Sephora 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

Sephora  10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Isohexadecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Alcohol, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Polybutene, Acrylates Copolymer, Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ozokerite, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Peg-10, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Sodium Potassium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bht, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate.

on 1/7/2015 1:33:00 PM

Just tried this for the first time. Its definitely not fantastic. It dries pretty quickly and isn't as easy to blend as other ones. I might try cutting it with moisturizer because I think it'd look more natural. You can still see some blemishes, though it is pretty buildable. The best thing is the shade selection, I'm super pale and the lightest is still kinda too dark but its a lot better than most other ones. It does oxidize a bit. Fave foundation is still Clinique Even Better, but that one is soooo orange. Ill repurchase this if it doesn't break me out and gets more natural looking as the day goes on.

UPDATE: still been using this foundation ever since I wrote this! I've gone through 3 or 4 bottles now. It does look more natural than i originally thought, you just have to set it with a more dry powder and use a wet sponge to apply it. You still need concealer for blemishes, though the coverage is good. Does not break me out, and seems to actually protect from the sun, even though no spf!

on 1/3/2015 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

New Holy Grail foundation! This stuff is great. It's a medium buildable coverage as it advertises. I find it goes on best with a beauty blender. Doesn't cling to fine hairs, or cake up. It looks very natural, but perfected. I still have to use a concealer on blemishes, but I don't mind. It sets to a demi-matte finish on me when I set it with powder. It lasts all day, especially when I set it with my All-Nighter spray. Give it a try! Price is great for a higher-end foundation of this quality.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got a couple Sephora GC for Christmas this year. One of the foundations I really wanted to try was the Urban Decay Naked foundation. My sephora never ever has my shade (01) so I went on to look for something else. MUA rated this foundation really well, considering how love-hate most foundations are. Usually I'm left going...."Ok, some hate it, some love it"....Chances are I won't be disappointed..It's also a lot more affordable than the UD.

This comes in a great color line.....something for most people. I got "light Ivory" I tested the sample, and was pleasantly suprised by how creamy it is. It is a PERFECT color match for me. I have super dry skin, and this applied SUPER NICE....It's got great coverage, and leaves a natural matte finish. It lasts really well, didn't move around, and most importantly it didn't dry me out more than I already am. I only sometimes use a bit of powder around my nose, but I didn't have to touch my setting powder with this. Honestly, this is a good example of the "more expensive is not necessarily better". This foundation cost me $25 (it's quite a bit comparably to the DS foundations) but it costs a LOT less than the other brands carried in Sephora. So next time you're on the hunt, grab a sample cause this really performs.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have mostly dry skin that is VERY DRY in the winter. This is my HG foundation.It has been a lifesaver for me. It has a good wear time but doesn't dry me out. it has a natural medium coverage finish and comes in a wide range of shades. I'm very grateful to have found this product!

on 12/11/2014 11:07:00 AM

Have tried foundation from Tarte, Kat Von D, revlon, true match etc and this one BEATS THEM ALL!!!! Not only is the color perfect,it feels nice. Not heavy or sticky or wet. **No sparkles or shimmer of any kind, not even out doors! The color is 100% spot on and I freaking love it! Well purchase another bottle and keep it sealed incase it's ever discontinued/formula changed. It really truly looks like skin but better,doesn't look heavy or cakey. I will continue to purchase because I'm 36 and have never ever (till now) liked a foundation 100 %! !
EDIT for some reason my skin has been really dehydrated no matter what I do. don't like it so much any more because it makes me look even more dry and cakey! :(

on 10/21/2014 10:37:00 AM

I'm a huge foundation junkie. I'm always looking for the best of the best! I was checking out at Sephora and the cashier's skin looked so good that I asked her what foundation she was wearing. I got a sample and plan to purchase a bottle. It feels weightless but has medium coverage and just has a very pretty "real skin" finish. Love it and will repurchase!

hands down my holy grail foundation...doesn't break me out, feels weightless even though it's buildable to a nice medium coverage, and doesn't have a harsh smell like some makeup has...this will always be my favorite foundation; it'll be a sad day if I ever have to part with it :(

Let me preface this by saying I live in Florida (humidity central!) and I sweat easily. I went to Sephora and the woman helped color match me. She was great btw. I decided on this one for the price point. Compared to the other matches offered it was the cheapest at $20. (I'm a medium with cool undertones). She gave me shade Medium Beige #25
I've had this for a while and I'm not really impressed. Sometimes I can feel it on my skin which bugs me. Although I wonder if thats due to the setting spray I use (VS Prime & Set Makeup Spray). It does transfer. If I blot away sweat carefully I will have foundation on my tissue. If I wipe, touch or scratch my face I come away with foundation. At the end of the day it doesn't look bad though. So maybe I'm being picky? But given the price point and the claims of 10 Hour Wear I dont think its worth it.

on 9/26/2014 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The product stays on long, even when I go to gym class or stay out in the sun. It definitely stays on and looks good on my skin. It is easy to blend and has a natural finish with great coverage.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

So, almost a month ago I finally made the switch from drugstore brands to high end brands and I purchases this stuff after being matched at Sephora for the first time. Needless to say, this stuff rocks! I use it over my Sephora smoothing makeup base primer and I love it. It leaves a very youthful dewy glow to my face and I was matched perfectly so I adore it. It didn't break me out or irritate my skin in the slightest. The only reason I didn't give this a 5/5 was because it doesn't have SPF. :( Other than that, it's a great product that I highly recommend.