J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

As my family has struggled financially due to divorce and my mom having a low paying job on top of no child support (courts have no idea where my dad is), one of the local families adopt us to help for christmas. This year, I recieved this fragrance. I wore it once (which I feel bad about). Its nauseatingly strong and cloying. I enjoyed the lotion but it reminded me of something my greatgrandma would wear. Overall, neither my mother (who is very sensative to scents due to having cerebral palsy) nor I could stand the scent.

on 8/8/2012 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have to agree with the other reviewers that I wear Glow because it has a clean, soapy smell and makes me feel clean all day. I especially like to wear it during the summer. Even if I have been sweating a little, I still smell like I just showered. Also, I have received more compliments on this than any other perfume I wear. So, I guess it goes with my body chemistry. The funny thing is I could not stand it when I first bought it and I let the bottle just sit on my dresser for nearly half a year, then I started using it more and more and it has become one of my favorite perfumes that I will keep for use.

It seems like J. Lo puts out a new fragrance at least once a year. Some have come and gone and others remained. "Glow" was her first and is still around today which I guess is saying something. Just last year, she created a scent, exclusively for Kohl's, "My Glow". Don't get that one confused with "Glow", the new "Glowing," or the now defunct, "Miami Glow." You get the picture. I bought this years ago when it first came out. The fact that I still have half a bottle full of this stuff years later speaks volumes though. While clean white scents like "Trish McEvoy #3," "Amazing Grace," and "Pure Grace" are right up my olfactory alley, this one has an element that annoys me. Like a house guest that doesn't get the hint...go home already. It lingers and shouts just a little too loudly. So if you reaching for this one because "Jenny from the Block" said she created this one to capture that fresh from the shower clean, beware. This is a perfume, not an innocent bar of Ivory soap that will follow you around, for better or worse.

on 6/23/2012 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've had this perfume for a while now and lately have just rediscovered it and have been wearing practically everyday since. When I put this on righ when I step out of the shower I could not feel cleaner and the scent is so fresh. I guess another reason why is because my husband likes it too. He never notices my perfumes but he notices this one. He bought me her newest one Glowing for Mothers Day but I still wear this one more. I think this one her Original Glow is her best fragrance.

on 6/21/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

There are very few perfumes that I hate and this happens to be one of them. I really donít understand the appeal, it always makes me gag! I will not purchase.

on 6/17/2012 12:35:00 PM

What can I say, this is my most complimented on fragrance. it smells clean and soapy and like another reviewer I detect Lily of the Valley. It is a really pleasant everyday scent that does not offend anyone. I wouldn't say it was sexy, just clean and bright. Not bad staying power and good sillage. One lippie off for being unoriginal but hey, it seems to work on me anyhow.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a large EDT at Ross Dress for Less for $29 USD. On me it smells exactly like Nivea Creme, the hand cream in the classic blue tin. I also detect some lily of the valley, which is not listed as one of its notes. Sillage was not overpowering, but it did cause me to sneeze a lot.
This will teach me to always test a fragrance before purchasing.

This is my go-to everyday scent. It has a certain mildness to it that reminds me of fabric softener and it wears extremely long too. I like to spray it on my scarves, pillows, stuffed animals, etc. as it lasts for more than 2-3 days. This is the only time I'll probably ever say this but nice job, J.Lo!

on 4/25/2012 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Save your money (Miss Lopez has been riding the cash train long enough now) and get the dupe in CVS or Walgreens. I tested it yesterday and the lasting power was great... I can still smell it on my jacket today. Probably dating myself here, but this reminds me exactly of a scent that Cher put out in the late 80's, called "Uninhibited".

I just can't understand why this perfume is so popular . It IS a fresh , clean scent and it does last forever . The flacon is so pretty. However it isn't a pleasant kind of clean. My nose detects no fruit ,or flowers. It is not powdery clean either.

J Lo Glow is not a scent I would ever wear. Thank God I smelled it on others before that pretty little bottle convinced me to buy it.

Popular Fragrances