The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 4/24/2016 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been reading up quite a bit on skin care recently and the wonderful Caroline Hirons recommends this on her blog as a budget version of cleansing balms.

It's not strong smelling, feels very smoothing on the skin, and I really enjoy using it. I use it every evening, and in the morning if my skin is feeling a bit sensitive.

I massage a small amount into dry skin-the balm quickly turns into a milky oil upon contact with the skin. Then I use a warm (not hot!) flannel to wash it off. I give it a couple of goes with the flannel to make sure I get it all off. It doesn't leave a residue.

It's mild enough to use on the eyelids without causing irritation in my experience. Once the balm has turned to an oil I use a bit to massage into my eyelashes and I find it removes mascara very well (I don't wear waterproof, so I can't tell you if it works well on that).

The tin it comes in is very handy for travelling, and I don't find it a bind at all to open and dispense product. Some people may be put off by putting their hands into the product. Considering I wash my hands before I clean my face (obvs!) and I store this in a cool dry place, I don't see an issue with this.

I'd recommend this for anyone making their first foray into cleansing balms, as well as anyone looking for a decent cleanser for a decent price.

on 4/11/2016 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The best cleansing even!!! Make my skin super smooth!

on 3/28/2016 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have been using Shisheido Benefiance cream ckeanser for years and it was discontinued. So I was on the hunt for a good cream cleanser, I am delighted with this. It is soothing on my skin and does a great job. As it is so calming I use it with a buffer to exfoliate once or twice a week.

Leaves my skin soft and is soothing. Wish I had discovered this sooner, could have saved my $ as this is great value compared to what I was paying.

The only problem I have is I find the lid difficult to twist off.

on 1/3/2016 9:10:00 PM

I absolutely love this cleansing balm for makeup removal. It is similar in concept to Clinique's Take The Day Off or Eve Lom's balm, but it doesn't leave an oily residue or weird film. It is a clear balm that comes in a screw top tin. It removes my makeup quickly, effectively and gently, including eye makeup.

I apply it to my skin (I don't add water at this point and I don't use a cloth) and gently massage my face with my fingers it til it dissolves my makeup. Then I rinse it off with water and follow up with another cleanser to do a double cleanse. It lasts a long time, as well. I use this about 5 days a week and am only about 1/5 way in. I would absolutely repurchase and consider this to be a holy grail product.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This cleansing butter does a good job at removing makeups - even mascara. It comes in a tin, and the cleansing butter is in a butter-like texture that makes it perfect for travelling. However, compare to other makeup removers, this one is a little messier, as you have to massage over your face and wash it off, then follow by a facial cleanser. I would still stick to my Bioderma Sebium H2O, as I can swipe everything off using a cotton. This is still a very good product at removing makeup and perfect for travelling, as there is nothing to spill.

on 6/15/2015 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have not tried any cleansing butter before and only picked this one up as there was a 3 for 2 in The Body Shop and didn't know what else to purchase. I am so glad that I picked this up as I would not have picked it up for any other reason than it being in the offer.

I love this product, I comes in great packaging, smells nice and works well (what more could you want from a product).

So the product looks almost waxy in the tin but when its worked into your hands it turns into an oily consistence which goes onto skin nicely. I only use this with my hands to put on and wash off and find that it still removes my makeup, I have not tried it with a cloth to remove.

When washing off it does leave a silky film over the skin which I guess from reading other reviews is not great for everyone, but I feel that this helps to moisturise the skin, however I do feel that I need to still moisturise after as I have very dry skin.

Only a small amount of product is needed each time so although it may seem pricey it does last a long time.

Before showering I use a face wipe to take the majority of my makeup off and then use this to take the rest off and find that it does, and when washing it off my face I can see the foundation patches of water in the shower from my makeup (gross I know but highly satisfying).

I love this product and will defiantly continue to repurchase it and so glad I picked it up on a whim.

I have a video review of this if you would find it helpful:

This is a great budget cleansing balm, it breaks down makeup well and leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturised which is a must for my dry skin. I have repurchased this many times and use twice a day with a tin lasting around 1-2 months (I would recommend probably using a lighter cleanser in the morning if you dont have dry skin like me). Its not heavily fragranced and it doesnt irritate my sensitive skin.

My only bugbear with this product is that it doesnt fully remove my waterproof mascara and I generally need to follow up with a dedicated makeup remover product. I'll continue to use this in my regime alongside my other skincare products.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is by far the easiest, gentlest makeup remover I have ever used. My skin is quite thin/sensitive, so removing my makeup with cotton pads/wipes tends to irritate and sting quite badly.

I apply about half a teaspoon of this on dry skin and then spread it out evenly all over my face (including over my eyes). Then I let it sit and warm on my skin while I brush my teeth. After the product is warmed, I massage it in for a minute or so, and every bit of makeup slides right off.

I do find it leaves a bit of a film behind, but you can either go in with a second cleanser, or leave it the feeling goes away once your face is dry, and there's no makeup leftover. It's just a light, non-irritating, moisturizing barrier.

on 2/22/2015 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have already repurchased this 4 or 5 times. I love this cleanser! I enjoy the scent, it's light slightly floral and doesn't linger on skin. The packaging is a nice light weight tin. It's not nearly as weighty or fancy as many other brands but its serviceable and doesn't feel cheap.

This is a fantastic makeup remover and a great first cleanse. I use quite a bit and give myself a light facial massage. With the smell and texture it feels far more luxury than it is and I actually look forward to taking my make up off at the end of the day. The balm quickly turns into a very soft oil texture which doesn't drip or slide off the face. I use a wash cloth to remove. If you can splash this off with water I commend you, but it is thick and I need a cloth.

This takes off everything, including layers of waterproof mascara in one go. Unlike most balm cleansers I've tried, this also rinses clean. No residue of any sort but my combo/oily skin feels soft and not at all stripped. I do a second cleanse with a different product but if I couldn't for some reason, my skin feels clean enough to get away with just using this. I have on occasion used this for my am cleanse as well.

I used to prefer oil as a first cleanse. I still use the MAC to travel and in really hot/humid weather but TBS converted me to balm cleansers. Balms tend to be higher end but TBS is great value, no residue and works just was well as fancier balms I've tried. A tin lasts me about 3 months, used once a day but liberally. I don't see myself being without this cleanser for a very long time. I definitely recommend this.

on 1/27/2015 9:27:00 AM

It was cheap and I got sucked into the buy 4 half off. I thought it would be a cheap alternative since cleansing balms are mostly high end brands and retail closer to $60-100.

This is terrible. It's very very waxy, leaves oily residue, yet doesn't take off any face make up. This is going into the garbage.