Coty Vanilla Fields (parfum)

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

I sprayed this on my arm and my nostrils were immediately assaulted by a sharp odor. Hmm...why does this smell so familiar?

AHH.

I know.

It smells like the hairdresser's! You know, chockful of chemicals and the smell of hairspray and dyes and the like. Vanilla Fields smells like a chemical alcohol-based hair product...with a generous layer of powder to cover the stench. When I visualize this scent, I see an old woman walking out of a cheap hairdresser's, her face caked with powdery makeup and her hair poufed up with tons of hairspray. The drydown smells just the same, minus the alcohol.

This scent pervaded my nostrils and I'm sure it offended the guy sitting next to me in my lecture hall. All I could do was hope that during the course of the two-hour lecture, his nose would become accustomed to the pungent smell of Vanilla Fields so he wouldn't be too irked.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This fragrance seems to epitomize cheap perfume. I've been searching for a nice fresh vanilla scent (that is neither too foody nor musky or floral), and this was a major disappointment. For one, I cannot detect the vanilla notes at all. Instead, it smells like generic drugstore perfume. I certainly have nothing against a good bargain, but I'm steering clear of this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

when i first tried this out i had to spray on my wrist twice more to really smell much of anything. then when i did, i just didn't care for it at all. there is something about it on me that made me want to run and wash it off immediately. the dry down is powdery which i normally like, but in a bleh way. i don't see it as very vanillaish, reminds me more (when you spritz enough to smell it!) of room deodorizer.

I wore this perfume for years when I was younger. I was a flight attendant and couldn't wear anything strong or offensive. This was perfect for that. Of course I wore it mostly because I couldn't afford anything more expensive at the time, however, strangely enough---out of all the perfumes I have worn, some being over 100.00 a bottle, Vanilla Fields has gotten the most compliments by far. I wear Gucci by Gucci now and get some compliments, but not nearly as many as when I wore Vanilla Fields.
I hadn't smelled VF in years so the other day I spritzed some on at the drug store and not a half an hour later, I had already received three compliments. Not sure what it is about this fragrance, but it does seem to go over well with folks.
I may just get myself a bottle to have on hand.
UPDATE******I picked up a small bottle of this yesterday real cheap at a discount store. I wore it today and sure enough...I got 3 compliments! Proves my theory on this stuff. It is YUMMY! Those are the first compliments I have receieved in years. The last time was when I used to wear this stuff. Amazing.

I remember my stepmother always having a bottle of this on her dresser. I honestly used to love this scent-as I have always loved all things vanilla. A few years ago I bought a bottle and ended up throwing it away-it made me gag, This isn't a yummy, foody vanilla-there's definitely something far too sharp that slaps you in the face and leaves you reeling. Not to mention it smells cheap. Blech! What was I ever thinking?

Light, bland, inoffensive - a mild floral with a light, flat vanilla note. There are lots of decent cheapies on the market so save your money and buy something else. This isn't worth anything.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wore this for quite a while when I had my first job and couldn't afford anything more expensive. This is a non-descript vanilla/musk scent. I worked with the public and it wasn't an offensive scent, but neither did it bring any compliments my way. It does however, hold a fond memory for me, because this is the only present that my brother has ever bought for me on my birthday. I'm not 18 anymore and I can afford something more sophisticated, more womanly...but I still have those fond memories of my Vanilla Fields.

Kinda pretty, soft, light, feminine. Like a windy spring day. But no oomph! It's just plain smelling, nothing memorable, boring. Most gals like it though. Got a few compliments. It could be a bit more bold. But that's me. On others, it smells really clean and nice. It stays on well and it's nose friendly.

This one always brings back memories from my childhood. I recently bought this for my mother for christmas, and oddly enough it smelled like sour baby powder on her. She gave it back to me and I've been using it on myself and it just smells like warm, spicy vanilla. On my body chemistry this just works, it smells the same as it does in the bottle. I guess this proves that perfume is highly personal and what smells great on somebody may not on someone else based on body chemistry. This has great lasting power too, but it's definitely a fall/winter scent.

I could not detest a fragrance more than this one. It literally turns my stomach and gives me the most lovely of gag reflexes. This gets the record of the only perfume that has ever caused me to yak. (In HS a girl next to my locker would douse herself in this every hour, and finally my stomach had enough). I like musk, I like some vanillas (not sweet ones), but these two notes do not make a happy marriage to my poor nose. I literally have to leave a room if someone is wearing this fragrance-it has the affect of following the wearer around in a cloud of stink, which I guess is great for someone who actually likes it. It is a VERY cloying fragrance - the vanilla notes are too sweet, the floral notes are over the top, and the musk smells like dirty skin. I obviously don't wear this fragrance and I would be so happy if no one else did either=(.