Coty Vanilla Fields (parfum)

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

it's one of the cleanest vanillas i'd ever smelled. almost like a vanilla linen spray. definitely an artificial vanilla with a hint of musk. not exactly suffocating--it's like being in a very stuffy room and then somebody JUST opened a window... like you're trying to get a breath of fresh air, but you're just... not... getting... it...

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

This stuff makes me feel really cozy, but not in a good way! This perfume is way too stuffy and powerful. I don't really like vanilla scented perfume in the first place, and this stuff I definitely don't like.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a lovely scent- a basic, old-fashioned vanilla with a hint of musk and powder underneath. I actually think it's quite soft and pretty, a very feminine fragance.

I love it on days where I stay home cleaning or go grocery shopping. It's a warm, comfortable as opposed to something that you'd wear to boost your confidence.

Although I'm not a fan of Vanilla Fields (smells very similar to the expensive Casmir by Chopard!!), I agree that some drugstore fragrances can smell very good and "expensive" too. All the famous, legendary "old" Coty fragrances were sold in drugstores! This was the idea of Coty. Many luxury high-end-price-fragrances do not smell better!! To make a brand new perfume famous, is all tough, very expensive and clever marketing strategy. I remember that inexpensive Vanilla Fields was a very popular top-seller when it came out. So many women loved it!! If you are self-confident enough, you will wear the fragrance you love. Try to forget price, ad, bottle and make your own decision. Info from the internet: Vanilla Fields, 1993 Coty(Benckiser) France.

Olfactive family: Oriental. Olfactive description: Fruity Floral Sweet Oriental Ambery Woody Vanillic. Remarks:FiFi Winner!!!!! :-))))

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I've noticed some people tend to give negative reviews just because the price of an item. Very snobby! This happens to be made by Coty and sold in drugstores, so that is where all the negative reviews come from. Someone said it smells like a cheap hooker. Like you know what hookers smell like?PLEASE! Bottle this by Chanel and everyone would be praising it.

I like this perfume, it's long lasting and is not sickly sweet like most vanillas. Everyone has different chemistry,so it may stink on you but smells great on someone else.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My very best friend used to wear this in Jr. High/High school (late 80's/early 90's). I used to tell her that she smelled like corn. ;p This scent definitly never did anything for me. I could never detect the vanilla tones that are supposed to be there... again, more like corn fields!

So I've had this random bottle of Vanilla Fields sitting around for a long time - I never really wore it, save for once, when it made me a little ill, as I'd overapplied. I think that it might have cost me $10 at most. At any rate, last night, I was a little bored with my current rotation and thought I'd whip it out for a test drive. I applied a small spritz to the wrists and did a walk through, and WOW! When I emerged, my husband complimented me on my scent - which NEVER happens. By the end of the evening, I'd received six - SIX - compliments from everyone who sniffed me. The hostess at the restaurant politely asked, "May I ask what scent you're wearing? I'm sorry to be so forward, but you smell AMAZING." The waiter came over and commented, "Well someone here smells fantastic!" and my in-laws both nearly swooned.

I will say this: a tiny dab'll do ya. Oversprayed, this goes too smoky and quickly becomes dangerously overpowering.

$10. For the love of God. I'm wasting my money on high-end scents. Wasting, I tell you!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This smells great, but makes me sad. Vanilla Fields was the only perfume my mother ever wore, and she has been gone for 5 years now. I can wear other Vanilla fragrances now but I don't think I'll ever be able to wear Vanilla Fields again. I can't even stand to smell it on other people. I can spot it in a crowd. Oh, well.

Update: My mom has been gone for 6 years now. I found myself missing the scent of Vanilla Fields and believe it or not I bought a small bottle this evening. It smells different now and doesn't remind me of sad times. After all I was the first one to wear it and mom copied me. My husband loves it, and I think my mom would be proud of me

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

For the love of God. This stuff is offensive! Gives me a migraine within 2 minutes. It seems like NO ONE can wear it in moderation. Smells like some cheap hooker.

Ahhh. Junior high. The big time. As I moved from elementary school to middle school I graduated from Love's Baby Soft to this--made a new friend and she wore it so we both wore it; how very junior high of me!--then I quickly moved from this to BB Skin Musk. I'm pretty sure the other girls I sat next to in school were wearing much stronger scents than Vanilla Fields. The kind that made teachers, when asked for help, try to talk while holding their breath. VF is cheap, sure, but even now I think it's a pretty decent fragrance for the price. Very light in my opinion. I don't think quite as highly of it as I once did, but I also thought rather highly of stirrup pants, HyperColor shirts, and a t-shirt that said "Can't Touch This." I look back at Vanilla Fields in the same way I look back at those clothes: with loving and laughing nostalgia.

Popular Fragrances