Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I was sold once I learned the palette smelled like chocolate and looks like a chocolate bar. I love the shades which are highly pigmented and blend really well. I love that most shades are bold so I don't have to layer it on so much. I'm pleased with my purchase and looking forward to trying more products from this brand.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I fell for the chocolate gimmick and am so glad I did! It smells delicious every time I open the palette which is such a sweet treat! The colors are great neutrals with a mix of shimmer, matte and glitter. The mirror inside is great but I wish they had the eye shadow names written on the bottom instead of on the plastic sheet. I don't need to know the names of the shadows when I use them, but I do like knowing just for the fun of it. The shadows apply nicely and last decently without primer. I love this soo much, perfect for chocolate lovers!

on 3/8/2014 5:46:00 PM

This is a good palette and has a nice variety of colours I do wish it had more midtone colours for all over the lid.
My packageing is a little clunky and mine doesn't close all the way on one side. But it is still a good palette.

on 3/8/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Very pleased with this palette, the texture is lovely and creamy. Easy to work with and blend and they are pigmented. This is a warm palette which suites me well and is great for day or night looks. It smells like chocolate which i was a bit worried about but its actually quiet pleasing to smell. Definitely worth it for me.

on 3/10/2014 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Oh yes, I admit to being a sucker for neutral palettes but this one has nearly everything I need in the 1 palette. Colour payoff is amazing and the browns are beautifully warm without pulling red. I bought Stilas' In The Light palette and while it's quite good, I found the browns too cool in tone. So glad I bought this palette! My only gripe is that I wish the packaging wasn't so thick and I wish they placed the names of the colour on the actual palette..

I was quite hesitant to purchase Chocolate Bar. This palette may seem expensive but it is actually a great value due to the sizes and quantity of the shadows. My favorite shade is the burgundy and the packaging is adorable :)
If you want this palette, go get one because it is limited edition

on 3/23/2014 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product really works it is the best eye shadow

on 3/24/2014 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

If you are a collector like myself, I recommend to pick this baby up immediately! This palette what can I say, is probably the most expensive product I have ever purchased, do I regret it? 100% NO. The packaging is adorable, and the case is made of tin, I find it is very sturdy unlike their usual cardboard palettes, and the best part is that it is made from cocoa and smells like it too, I was immediately hooked! As I live in UK the only place to purchase this is either Debenhams or Beautybay.com.

It is slightly more expensive then the Naked 3, however, if you are torn in-between those two, as much as I love the naked palettes, I would recommend the chocolate palette. I can only find 2 everyday look from the Naked 3, as the colours in the palette are nearly the same, and it makes my eyes look bruise.

I am NC25 medium tone and have black eyes, this palette was an amazing purchase as I actually look forward to getting up and create many everyday looks with all these delicious neutral colours. This palette does not compare to the UD naked 3, it has more colours, it is more pigmented, it smells good, and little fall out. The only negative thing I can say is that the pink strawberry bonbon is very sheer, it does not show up very well on my eyelid even with the primer potion. I probably just to have to find the right white base eyeshadow primer, and it can be fixed.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Too Faced is easily one of my top favorite high end make up brands, and their products speak for themselves. I love the clever packaging of this, the delightful scent of chocolate that isn't overpowering but still amazingly delicious and the buttery texture of the shadows. I am most definitely a make up collector, and my make up collection is probably thousands of dollars (in no way am I bragging, just trying to give an example of how many products i own and have tried). I own all of the Naked palettes (1, 2, & 3), tons of MAC eyeshadows, other Urban Decay palettes, Lorac Palette's, E.L.F eyeshadows, drug store eyeshadows, ETC. For some reason Too Faced eyeshadows are the ones I find myself reaching for the most. My main eyeshadow palette I reach for the most is the Natural Eye one by Too Faced, and the Chocolate Bar palette is definitely the perfect pairing. I love the versatility of these eyeshadows, the variety of the colors although they are neutral they aren't boring. You can create countless looks with this and I would highly recommend this for beginners and collector's alike. The texture of the shadows, the pigment, how amazing they blend together, I give this palette 5 lippies for being so sweet. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I honestly try not to be one of those people who gives into the hype over a product. I have enough eyeshadows and I'm not a beauty guru. So when this came out, I had no desire of buying it even though I saw it all over YouTube. After passing it multiple times in ulta, I'm like "what's the big deal?" It's a neutral palette like 476538964 out there palettes are. But HUGE THANKS to HSN for offering $20 off this palette! So if you can, please check it out because you get the palette and a full sized shadow insurance for $29. What an unheard of crazy deal!

Onto the review - pigmentation is on point. Blendability - on point. Color selection - on point. And while there probably is a lot of similar colors to the Naked 1 palette, Lorac Pro, etc I'm utterly obsessed with this one. It's shimmery but not in a way that the colors can't be distinguished. Sometimes I feel like UD eyeshadows gets so shimmery that all the colors mix together, looking like a mess on my lids - I can't see the difference between the lid, crease, and outer v shades. There is little fallout which I appreciate and the colors are so versatile that you can create any daytime/night time look you want. There's even a purple in there for days you're feeling bold. I haven't used all the colors though I'll make it a goal to do so. I'm so in love and I highly recommend this palette over the Nakeds. I would even pay full price for this, it's just that good.

The only ONE con (which isn't a big deal) is there is no black eyeshadow. Black is always blah, no one cares really about it in a palette but you truly appreciate it once you don't have it lol. It's not the end of the world if you if you don't have the most dramatic smoky eye but given the color selection, black would have been very complementary. If you miss the HSN deal, I would still suggest giving this palette a try. You get 4 extra shades for $3 less than the Naked Palettes. Great deal. I'm not picky about scents but if for some reason you don't enjoy the smell of chocolate, then that should be the only reason not to buy it lol. Save your money on other palettes and invest in this one.