J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.7

on 1/20/2011 7:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have to admit, that I only wear this perfume due to sentimental reasons, so my review is completley bias.

I find the scent really overwhelming, and I can smell it a mile away, but I enjoy the memories it brings.

My cousin wore this perfume every single day from the time she was 15 to the time she died in a car accident at 19, so it reminds me of her every time i smell it, I bought a bottle and wear it once in a blue moon when I miss her.

Its not a disgusting smell, its just very very light and powdery, but in an intense way.... does that even make sense?

LOL - worst review ever hahaha

I tried this after hearing it smelled like shampoo. I love a soapy shampoo scent, like Amazing and Pure Grace, and am in search of the one that is just right...The post-Coty acquisition Grace scents do not last at all; Clean pulls too sweet on me, and I've tried many e-tailer soapy scent dupes with mixed results. I find the whole celebrity perfume thing annoying so I'd never bothered to sniff Glow for years. I tried it on a whim at Ulta and found myself sniffing my wrist all day, as the dry-down grew softer, cleaner and deliciously shampoo-esque. I bought a bottle next day and now it's a fixture in my rotation. What a nice surprise!

on 4/8/2009 11:31:00 AM

This is the first perfume I got, I was 13 and really wanted it for reasons I can't fathom.
I wore it to school almost everyday, I think the 100ml lasted about 2-3 years sparingly. I can't go near it now because all fragrances make me think sentimentally, and this just reminds me of science gcse in 2005 when I tried really hard to impress someone... cringeworthy.
I went on holiday the same year in Spain and one night some older boys said to myself and a friend was "You're not wearing that Glow thing are you, everyone does and it's really overpowering!" So there I was being told to buy Lacoste Touch Of Pink by a chav, stopped using it after that.
End of. I loved the charm on the bottle though and put it on my keyrings!

on 4/9/2005 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has been my signature scent for the last year or so, and despite the collective shun this fragrance has received here on MUA, I must admit I love it. It's very clean with a whisper of a woodsy musk; it almost smells like sun-drenched laundry, if you can imagine that. The staying power isn't the longest, but I can smell traces of it on my clothing at the end of the day. Bottom line: I immediately feel prettier and more feminine after spritzing this on -- what more can a girl ask for?

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

GROSS!!!!! SMELLS LIKE RAID!!

on 10/27/2004 10:55:00 PM

I had to throw in my 2 cents since I'm on a perfume review kick this evening. I'm sitting here sniffing the bottle trying to figure out what on EARTH I thought I saw in this frangrance when I bought it. And I just can't figure it out. Was I brain washed by Jennifer Lopez's booty? Was it the clever ad campaign that never put samples into the magazines (for reasons that I can now see why). Well, what ever the cause I was obsessed with getting this perfume, and when I first started using it, I was in love. I was convinced this was a great clean fresh perfume. Now the closest I can prescribe it to would be rancid deodorant. If I had to wear it all day on my skin I think I'd get sick. Did the bottle go bad? Or did I just come back to earth. I'm shocked that I actually used a good portion of the bottle. Stay away from this girls. Far far far away.

I have never had a more complete change of heart about a product before this. Twice in department stores I tried it, and both times I hated it. Many months passed. Then when I was wandering around a Walgreens one day I tried the smells-like version and loved it and bought that. Then I let my girlfriend try the smells-like stuff and she said it smelled like bug spray (and I was ready to buy the real deal at the department store.) The fake stuff really did smell like bug spray. But I tried the stuff at the dept store (in wisconsin that usually means Boston Store) and for some reason I just loved it (no bug spray smell.) It's very grapefruit to me, but also clean laundry-ish (which I love). And I hated the bottle design previously (really hated) but it's growing on me. How can I hate anything with rhinestones?

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I adore this scent. It is so clean and fresh, with lovely orange blossoms and hints of rose and jasmin...it smells clean...great staying power. I have asked several friends what they thought of my new scent before telling them what it was, and they all said, "Wow, what is that? I love it." Then when a few found out that it was by J.Lo, their reaction changed. I think many people think they don't like it because of not liking J.Lo or her persona. I am not a huge fan of J.Lo, but I love this scent. Give it an open-minded try.

on 4/11/2004 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hmmm...smells OK in the bottle, but once you get it on, it's just another average perfume just like all the others - stale, kinda musky and not worth bothering about unless you really want to pay for J.Lo's name. It's a shame, really 'cos Still, her second perfume, is totally gorgeous and I would reccomend it instead of Glow.

Soapy grapefruit morphs into a stalker you can't shake. Became super annoying w/i an hour. Co-workers told me to lay off. I gave it to a 17 year old. I'm afraid to ask her how she likes it. I hope her mother is still speaking to me.