J. Lo Glow

Filtered by hair type : Straight
J. Lo Glow

2.8

on 2/7/2013 5:48:00 PM

I was obsessed with this smell when I was in high school. Somehow the allure of it went away after that. This is too powdery/musky smelling for my taste now. The smell lasts a while. so once you spray, you are committed until your next shower. This is more of a summer/spring scent. After owning the same bottle for the last two years, I have come to the conclusion that this is not the most flattering scent over time. The prdouct is just average.

on 1/6/2013 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is my go to perfume, especially during summer. My sister says I always smell juicy!
I wouldn't say it's a simple fragrance, as I find it surprisingly contradictory. It's fruity, fun, fresh and innocent on one hand, but on the other hand it also has a soft floral sensuality about it.
Glow is one of the few scents however that doesn't morph into something else on me, the dry down is almost the same as when I first put it on. I like the fact is lasts all day and the silage is quite spectacular.
I've been wearing Glow for years and I always receive compliments. I love it :D
Notes of orange, grapefruit, vanilla, musk, orris, jasmine, and iris.

on 1/5/2013 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yuck. I still cringe every time I see the bottle - the smell seems to be burnt into my mind. To me this smells very synthetic, plastic, newly sharpened pencils and laundry detergent with a little flower on top. Very crisp and clean, but not in a good way - the mental image I get when smelling this is an office with only women. They are all very cold (personality-wise), walking back and forth, not looking at he sides, quite unfriendly...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Typical jlo style with the bottle. U know the bling bling. The perfume itself, It's not among the best nor among the worst...I bought this when I was in my late teens n was starting out on scents.. Liked it then but my taste has changed with fragrances. It doesn't have an over powering smell n neither it's fruity or flowery..it's
Light n dusky..doesnt leave impressions (IMO a perfume is all about statement, giving a hint of what we ARe) so in that department ..comp fail. If u want a feeling of clean, there r better things doing that job..that's y I'm not repurchasing.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a large EDT at Ross Dress for Less for $29 USD. On me it smells exactly like Nivea Creme, the hand cream in the classic blue tin. I also detect some lily of the valley, which is not listed as one of its notes. Sillage was not overpowering, but it did cause me to sneeze a lot.
This will teach me to always test a fragrance before purchasing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Iím not sure how to describe GLOW, other then fresh and clean. I donít pick up on the individual notes, so I just get the overall impression of the notes; it creates a fresh, energetic burst and gives a clean, soapy feel to the wearer.

Itís great for everyday wear, as it has great staying power. Keep a bottle in your bag for when you have to use public transport Ė one spray really helps you to feel cleansed. Suitable all year round.

On the down side you must spray lightly. I've been too heavy handed a few times and have had migraines as a result.

Scent notes: orange flower, pink grapefruit, Neroli, rose, sandalwood, soft amber, jasmine, vanilla, musk & orris.

on 4/17/2012 10:34:00 AM

Several years ago, I had a coworker that always smelled amazing. Every time she would get close to me, I would beg her for the name of her perfume, as it was soft and powdery and still smelled grown up. She kept telling me that she couldn't tell me, that it was a secret - basically, she was teasing me because she was embarrassed to tell me that she wore J.Lo perfume. Once she told me, I immediately bought some of my own and enjoyed the same kinds of compliments that she was getting. I really love this scent and will definitely purchase this fragrance again in the future. I also like that it's available easily - I've seen it at CVS and Target.

on 2/21/2012 11:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the WORST perfume I ever smelt. I bought it thinking it was another one I smelt before (Live), but as soon as I smelt it I knew I had bought the wrong one. I would have kept it if I liked the smell, but it was absolutely disgusting. It smelt like powdered laundry detergent, and not in a good way. It smelt chalky and disgusting. At first I thought it may have been spoiled or something, but then came to the realization that that was just the actual smell of the perfume. Needless to say, I returned it the next day.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I am on a fragrance kick and I work at a department store which has been carrying a lot of discounted perfumes lately for a nice price. This is one of those perfumes I've heard so much about but couldn't exactly pinpoint. I knew tons of girls I know who love it, so if I don't like it, I can just give it away, and I'd only be out $15.
Glow is a pleasant perfume. It's light and a floral/musk blend. It's soft and lingers. But it doesn't blow me away, and for me fragrances should have a "wow" factor. I do have a bottle of Clinique's Happy around for the days I do not want to smell too overpowering, but I've decided I don't need another "safety" scent. Glow is a fragrance I find hard to believe has such a cult following because it seems so plain to me.
I've always found the bottle horrendously tacky as well, even when it first came out in the early/mid 2000s. The dinky necklace/bracelet around that awkwardly shaped bottle is just a crime against all the beautiful bottles out in the world right now.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't get why this perfume is rated at a 2.7! It's not as bad as people claim it to be, but I guess everyone has different preferences when it comes to fragrances. I used to wear this scent alot during high school - I think it might have been my first fragrance and I recently found a bottle of it pretty cheap at an outlet store. I don't think it smells "soapy" like some people say it is. To me, it smells fresh, slightly sweet/citrusy from the orange blossom and then the dry-down is like a soft sandalwood/amber/musk combination. It's just a typical floral musky smell - not very unique, quite generic smelling in my opinion but it's still a nice scent for daily wear. I think it's one of the better smelling fragrances from the J.Lo Glow range.

Popular Fragrances