J. Lo Glow

2.8

on 1/6/2018 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

During wintertime,I'm more into gourmands and vanilla scents but as soon as spring arrives,I start to look for clean powdery scents and light musky florals
I was very late to the JLO Glow party and discovered it during last spring,but late better than never.I bought a 1oz of it for 14$ because I wasn't sure I‌'d like it but it showed up that I like it even more than my expectations.it's exactly what I was looking for and even more
First about it's appearance.I usually dislike frosted bottles but this tiny frosted bottle with it's bright peachy liquid and it's out dated charm looks pretty
As soon as I sprayed it,it seemed very familiar to my nose.there was something nostalgic in it.something light,delicate,angelic and motherly.don't get me wrong I don't mean it's a perfume for a specific age group,just that whenever I think about a sacred word like mother,I imagine such a scent (my mom usually smells like light blue or miss Dior edp so I don't know origin of this imagination)
On my skin glow is a musky floral with a hint of citrus freshness and a dash of powder.I'm not a citrus fan but I really enjoy it when this fresh, grapefruit thing in glow comes and goes.when I asked my man's idea about it he said:it smells like the most pretty-smelling soap one can ever use.for me,it's a very clean scent too but it doesn't strongly bring soap to mind.I prefer to describe it as a clean,fresh,feminine,Slightly soapy scent
Glow is definitely a floral scent but it doesn't feel overly floral or like a vase of flowers.orange flower,jasmine and rose appear in a soft, beautiful and special way.there's something a little cold in this babe which makes it great for hot days but be careful not to overspray as it may feel too cold,sharp or synthetic in a cleansing product way.
I love musk and I was hoping for lots of clean musk and it didn't disappoint.I see it as a clean,delicate and refreshing musky floral which seems light but actually radiates strongly when first applied and it's pretty dry down lingers as a skin scent for more than seven hours and believe me it's dry down is heavenly.still clean but musk has warmed up on skin and a touch of vanilla grounds cold,sharpness of florals so it has turned to a soft and not cold anymore powder which feels very intimate,inviting and sexy,far from cold refreshing soapy scent of first hour,but they're both gorgeous
At first it seemed strange for me to see lots of negative reviews as I see it as a safe perfume but now I've learned that it's a love or hate fragrance.still I suspect maybe in a lot of cases it was overdone or tried on clothes or paper,not on skin(in my case clothes smell like freshly washed and dried laundry and on paper smells very much like cleaning products but on skin,as it gets warm with body temperature,it blooms and blossoms to this divine powdery musky floral)
All in all I'm very happy with that blind buy.I love how it smells on me and I love to smell like this around home or when I go to sleep (I also like it for outdoor.it would be nice with casual and smart clothing,but I can't wear it outdoors right now as it's a quite cold wimter)
I also need to test eau de glow
Highly recommended to everyone.just keep in mind that don't overspray and give it time to settle down
Well done Jennifer.glow was my third Jlo perfume,I like still and live but I absolutely love glow.I need a larger bottle and another one for backup.unfortunately it's not easy to find here unlike still and live.glow is gonna be a stable in my wardrobe, I need to have a bottle of it always and forever

OK,so ... I tried and (still am) to find my 'signature' perfume and i tested really a lot perfumes...But something made me buy this one ...NICE BOOTLE MAYBE? or the price? i got it for 35euros....And of course the smell...it is clean - fresh -maybe sunscreeny? and a nice overal smell not overpowering...
I think i am happy with it for now.

Not good at all! Smells aweful!

JLO Might have a nice booty but she dont know how to pick a smell for it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

JLo's stuff for me is always so hit and miss, and this one was a miss for me.
I bought this years ago and did not care for it then, so it sat in the back of my perfume stash until recently. Remembered why I did not care for it.

I remember this being kind of popular with the 20-somethings when it first came out, and I bought it bc I smelled it on a girl whom it smelled lovely on. I don't know if her scent was mixed with something else, but this is truly nothing special, and imho does not merit the price tag (sorry JLo and fans). To me, this actually smells similar to those knockoff perfumes 'If you like blah-blah perfume, you will love this!'--cheap and tacky (again, sorry).

Add in the cap is pretty tacky and cheap..no thanks. The bottle is somewhat pretty, but to me, give me a prettier smelling fragrance over a pretty bottle (and no, the bottle is not that special, either, but somewhat pretty).

I am not good at describing notes, all I can say is to me, this smells like a drugstore perfume. Way overpriced. JMO, obviously it's been around a while, so there are folks who do like it. To each their own. ;)

One final note, this lasts about 3 hours on me, which is not terrible, but for this being a more pricey fragrance (buy it in a set if you can, pretty good deals then!), I just feel it should last longer than just a few short hours. I will say dry-down smells pretty much the same as when first applied, so there is that. I rarely spray scents directly on my skin, I often spray them after I am completely dressed and 'walk' into the fragrance (spraying 2 or more times for weaker fragrances or scents that do not last long), so I can't really say my body chemistry alters this fragrance. Besides, even spraying this randomly in the air, I just do not care for it.

Bummer bc for some reason I really wanted to like this, even back then when it first came out (and no, I am not a JLo fan, nor do I dislike her).

It's a little funny, bc on fragrance.net, the notes are listed as "flowers, fruit and amber with vanilla make this clean, alluring scent"--all of which would make me think I would love this fragrance, but I detect none of that, which is sad, bc that description is exactly the type of fragrance I love. It is also listed as being best for daytime. Mehhh, to me it screams something I would think you would smell in a bordello (sorry, jmho)...

Even when this was brand-new, it had an odd scent, I should have returned it. When I pulled this out again recently, I thought maybe I got a bad bottle, but I then recently tested it in the department store again recently, and it smelled the same as the bottle I had at home (which was bought at the same department store I tested it at).

The price seems to have dropped since I first bought it years ago. Or maybe I just do not get sticker shock like I used to when I was younger. *shrug*

Thank goodness there are no shortage of perfumes out there!!!
I think I will be donating this to a friend or neighbor who might like this scent.

on 5/19/2015 1:05:00 PM

I used to love this stuff in my early 20's. Id wear it when I went to night clubs. Smells clean, and gives me good memories.

on 3/2/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Somehow reminds me of something I wore when I was young in the 70's maybe "loves baby soft". I think that's the appeal for me. Lasts long, good for everyday.

on 9/20/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought my second bottle of this. It's the perfect go-to scent for every day. So clean and fresh, and the price is right, too. Yeah, it smells somewhat of soap, but that's not a bad thing.

I'm sorry, but I can't get over the fact that this perfume smells exactly like bathroom air freshener. It is one of the worst perfumes. I'd rather douse myself in White Diamonds. Would not buy this again. Hubby even said it was awful. Yuk. Don't buy.

on 7/6/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This fragrance is an insulting clash of the following scents: band-aid, musk, urinal cake, budget laundry detergent. It makes me gag whenever I smell it!

Popular Fragrances