The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 1/27/2015 9:27:00 AM

It was cheap and I got sucked into the buy 4 half off. I thought it would be a cheap alternative since cleansing balms are mostly high end brands and retail closer to $60-100.

This is terrible. It's very very waxy, leaves oily residue, yet doesn't take off any face make up. This is going into the garbage.

on 1/26/2015 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This did not remove my eye-makeup. It just smears it around my face. It also left an oily film after I rinsed my face. But it smells good :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the first cleansing balm I've ever used, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I am pretty pleased. I use this to remove my high PPD sunscreen and waterproof eye makeup by massaging maybe a chickpea sized dollop into my dry skin, adding a little water to emulsify (the product will turn white and milky), and removing with a warm washcloth. This is not a standalone cleanser for me, as it does leave a slight residue even with a washcloth. Rather, it's a makeup remover and the first step in a double cleanse; I follow up with CeraVe foaming cleanser.

I can't say that this product has radically changed my skin for the better, but it really is very effective and it allows me to use the stronger sunblocks I need to wear so that I can use products with AHAs or retinol at night to get at my skin issues. The tin is nice for traveling and I like that the product doesn't run down my arms when I'm at the sink, but the lid is a bit fidgety to remove because the tin is broad and shallow. If they switched to a deeper tin with a smaller diameter, I would be very happy.

Ultimately I know I will stray and try other cleansing balms because I'm new to the product type, but I would be happy to keep using this cleansing butter if I don't find something I like better. I may come back and update my review depending on what else I find out there in the land of cleansing balms.

on 12/11/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use cleansing oil to remove my foundation, followed by another cleanser, and it has kept my face feeling very nice. I love the idea of a cleansing butter, so I went out to buy this from TBS during one of their great sales. I love this! It feels luxurious during the dry winter months, and is less messy to deal with than oil, which can drip. I'm not happy about the tin. I don't generally like tins to store products, but I will put up with it for this. This is a lovely, and less expensive, alternative, to my favorite cleansing oils.

I have gone through about 3 tubs of this product and I absolutely love it. It is so easy to use and I love how it doesn't dry my skin out and takes off all my makeup. I use this dry on my skin and work it in and then remove it with a warm muslin cloth. It has been the most effective makeup remover I have used and I highly recommend this product. You can get such amazing deals on this product when the Body Shop has sales.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

So far I would repuchase this product, I use a hot damp wash cloth and wpe it off really well I use the orgins oil cleanser, but with the great reviews and the contianer I was courious to give it a try I always follow up with a gentle every day cleanser afterwards. Its melts easily in my hands and removed my water proof mascra without any problems.
Will update if I dislike it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cleansing balm feels so luxurious! It goes on my skin really smoothly and removes all traces of makeup while being very gentle. The scent is lovely, very subtle, and the calming, non-irritating formula is great for sensitive skin.

Just a fair warning:
I use this cleanser as the first step in my two-step cleansing routine, to remove my makeup. This cleansing butter is not suited to be used as the only cleanser in your routine but rather as the makeup remover before your purifying cleanser. You will need to double cleanse! I have heard many people complain that this product clogged their pores when they used it as a cleanser - that's because it is not intended to be used on its own. The people at the Body Shop store actually advised me not to use it on its own but as part of the double cleansing routine.

This product is cheap and removes makeup so well! It didn't irritate my skin or leave it dry or oily. The only negative thing about it is the packaging. It gets a bit gross after a while, in my opinion, but I would still buy it again!

on 11/16/2014 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This dried out the area around my nose and doesn't calm my skin like chamomile should. In fact, I have tiny little bumps from using this and will not be using this anymore.

on 10/13/2014 8:05:00 AM

I bought this balm cleanser when I decided to experiment cleansing in the PM the Caroline Hirons way. I started with an inexpensive one but I am very happy with it.
I apply a very small amount on dry skin and work it in circles. Despite being a balm it goes on more like an oil. It dissolves all the makeup effortlessly, without stinging the eyes, you can open them normally. I remove it with a warm damp washcloth, repeatedly. It does come off easily, but I insist to make sure I don't have any left on my skin (the shea butter and wax could clog pores). I do not feel the need to double cleanse.
It's a lovely, gentle and efective product. It might get the fifth lippy as soon a I try other balm cleansers (if I ever buy another one).