The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 5/28/2017 12:29:00 PM

This is my go-to balm cleanser as a cheaper alternative to Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm (and a more animal-friendly alternative).
I use this as the first cleanse to remove makeup and SPF. It's really good at that taking off the most stubborn mascara, gel eyeliner and long-wearing waterproof foundation. I don't think this is meant to be more that a make-up and SPF remover and a real SKIN cleanser as it is really rich and balmy for that. Does not contain much beneficial ingredients for the skin to be that either. Take it off with a warm water soaked washcloth (because I am not human able to remove this with just running water, if you can - you are a better human than me!)
I follow up with a cream non-foamy cleanser and my skincare routine and it's just beautiful and lovely.
This is my second jar. One lasts you pretty long since you don't need much - just a fingernail full. And I have two stashed as a backup because I refuse to be left without this in the near foreseeable future.

Love this cleanser so much - I actually get excited about using it each night. I use it as a first cleanse to get all my make up off (yes, even all the mascara - dissolves it instantly and doesn't sting eyes). This is super cheap, and if you sign up for Bodyshop emails you regularly get discount codes which make it a steal. I heard about it on Caroline Hirons / Sali Hughes video as being a dupe for Clinique 'Take the Day Off'. Love it. At such a cheap price you should just get it and try it out. Winner.

on 5/4/2017 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is absolutely wonderful! Smells like fluffy towels indeed and looks/feels like solidified coconut oil. You only need a small amount for the whole face, doesn't irritate at all and melts even the most stubborn makeup immediately. Gentle on the eyes too. I just massage it on dry skin and rinse. Then I follow with a foaming cleanser since I don't feel comfortable with leaving anything remotely oily on my face but that's personal preference.

I have tried the infamous Clinique Take the day off balm and it does exactly the same job but Camomile Butter smells better, comes in a more compact tub and costs less. Also it's less messy and overall more pleasant to use than oil makeup removers. Doesn't even need any disposable cotton pads or flannels the need to been washed afterwards like milk cleansers.

Have been using it for over a year, have many other cleansers/makeup removers around as I love trying new products but nothing has even come close.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

As busy as hell traveling software trainer who has to be flawless daily, this makes night time cleansing so fun. I love the light smell and helps me to calm my nerves and senses! I love the container as I know it won't come out while it's in transit--have to love how American Airlines destroys your luggage.This is my first step in my double cleanse nightly. I have tried other balms the Clinque one and Pixi which are both great but this one just does something to my soul. Maybe it's the scent or the the texture but it's a luxe experience for a first time body shop user.

on 4/12/2017 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OMG I love this stuff. If you would have told me a year ago I would be using an oil/balm on my face I wouldn't have believed it. I have oily/dehydrated/acne prone skin and this doesn't break me out. However, I do always follow with a second cleanser because it does leave a slight film. It's just so soft and relaxing to use. It melts all my make up right off. All i need is a dime sized amount and it gets the job done. And a huge plus for me is it's so reasonably priced compared to the other balm cleansers on the market.

This is my fave cleanser! It's important to double cleanse when you wear SPF and makeup - I wear SPF every day and this is the first cleanser I use, before using Peaches and cream by Soap and Glory. It smells AMAZING!! I love the smell, it's calming after a long day! This has a lovely quality to it, it's easy to massage into my skin and it melts away all my makeup. I used to use Clinique balm cleanser - this is the exact same formula and just as good, but I like it much better as it smells amazing and is like half the price of the Clinique balm :) - would recommend.

on 3/28/2017 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my third tub of TBS cleansing butter and I don't often repeat buy cleansers (there's so many to try!) so it must be good. I love the travel/earth friendly packaging and the scent which is clean and fresh. The texture of the cleanser is divine - it melts/emulsifies easily and is a joy to smooth on my face. I use this as a first PM cleanse when removing makeup, grime etc. I have no trouble removing mascara with this balm. Doesn't irritate my skin (I remove with a hot face washer). Doesn't leave any residue - I do a second cleanse at night but before I do the second cleanse my face feels soft and clean anyway. At AU$24.95 per tin it's a steal.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have bought this over and over again. I prefer it to the oil, even for getting waterproof mascara off.

It smells pleasant, but even though I have irritable rosacea skin it doesn't irritate. It feels comfortable on my skin - however I always double cleanse.

I love it for travel and only find it can be tricky to open if my hands are greasy or wet!

I bought this to replace my Clinique Take The Day Off balm and I don't think I'll go back. I get this for £7 and it lasts me around 2 months. What's not to love? I love it and will buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Close to being my favorite! I still prefer the liquid Body Shop Camomile oil cleanser, as it removes mascara better than this. BUT: this is very travel friendly, doesn't break me out, and doesn't leave my skin uncomfortably dry. When my skin needs a little exfoliation, I mix this cleanser with a little fine salt and rub my face with it - works like a charm!
Would definitely repurchase :)

Pros:
- Good for travelling/transportation
- Gentle on the skin

Cons:
- Jar can be hard to open at times
- Doesn't remove waterproof mascara as well as the liquid version

on 3/1/2017 5:39:00 AM

My favorite product to remove my makeup. It smells nice, it removes everything smoothly and doesn't sting my eyes. Before this I was using a miscellar water as my makeup remover, but always felt that I had product left on my eyes (and it would sting me!). I feel like this product removes easier and quicker - although the texture of my skin afterwards does feel a bit greasy so I now use the miscellar water after using this product for a quick cleanse.

My main complaint would be the packaging: although it is air-tight and doesn't open when travelling, you have to be careful every time you open and close the lid because it can get stuck very easily. This can make it frustratingly difficult to open