Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I know I say this a lot, but my goodness do I love this palette. My heart skipped a beat when I first saw it and bought it ASAP when sephora released it. The colors are so so so buttery and opaque.
It comes housed in an adorable chocolate bar inspired tin. The packaging, while cute...leaves much to be desired. It does not close/lock securely. It actually had a plastic insert with the color names that is supposed to stay on top of the shadows, but it slides right out from inside the case. The first few times I opened it I got the delicious chocolate aroma, but it has since subsided.
The colors are a gorgeous mix of browns, golds and some pink/purple shades. There is a beautiful highlight color as well. The sparkly purple (candied violet) does take some effort to apply, but when done right, it's is superb. I absolutely love this palette! I thought that having all 3 UD Naked palettes would make owning this palette a non-necessity, but that is so not the case!! I can't imagine now owning it. It was a bit steep in price, but really, worth every penny.

When I first saw this product I knew I had to have it. The chocolate theme and the coco-powder smell was just too irresistible.
I was so excited to finally get my hands on one, but I was very disappointed by the packaging quality.
The tin box itself is very thin and vulnerable to dents (there was already a dent on mine before I purchased it!) In addition, the magnetic closure on the lid itself was very weak and the lid easily flings open. The lid gives in when you press on it, making the box feel very cheap. For a moment I thought perhaps it was just that one palette itself, so I asked the sales person to get me another palette from storage. It was just as flimsy as the first, if not worse.
I was expecting a sleek, sturdy palette ( with the feel and dimensions of a Hershey Bar). However much I love the cuteness of this palette, I do NOT feel safe traveling with it.
For such price (50$), I expect better quality packaging. I will go to another store again and make sure that it isn't just my palette came from a bad bulk/package. I really do love the smell, colors, and quality of the eye shadows. I recommend this to people who like collecting eye shadows, but not to people who need a versatile palette for everyday use.

on 1/1/2014 12:04:00 AM

I received this a couple days ago from Sephora.com, I had been waiting for this to get in stock, as it is described as a neutral toned palette and I am obsessed with nude palettes. This and my OCC 12 mini tube collection were my 2 most anticipated purchases on this haul.

I have had a chance to play around with the palette and like all Too Faced eyeshadows, this offering does not disappoint. There are 16 neutral (nude) shadows with 8 rich mattes and 8 shimmers. This palette does not contain anything over the top as far as textures, colors, etc. so it is a great work palette. The shimmer selection has some that are more shimmery than others but they are all workable and again there is nothing over the top. The mattes are rich and velvet like, nothing powdery or chalky. I applied all shadows with primer, I like to use both UDPP and TFSI and switch back and forth regularly, I did not experience fall out with any of the shadows. The palette is well designed with 2 larger pans containing base/highlight colors that one will definitely use more than the other colors.

When I first opened the palette I was taken by surprise as the box looks like the wrapper of a chocolate bar, the tin is milk chocolate colored and sculpted to look like a chocolate bar that is pre-divided into sections. The biggest surprise was when I opened the tin and caught a whiff, it smells like cocoa too...scrumptious! As with all Too Faced eyeshadow palettes, they do include a pamphlet with ideas and instructions for using the product to achieve some looks.

I can see where I am going to enjoy using this palette, not only are the shadows nice but the packaging reminds me of Willy Wonka and finding a golden ticket or something.

Video Reviews & Tutorials