actually matched my skin tone! So i bought it and i absolutely love it! I use it to cover up blemishes and it works great! I will definately buy it again! The only "con" is if your looking for an undereye concealer this might not be for you because it is a little too thick for that.

on 4/16/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this concealer after hearing a lot of good things about it and to begin with i was very pleased! it covers blemishes perfectly and dark circles when it's first applied. but then after a few hours of wear i noticed that under my eyes looked really dry and flakey (i don't have dry skin AT ALL) and the concealer had creased. i was very very disappointed to say the least and for the price i paid, that should not happen at all! but it does have very good staying power, which i suppose is a pro. i don't think i'd recommend this product to anyone or buy it again.

on 4/14/2011 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I ordered this online and I was soo excited to try it because everything I'e tried so far by BeneFit I've loved.....

Too my dismay this concealer didn't work for me... It began to separate on and settle in my skin almost instantly and then I couldn't get it off.....

Hopefully mine was faulty or I used it wrong (I don't think so) because this was just awful...... :(

on 4/8/2011 9:32:00 PM

I dig this stuff, it works pretty well considering I have horrid dark circles due to heredity. Its the first real expensive concealer I've purchased but I'm pretty happy with it because it covers my dark circles like a dream, any blemishes I have are concealed as well as broken capilarries on my nose. Great multi-tasker! I'd buy again if I ran out, unless I find something better..

I am reviewing this product as an undereye concealer. I have TERRIBLE hereditary dark circles, and normally use Maybelline's liquid mineral concealer which does a decent enough job. However, after searching around on Google, I saw that Benefit's Boi-ing was getting pretty good press, so I thought 'worth a shot'...

At first, the price was enough to put me off: £16.50 in the UK! Mac's Studio Finish is cheaper (and now I realize that it does a better job too!). But then I managed to find Boi-ing for £3.70!! Ah, the joys of the internet. I received the product in the post promptly and was excited to try it out. Using my Bobbi Brown concealer brush (always use a good quality brush, I can't stress that enough!) I began to apply the concealer layer by layer to my dark circles... and they were still VERY visible by the time I was finished.

The concealer is of a very creamy consistency, much creamier than Studio Finish. However, as a result of this, the product's coverage is medium rather than full. Boi-ing is marketed as an 'industrial strength concealer', so I expected a lot more out of it. The staying power is ok, around 5 hours or so by my experiments, but if you have a full day at work/college/uni then this product isn't going to hang in there like you'd want it to.

To conclude, I think Boi-ing would probably do just fine if you want to brighten up your undereye area or just conceal a little bit of redness. But if, like me, you have permanent panda-eyes, then I wouldn't spend your money on this. I think I'll be repurchasing Mac's Studio Finish fairly soon.

on 3/9/2011 11:10:00 PM

I bought this to help with the dark circles under my eyes, and i was disapointed when it didnt work.Just wasnt happy and I wont buy this again! Taking it back tomorrow.

It's pretty expensive, and it works okay....for about an hour. After a while, I looked in the mirror only to see every spot where I used the concealer had dried up. Maybe I used too much? But the coverage wasn't great on my blemishes, so that would be why.

I don't like that it's marketed to those who have acne, because it's one of the concealers that slides off the bumps on your skin.

I recommend Amazing Cosmetic's concealer. Soooo much better if you're willing to spend money.

on 2/13/2011 2:33:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about bo--ing. I have some minor acne as well as dark under eye circles, and while this product covered up my acne relatively well, it did nothing for the under-eye region. It also creases like crazy. I`m also not sure how long wearing it is, which is bad considering the price. I don`t think I would buy this again. I can just use my NARS sheer glow foundation for the acne (longer- wearing and covers well) and then find something else for the under-eye area. Conclusion: it works for covering blemishes but you can probably find something that works better for the same price or cheaper. And if you need to cover under eye circles FORGET IT!

on 1/24/2011 11:14:00 PM

This stuff is pretty bad. It is super thick, so it can cover most things on your face. However, I found that the colors weren't very good (1 being too light, and 2 being slightly too dark/orangey) so I have to try very hard to make it blend in and it is pretty obvious.

On top of that, it doesn't stay very well! A couple of weeks after buying this, I rubbed my face on my boyfriend's cream colored shirt. Normally with other concealers/makeup, this would be no problem. Instead, I left orangely skin-colored marks all over his shirt! Gross and terribly embarrassing! He'd already been making fun of me for looking "makeupy" because of this concealer, so it wasn't much of a surprise, and I mostly had to stop using this.

However, I have found that if I'm going out, it is in a small and convenient container and can cover up most stuff (especially if I am going out to a party/bar where there is dimmer lighting so it's not as obvious that the color isnt quite right) so it is good to fit in a small purse for quick touch ups.