Sephora Collection 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

Sephora Collection 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Isohexadecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Alcohol, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Polybutene, Acrylates Copolymer, Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ozokerite, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Peg-10, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Sodium Potassium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bht, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate.

on 3/19/2014 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

HG foundation for me. Goodbye Revlon Color Stay....bye Kat Von D Lock It. I have found a very happy medium between those two and a shade that truly matches my skin! (like a poster below, I find shade 25 perfect for my NC 30 skin, too). I am perplexed by the comments about it being too light in coverage. I am in Europe and numerous comments on this end complain it's a "mask" and "too full." I find it more on the medium, leaning to full scale. What I disliked about KVD Lock It, was it was a tad too dry and maybe toooo full for my needs. Since Revlon Color Stay changed its formula a year or 2 ago, it breaks me out and doesn't wear like it used to. Sephora 10Hr Pefect Wear is amazing for me. It has a pump, blends like a dream, melts into my skin, dries nicely and can be layered in spots you want some extra coverage. There is a nice selection of colors and tones and I will repurchase (again, on second bottle now).
Edited to add: I feel this foundation applies best if you use your fingers. I think the formula gets 'absorbed' a lot in face brushes. I noticed the coverage is far superior when applied with my hands rather than when I use either my Real Techniques face brush or Sephora mineral foundation brush. Perhaps this is also why some people think the coverage is very light.

Overall, I found this foundation to be decent -- not horrible, not life changing, but more positives than negatives. I would give it 3.5 stars leaning towards 4 stars. First off, I have to note that I am a full-coverage kind of girl. This foundation claims to be medium coverage and long lasting. The claim of medicum coverage is accurate, but coverage is definitely on the lighter end of the medium coverage spectrum. I really like the shade selection, I have fair-light NC20ish skin with yellow undertones and the shade cream matches well. I love that it is fragrance free, oil-free, and I really like the frosted bottle with a pump. The texture is light-weight and smooth, not too siliconey and not too slippy. It provides light-medium coverage and feels lightweight on the skin after using setting powder. It doesn't feel heavy and looks quite fresh and natural on my skin, it also doesn't settle into fine lines or get too cakey through the day. Having said that, their claim of it being 10-hr wear is not truly accurate though -- on my combo skin, it doesn't last all day and fades a bit after about 4-5 hours (almost all foundations fade fast on me, so this one isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things). I always touch up with a powder compact through the day, and the good thing is the texture of this foundation doesn't get cakey after oil breakthrough, so when I touch up, it doesn't cake into a mask like some foundations will. I think this foundation might have longer lasting power on someone with normal-dry skin. For me, I like this foundation for everyday wear since it is light-medium coverage and looks fresh and natural on me, makes me look polished but not covered enough for evening or something formal (keep in mind full coverage is my comfort zone). I actually kind of like it more than most of my higher-end foundations (D&G, Armani, Dior, YSL, etc.), good price point for the performance. I would also buy and use this foundation over any drugstore foundation anyday -- the formula, shades and finish definitely suits me better than Revlon Colorstay, Maybelline Superstay, etc.

on 2/21/2014 11:17:00 AM

About my skin:
Semi-Sensitive, extremely combo (flaky in some places, fry an egg in others), hormonal cystic acne on chin, hyperpigmentation on chin, freckles, clog prone.

Being that this foundation claims to be anti-pore clogging and it's also water based, I really thought this would work for me. I loved that it claimed to be 10 hour, long wear and medium coverage.

I bought this in the second lightest, and it was the best match for my skin of any foundation I've ever tried. I stippled it on with a flat top brush and set with powder in my t-zone. It looked awesome! Unfortunately, about 3 hours later it started to look patchy and cakey in my oily areas. I tried to blot with powder and papers and smooth out the foundation with a brush and my fingers in the patchy areas. It just made it worse.

I felt so self conscience while wearing it. It started to cling to my flakies and make them more prominent and it really made my acne scarring look noticable and flaky and just gross. It also oxidized to a color way darker than my skin which caused a mask like effect.

Overall, I really wasn't pleased with this foundation. I gave 1 lippies for the color selection, 1 lippy for the great packaging with an awesome pump that you can get just the right amount out with and 1 lippy for the fact that it didn't cause any break outs, but beyond that I can't say much more about it. I've had better results from drug store foundations.

on 2/21/2014 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have found my HG foundation! Finally!
To begin, I have very fair olive toned skin, which is difficult to match. The "Light 10" shade was perfect for me, not too yellow, ashy or pink.
It comes in a frosted glass package with a plastic pump which ensures a mess fee application and adds a bit of luxury.

It comes out looking pretty thick for a liquid foundation, but once you apply it, it thins out and blends perfectly into your skin. It dries quickly and I almost instantly feel like I don't have makeup on. You can't even see it up close in natural light. If you are able to spot the foundation sitting on top of your skin, you probably don't have the right shade, because trust me, this stuff looks and feels like skin.

Some of you have complained about the coverage, I honestly think its perfect for evening out dark spots or small blemishes. It is a medium coverage, and definitely buildable, and I believe it does cover redness and light acne, but don't expect full coverage.

The finish gives my skin has a natural glow, leaving it moisturized! My blush and bronzer blend perfectly into it, and like I said, it just looks so natural, day and night. It definitely lasts all day, and doesn't budge unless I touch my face too much, which I feel inclined to do because I forget I'm wearing makeup.

Try it out, I think a lot of people will like it as a basic every day foundation. It's around $20, which most drugstore foundations cost these days anyways.

Good job, Sephora! Will repurchase!

on 2/5/2014 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not a fan. Bought this after reviews on here and I was very disappointed. Very little coverage and not buildable. After an hour it looks cakey and you have to reapply.

I bought this foundation in 05 porcelain, and loved it when I first put it on. The consistency was great (not too runny, not too thick - very easy to apply and blend), the color matched incredibly well (which is very difficult given that my skin is paler than the fairest shade in almost any given brand) and it did not seem to oxidize, dry up, cause acne or have any otherwise adverse affects on my skin. However, about 10 minutes after I took the foundation off for the night (used makup remover, showered and moisturized as normal) my skin started PEELING. I mean, just flakes coming off every which way. It was awful. It may have had something to do with the hyaluronic acid that's intended to smooth your skin, but maybe not. I had a similar reaction when I tried a free sample of the Sephora brand makeup remover. I've reached the sad conclusion that I should never put any sephora brand product near my face.

This foundation was okay - not bad, not great. I did feel it gave my skin a warm glow, which was nice, but as the winter season came it felt a little too orangey for my tone. The coverage was good enough to camouflage any redness or acne scars, but if it put on too thin it will wear out. It goes on smoothly, though it will come off if rubbed/touched too much through out the day. It was an okay foundation, but probably not worth the price tag.

on 12/19/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow, look at the bad reviews here. I am in love with this foundation. For years, I had used Estee Lauder Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay. EL was good quality but the shades were all off. Revlon's quality was poor and because of the bad quality my skin started looking and feeling duller over the years. When I started using this, I did not have high hopes for it. After all, I am a foundation junkie. To my surprise, this stays on the whole day (on my very oily skin). It does not oxidize or make my skin greasy. The shade 25 is perfect for my NC30 skin. In fact, MAC's shade in NC30 is too yellow for me but this is the exact match. I usually wear bronzer or a mineral powder over it and I am good for more than 16 hours. The best thing about this foundation is that it has done wonders for my skin. My face looks firmer and more hydrated. Love this and highly recommend it. Let's hope Sephora does not discontinue it.

Honestly, this is the worst foundation I have ever tried.

It was so sheer, and it seemed impossible to build. I tried so many different application techniques, and it was so streaky. It also wouldn't dry! I tried setting it with a powder, and all it did was make it sticky and gross.

on 11/26/2013 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just finished my first bottle of this and I intend on going back for another. This is the first medium coverage foundation that I have found works on my very oily and acne prone skin. Because I have an issue with (typically hormonal) cystic outbreaks I have been using KVD Lock It for the last year as my every day foundation. It was too heavy, but I could never find a medium coverage foundation that was buildable, wouldn't break me out and wouldn't look cakey. Well, tuh-dah! I will go on about the formula below.

It feels almost dry, it reminds me of HG Immaculate except less powdery. It applies smooth and sets quickly enough, it doesn't feel moisturizing and there is never excess shine. I find it gives a very natural finish and does not feel heavy. It provides good coverage! Similar, perhaps slightly more than Mufe HD but feels more substantial when you are applying it if that makes any sense. I personally like applying it with a paddle brush. I also like that it doesn't oxidize on my oily skin. It doesn't last a full 10 hours on my wretched skin but a good 5 before I look oily. I find with touching up with powder (and typically using a BB as a primer) it lasts all day!

The glass packaging is a huge step up for Sephora and of course I love the price. My new HG foundation, while I wish there was more product in the bottle I am willing to replace this more frequently than I'm used to.