Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear

Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear
Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), aroma (flavor)*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, lanolin, pyrus communis (pear) fruit extract, ammonium glycyrrhizate, tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, canola oil (huile de colza), linalool, limonene, geraniol

I've been disappointed by Burt's Bees before, I SO want to like the brand. The creative coconut/pear hydration combo in the name really drew me in. Unfortunately, from the time I popped the cap I was disappointed. First, there's a strait-up sunscreen smell and there's no pear smell at all. Then, when applying, the consistency is very thin. It definitely does not feel like a balm, and lacks any characteristics that could lead to a hydrating lip product. The worst thing of all is that when I put the balm on, my lips were in good condition, and a few minutes after the first application my lips felt wind burnt. Now, a few hours later, my lips are sore and dry. Not an allergic reaction. Unfortunately for me this product does exactly the opposite of what it claims.

on 12/4/2013 12:24:00 AM

When I saw this in the store, I was so excited to try the new Burt's Bees lip balm! But sadly, I was majorly disappointed. The balm itself nice. It's smooth, not waxy, and somewhat hydrating. I find that it sinks into my lips and leaves a matte texture. But it tends to wear off in the corners of my lips and the worst part, it SMELLS AND TASTES AWFUL. It smells like coconut crossed with pear flavored jelly beans. To some that might sound nice but I don't really like it. It kinda smells and tastes like old sunscreen after a while. I'm a person that likes nice smells and tastes so this is a no go. Too bad because I like the formula.

on 11/10/2013 2:00:00 PM

I got this new Burt's Bees Lip Bam at Target the other day. It is called Hydrating and it has Coconut and Pear in it. Subtle hint of both in the smell and the taste. It is super smooth but not greasy. The lasting power was outstanding!! It lasted through eating breakfast and dinner as well as drinking several cups of water and I still had some on. The label said nothing about it being long lasting but WOW is it ever. There is no color/tint to this product. It comes in the standard Burt's Bees yellow lip balm tube but this one has a white cap. Target is the only place I have seen this little beauty. Would I purchase this product again........DEFINITELY! My lips were horribly chapped when I got it and by afternoon, I could not tell they had been chapped at all. I miss the tingle of the mint but for longevity and quality, I think this has become my new favorite!!