L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.8

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

wow! I bought this after being lured in by the promises of and asymmetrical brush and the shiny packaging. This mascara is a little volumizing, but not amazing as that was not the indented purpose. However, it is INSANELY lengthening and does, as promised, wing out the corners of your eyelashes. The only downside is that it does clump pretty badly if you keep applying it, but I don't use much so it works out. Made my eyelashes look false they were so long and thick and dark! Will repurchase.

on 5/19/2015 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm so torn on this mascara. It's amazing for length and volume. It makes my lashes really long and it decently gives volume. It gives a sort of spidery look(in a good way). It clumps a little too. I get compliments on my lashes with this. What totally threw me for a loop was that it flakes under my eyes after a couple hours and the formula is too wet for my liking. If someone has a mascara that basically does the same as this but has a better formula, please message me :(

on 5/18/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Decent mascara, makes my lashes look very.... sleek? I would classify this is as lengthening mascara personally, as I find it volumizing power isn't anything to rave about. It gives my lashes a very romantic look, seperating and flaring them out to the corner. There is a bit of clumping but not as much as some of the drugstore mascaras I've tried.
I can't shake the feeling this product is somewhat gimmicky, but I do enjoy the results it gives me. Three stars for makin my lashes look pretty good, but not holding up to the volumizing claim.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

For L'Oreal, this is my least fav mascara i've ever used by this company. The so called "butterfly" look ended up a mess.

Unfortunately, this didn't work out... FOR ME and I think it's important to point it out because I'm not the one that likes to flip my wrist or switch hands - even tought i do with this one. It does give nice definition, nice length and volume... but I could only get the right eye right (no pun intended!). I gave it to my sister and since she flips her wrist, she likes it. It can sometimes flakes, so one lippie out for flaking and one lippie out for the fact that it doesn't works for me. I had the midnight black version, by the way. If you want this without the 'wing', i recommend the L'Oréal voluminous million lashes. I found the formulas to be somewhat similar; only thing that changes is that on the million lashes the bristles are longer and have no wing.

When I first heard about this product I got really excited to get it because of all the high reviews. However I was not that impressed. The mascara I purchased was the waterproof black and it was $8. The brush was ok but clumped a little bit unless I brushed very fast. But it didn't really do much volume wise. But I did like the length it gave me and how long it lasts. It's just a pain to get of since it's waterproof but a oil based remover usually takes care of that. Overall, I'm giving it a 3/5 because it does work really good for how cheap it is.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to love this mascara. It had a few great things going for it, but the cons...

THE GOOD:
1. Very black and pigmented
2. Holds my curl (I got the waterproof)
3. Very waterproof (held up through a shower)

THE BAD:
1: Even though it held my curl, it made my lashes look wonky and harshly pinched. Not naturally curly. My lashes were pointing all different directions, which has never happened before.
2. WAYYY too much product on the wand.
3. The wand. Nice for the right eye. Not so much for my left eye. I had to turn my hand to apply it to the left eye in order to have the fanned-out effect.
4. I'm assuming that it's a fiber mascara, but not a very good one, as it left chunks of fiber at the tips of my lashes.
5. Very waterproof. I put this as both a pro and a con, depending on what you're looking for. Wear this to a funeral. Wear it to a wedding. Do nOT wear it for an everyday mascara, unless you want to pull out all your lashes removing it at the end of the night.
6. Packaging looked cool, but the fact that it couldn't stand up made it impossible to display, and it was too long to store in my regular makeup storage.
7. Irritated my eyes. I think the fibers got into my eyes.

Sigh, L'Oreal.

on 6/13/2014 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So it's an alright product. To be honest, the commercials with Barbara Palvin made it look like it was better than it was.

So the packaging is beautiful. I feel so sophisticated when I see it because I think "Oh look at me using L'Oreal products, I'm so fancy" but then I look at the brush. The brush/applicator is unique, so I like that. It's asymmetrical and I keep thinking that I'll poke my eye out when I use it but I don't so that's another good thing. The only real problems I have with this mascara is the formula and, yes, the applicator/brush. So the formula (because I get it in waterproof because my lashes won't hold a curl for anything) is really thick and it just gets clumped up on the brush. I don't understand this because the formula hasn't even touched my lashes yet at this point and it's already clumping together. Then when I put it on my lashes my lashes clump up together, so then I try to comb them through to "unclump" them and it just makes it worse and this is only the first coat. The second coat then follows and I'm still under the impression that they will unclump but they don't. I'm then left with spider lashes and a frown because I'm not as happy as I thought I would be with the mascara.

Overall, it's alright. If you have naturally longer lashes, however, you would like this product because it indeed does what it claims it does...it just doesn't do so for me as well.

Again, overall, a good product. I would buy again later if I wanted to, though.

on 4/24/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging for this is absolutely pretty. I also found the brush to be quite interesting as well. The brush has two little "wings" and I think it's really unique. I actually bought it because I like my eyelashes to be longer as I go towards the outer corners of my eyes and when I saw that this mascara claimed that it could do that, I bought it right away. At first, I hated it because I used the side that has short bristles then gradually has the wings. At that time, I was not happy because it didn't give me the butterfly look and I was really disappointed. It also weighed down my eyelashes. I was so devastated. Then I tried a different technique. For the first coat, I used the side with all the short bristles and then to make my lashes towards the outer corner of my eye longer, I switched to the side of the brush with the wings and used only the longer bristles to lengthen my outer lashes. The wings actually make it quite easy to apply mascara to my outer lashes. Even with the new technique, it still weighed down my eyelashes. So I used Maybelline Rocket mascara to help lift my lashes with the rolling pin technique. It helped a bit. :) So all-in-all, it's a good mascara but not really VERY VERY HG GOOD. It lengthens very well, it truly gives the butterfly look it claims(using my technique), doesn't smudge, flake or clump. I just wish it didn't weigh down my eyelashes so that I could call this my HG mascara. :( I would still buy it though.

on 4/21/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is an okay mascara. It does the job of giving my eyelashes volume but after an hour or so, it flakes and smudges under my eye. And after two coats or so, my lashes start to get test 'spidery' look.