L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.8

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I was a little disappointed because I always buy my mascaras from L'Oreal and they always work amazingly. This, however, didn't do the lash out effect, as advertised. (Telescopic from this brand is better) Nice brush and packaging, but I won't be buying this again any time soonn

on 1/21/2014 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

A little disappointed with this one :( I have very long, medium brown, average thickness lashes. I always buy black mascara, and I don't buy waterproof because me lashes are prone to drying out and becoming brittle. Soooo, that means I need a formula that will hold a curl and not be too drying. I love the formula of this!! Very black, sort of a mousse like consistency. But what I hate and why it gets 2 lippies off- it FLAKES. BAD. Granted, I wear this on school days with figure skating practice right afterwards, so it's in for a solid 13 hours before I take it off. I also wear eyeshadow and liquid liner, with primer so my oily lids should not be a problem. It could be since my lashes are so long they scrape my brows, but I really wish it would stay on better. I love the brush, packaging, price, color, everything but the flakiness factor!! So, unfortunately, once the tube is done I don't think I am getting another :(

I have grown to like loreal mascara and I was in need of a new mascara. I saw this one and decided to give it a try. This mascara did not work for me-using this mascara by itself creates the worst spider lashes you can imagine. Instead of separating my lashes, my lashes formed triangles so it appeared as if I had only 7 eyelashes. Trying to separate them with a comb was impossible. However, using this mascara ontop of another one did work out quite nicely. In short, I don't think this mascara is worth your money. I like the million lash mascara more. I have shorter, fine lashes and I'm looking for volume and thickness, this mascara didn't give it to me.

on 10/26/2013 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this mascara. I just wish it was waterproof then it would've been great!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don’t like this. I have long lashes, and the mascara does lengthen them greatly but it weighs them down and undoes even the slightest curl. It looks great when I first apply it, but it looks awful after only two hours. It also tends to shed and smear a bit around my eyes. To top it off, it is not cheap either. Just overall not a good product.

It's not a bad mascara, there is just way better mascaras out there for the same price. Doesn't really give you anything special, and the odd shaped brush isn't easy to work with. Waterproof version isn't very waterproof.

on 11/4/2015 5:01:00 AM

i purchased the not waterproof version. the fibers make the formula dry and flaky. doesnt last long. adds volume but no length whatsoever. uncomfortable to apply. first month the formula was too wet. then it looked good a month later. it went dead-dry a month after that. however i looks good on asian eyelids. just wish it had staying power :(

I like the concept, but am thoroughly disappointed. This mascara clumped like crazy, and my eyelashes were all stuck together, even after combing them with a clean spoolie. I paid $25.95 for this, and I really wish I didn't. I will not be buying this again, unless I can find a way to stop it from clumping. It was really thick, and slopped onto my lashes without spreading though them. It started flaking within 20 minutes, and went all through my eyes (I have very sensitive eyes, that are prone to infection). It smells of plastic. I don't have a habit of smelling mascara, but upon sniffing it, I was hit with a very strong stench of plastic. I don't like that.
I typically like L'Oreal's products, but this was one that I regret.

Im not a fan of this mascara. I prefer maybelline mascara. I don't like the smell of this product and it doesn't work. I do like the bottle tho. its cool and fun and its not expensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this mascara because I thought it had a cool wand and I wanted to give it a try. This mascara has a very wet formula. Since I have very fine lashes this ended up just making them clumpy. Generally I go for the more defined lashes look. I also had problems with this mascara flaking off throughout the day. I love the length and volume it added, but since it was too hard to work with I wouldn't repurchase.