Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

on 7/18/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this from hsn for only $30!!! I would not have purchased at ulta for full price. I like this palette, but LOVE my UD's. I don't think the shadow is as pigmented as UD's but I like the matte shades and the variety of colors compared to the naked palettes. The packaging is excellent and the fact it contains and smells like chocolate, you really can't go wrong.

on 7/25/2014 7:58:00 PM

This is worthy of the hype it gets on MUA! I was already a TF fan before I bought this, so my view might be a little biased (just throwing that out there), but I have to admit that I thought that the Chocolate Bar palette was a little gimmicky. The Return of Sexy palette is one of my favorites, but a little OTT for everyday use, but the Chocolate Bar palette turned out to be great for everyday use.

The colors are great for my NW15 coloring. There are plenty of browns and neutrals to play up my blue eyes and make this a "work safe" palette, but there are a few colors thrown in to make it fun. They work nicely together and I really like how the pans for the highlight/base colors are bigger than the other colors. There's a good mix of matte and shimmer, too, which is fantastic. (My only complaint about the Return of Sexy palette is that it's very shimmery and doesn't have any matte shades). I think Too Faced really hit a home run with these colors.

The texture is also very good. I apply these shadows over a base (Lorac's Behind the Scenes) and this lasts all day without fading or creasing. I applied three of them this morning at 4 am and at 8 pm, they still look good.

The cocoa scent is a nice bonus, but IMHO, some might not love it. Personally, I think it's cool. The packaging is similar to UD Naked 2 and 3--I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the same manufacturer makes all three packages.

This is a palette worth checking out, and I can definitely see this getting a lot of use!

I didn't really think I needed this palette but I purchased it anyway because I got a good deal on it and I'm SO happy I did. I have the Naked 1& 2 palettes and I hardly reach for them and I figured this would be the same but I was wrong! I use this palette almost every day. There's a great blend of mattes and shimmers which I love and the colors all work nicely together. The quality of the shadows are great (better than UD IMO). I love that the 2 highlight shades are larger than the rest because I always hit pan on those first. The shimmer highlight shade works great as a cheek highlight too! My only complaint is the packaging, it's unnecessarily large and I can't store it with my other palettes. The packaging has changed since I purchased mine but it's still something to note.

on 7/25/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is the greatest palette I've ever owned. I'm an NC40 and with the proper primer, these shades look absolutely gorgeous on me. I also own the naked palettes and the lorac palettes and I always reach for this palette more. The mattes in this palette are way better than the lorac pro palette while the shimerry shades are better than the ones in either the lorac and naked palette. The mattes are buttery soft and the shimmers are subtle and beautiful. There's one shade, candied violet, that isn't as pigmented as the rest but I personally am not a fan of shimmery purple eyeshadow. With that said, it comes with two larger highlighter eyeshadows (one matte, one shimmer) and 14 other (mostly shimmer but a few matte) shades to create one beautiful palette.

The entire palette smells like chocolate and it's super simple to do neutral eye looks with this palette. Salted caramel is the perfect color to go in the crease for most people and there's a wide variety of shades from which you can make looks.

I suggest batalash beauty's cut crease look on youtube as a great starting place for a dramatic look. I REALLY SUGGEST YOU BUY THIS ON SALE FROM HSN USING THE 20 DOLLAR OFF COUPON!!

on 7/28/2014 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I reviewed this product on my YouTube channel!!! Check it out here:

on 7/29/2014 11:37:00 AM

I didn't think this palette would be much different and crucial to have since I already have all the nakes, loracs, itsjudytime, urban decay, you name it, but this has become my favorite in the last 3 days I have owned it!

the 3 brown shades are perfect for blending and darkening on the outer crease, the shimmers are gorgeous, the brow bone is perfect mixing it with the bigger shimmery one. I absolutely love it!!! go get it!

This being my first high end eyeshadow product, I am very happy with my purchase! The colors in this palette are absolutely gorgeous. I like neutral colors because I wear eyeshadow during the day and don't want to wear something too bright or showy. I really love the mix of matte and shimmery colors. For 16 colors, I think $49 is a very fair price, but I actually got the palette from HSN for $30! Finding the coupon code is what made me pull the trigger and order the palette.

What I find most amazing about this palette is how long it lasts. Before, I was using a very cheap eyeshadow palette that I would barely use because the eyeshadow would crease very badly within an hour, even when I used primer. However, with this TF palette, my eyeshadow will be on for 8+ hours and will still look great! Actually, today I left it on for 12 hours, and although it was slightly faded, it still looked pretty good and I would've been able to go out with it. **I use e.l.f eyelid primer**

The colors glide on smoothly with rich pigmentation and blend wonderfully. I can truly tell the difference between this palette and the cheap one I used to use. The wonderful chocolate scent and adorable packaging are great bonuses! This palette will probably become part of my everyday makeup routine!

I've mainly used MAC eye shadows, but saw this and decided to buy it for my upcoming wedding. I have used it alone and with shadow primer (Urban Decay). The colors are gorgeous and rich. They last all day, and this can be used for any occasion. The chocolate smell is a little strange at first, but you can't smell it once it's applied...it's very faint. I chose this over the Naked pallet and I am glad I did!

on 8/6/2014 8:20:00 PM

The pigmentation is really great and the staying power is fantastic. I don't have an issue with creasing with eyeshadow so I'm not sure how this holds up in that department. The only drawback is a few of the micro glitter shades had a fair bit of fallout, so I typically do my eye look before foundation while using this palette. This is super versatile palette and I can create a variety of looks with this palette on its own, but in conjunction with my other shadow collections the possibilities are endless. This is a great neutral palette at a great price range. If you have any doubts about this palette, just go and buy it! You won't regret it.

on 8/10/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love this palette so much. It was my first purchase from TF and Im glad I bought it. I went back and forth for months before I finally decided to just go ahead and by it. I purchased mine from HSN super cheap. ITS AMAZING. you can use it for day/night looks. The chocolate smell is a plus too.