L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.8

i normally get mascara that it waterproof so that it is more dry and holds the curl better .but I prefer waterproof. however I couldn't find this in waterproof so I got the blackest black in regular ...I saw mixed reviews and decided i would finally try and to start off with

con:
has this awful smell ( I have to hold my breath while using this bc it is so bad)
my eyelashes fall down immediately
too wet
make my lashes separated and look odd
adds no volume or length what so ever

Pro:
good brush
good for bottom lashes
color is dark
doesn't flake
doesn't clump

it also says the butterfly brush will make your lashes flare that like but to me it doesn't at all

I normally like L'Oreal mascara's but this one disappointed me I don't think I would buy this again but if I do it would only be waterproof

i bought this in the waterproof version because my stick straight, downward pointing asian lashes can't handle normal mascara formulas. the weird brush was difficult to work with, and all it did was clump up my lashes which defeated the whole reason why i bought this in the first place.

on 7/4/2014 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product with really high hopes, that were not met. How could a mascara with such an interesting name, and cool packaging go wrong? First of all the formula is terrible, it made my lashes clump together and felt heavy. By the end of the day there was more mascara on my lids than on my lashes. On the brighter side, I felt that the price point was reasonable. I`m defiantly not buying this product again.

I don't even know where to start with this product. I have tried to wear this several times but I just CANNOT make it work!!!! I literally look like I have sticks coming out of my eyelids... It is really gross. Ok so I can't complain about the packaging- I think it is very cute and sleek. The brush- cool in theory... In THEORY. This wand does nothing but deposit gallons of mascara onto your lashes. I have to literally wipe of every last bit of mascara with a tissue before I can even think about trying to use it. But once I have everything wiped of the brush.... It still manages to make my eyelashes look like thorns!! I just don't get it..... And the formula is so so wet it takes forever to dry. If I blink before this is cometary dry it gets mascara all around my eye. And this mascara is not cheap. I believe I paid $9 for this!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!! L'Oreal has much better mascaras to offer!!!

on 2/24/2014 9:07:00 PM

I had been meaning to try out this mascara for awhile, especially after seeing all the hype for it. I was very disappointed. It smelled awful, I'm not in the habit of smelling my mascaras but I just couldn't escape the scent. I hated the brush, which was the whole point of the product. If I was using the longer end of the brush on the outer corner lashes then I only got mascara on half my eyelashes. When I went to put mascara on the other half of my lashes the longer end was in the middle of my lashes, which defeated the whole point. The formula was too thick and didn't seem black, more of a charcoal gray. By the end of the day I had mascara all over my eyelids, as apparently it liked to smear. The one thing I will say is that it did make my lashes longer. But plenty of mascaras do that.

on 12/14/2013 7:53:00 PM

I'm really disappointed in this mascara. I've heard so many YouTube beauty gurus rave about it so I figured this was going to be a really good mascara. Boy was I wrong! The brush was definitely unique but the formula was on the really wet so it got spidery super quickly. On the second coat, my lashes had clumped together making it look like i had 5-7 lashes in total. There is also a lot of mascara on the brush so you need to scrape it off but it was still a hot mess. I just absolutely hate this mascara and I will never repurchase it.