Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur

Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur
Enter Title

3.0

Dimethicone, Dimethicone crosspolymer, Silica (nano) / Silica Isododecane, Aluminium Hydroxide, CI77491 / Iron Oxydes, CI77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff. Total game charger for me. I love how it makes my skin so smooth and matte. I'm able to just add concealer under my eyes and brush on my powder. These three steps give me a great flawless everyday face with very little product! Love it!

made me break out like crazy on my cheeks, and I never get acne on my cheeks. at first I thought my face cleanser was the reason behind my breakout but after I stopped using this for a week my skin went right back to normal.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Worst primer I've ever purchased in my life!! Soooo greasy. Makeup slides off. This was an EXPENSIVE impulse buy..well I needed a new primer so I grabbed this. Usually I really like their products but after using this I am totally through with using this makeup line. $20 at CVS. Will be throwing away ! :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am actually quite fond of this as a primer. It has that typical silicone primer feel, kinda slippery and velvety at the same time. I'm not 100% convinved about the "blurring" aspect of this but it does smooth over pores well and provides a nice base for my makeup. I also do not believe a cream will fix all your skin woes so maybe my expectations are lower than other's. It provides a nice matte finish to my skin, foundation blends over it very smoothly, and it gets a long with all the products I use as I have never experienced it balling up while applying. It doesn't make me shiny or greasy, and I haven't broken out or had any irritation since I started using it. I had tried L'Oreal's version in the past and didn't like how thick it was but the Garnier is lighter and more airy so it doesn't ever feel heavy on my face. The directions on the packaging say to use a dime (yes, really, a DIME!) size amount but I only use a pea size and it's plenty of product. I don't think you'd want to smear a dime sized blob on your face. Overall this is a solid drug store primer, if you don't mind silicone based products. I will buy it again.

on 6/26/2014 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really liked it. I had bought an Inglot primer, and this works even better. It works great under my foundation, but I must say that if you're waiting for a miracle, you'll be disappointed. When applied over the moisturizer, your skin does look a bit better, but the true effect comes once you put the foundation on.

If you're on the fence about this product, remember the rule - If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Anyone who's seen Garnier's "not retouched!" advertisement for this product may have found themselves pondering this very statement. Garnier 5 Second Blur claims to 'reduce the appearance of wrinkles, imperfections, pores and shine in just 5 seconds!'

I applied this two ways - first, as instructed, over my day cream. The texture is odd - It feels wet but somehow dry, slippery and greasy, but also very velvety. I was surprised then that it was actually quite difficult to blend on the face. I started by just dabbing with my fingers on to my 'problem areas' (fine lines around my eyes and mouth, acne scarring and large pores on my cheeks) then blended as best I could and waited for the magic to happen. Nothing really did. I convinced myself I'd done something wrong, so I retried on bare skin. I can conclude the following about this product.

* Firstly, if your wrinkles and pores trouble you to the point you feel the need to buy a targeted solution, this product will not be that solution.

* It feels like wearing a greasy silicone mask, which upon looking at the ingredients, is exactly what you will be doing. You can really feel a layer of goop sitting there.

* It's quite a matte finish - On my dry skin, it actually aged me. When your skin is as dry as the sahara, the overly matte look just comes off looking dull and chalky. It actually diminished the natural glow of my skin.

* My pores are still staring at me, albeit like small sad craters full of silicone.

* The texture bugged me. It's just a very 'ick' texture. Like washing your hands with butter.

on 6/14/2014 11:31:00 PM

I received a sample size of this product and thought I would give it a try. While this product does help to blur pores and reduce the appearance of blemishes. I found it difficult to blend in my makeup after applying this primer. It made my makeup 'slippery', my makeup did not stay at all. After a while, my makeup started to cake up in areas on my face. I had to redo my makeup after applying this.
I would not purchase this product.

on 6/10/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am surprised by the negative reviews of this excellent primer which will now be my holy grail. I am 44 have extremely oily, breakout prone skin with large pores and a few fine lines under my eyes. This product filled all my pores and smoothed my fine lines so that they would only be visible with a microscope. It also controlled my oil. I usually have to blot and re-powder approximately 5 times a day, especially because I live in a hot humid climate. I blot only once about 10 hours into my day now! I am thrilled. I have tried many primers but gave up because having extra product under my makeup usually accentuates my lines and pores as the day goes on and nothing controls my oil. This product is so good that on my recent date with a 28yr old man, he couldn't get over my flawless skin :-) Now that's a testimonial!

This has absolutely no blurring power what so ever but it does make a very good base for makeup. The consistency is smooth and creamy and it makes my foundation and concealer last a lot longer. I recommended this to my mother who bought it and hated it but many of my friends also love it.

on 6/7/2014 11:43:00 AM

Ugh! This stuff is disgusting! I used it according to the packaging instructions - not only did nothing "blur" but I ended up with waxy, gross chunks of the stuff pilling up all over my face. I had to wipe it all off and start over. Whatever it is that makes moisturizers pill up, this is like a concentrated tube of that.

Also, it's thick and they stuck it in a tube with a tiny opening so you really have to work hard to get it out of the tube.

No, just no. Taking this back to the store. I would rather be flawed than even try this goop again.