L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.8

on 6/12/2014 2:08:00 PM

Overall, I LOVE this mascara!! It really volumizes and separates my lashes amazingly!! However, it doesn't really give my eyelashes the "butterfly" look.. But I would for sure buy this mascara again!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was very impressed with this mascara I thought it was just going to like any other mascara , but it gave my lashes the 'butterfly look' , nice volumized and lengthened lashes!

on 6/8/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Well what can I say I love this mascara it lengthens my lashes to the point it almost touches my eyebrows which is great for me it also gives me the "butterfly" effect if I focus it on the ends of my lashes which is great but one com for me about this mascara is that it flakes for me throughout the day which I have never experienced with a mascara but then again the packaging is cute and I totally love this mascara and it works great for bottom lashes

on 5/3/2014 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favourite mascara (at the moment). I have short lashes, so it's difficult to find a good mascara that works well. I love this mascara because I only put on 2 coats. This is awesome because I use to use 3-4 with my other mascara. The brush is cool when you first try it, but then when you get to the other eye, you either have to use your opposite hand, or flip the hand you usually use. The packaging is super pretty, and I have not had any flaking (it might be because I have the water proof formula). Over all, I love this, mascara

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Overall - the best drugstore mascara I've tried, and I've tried a lot.
Plus - my eyelashes suck. They're so bad... thin, straight, and uncooperative with most mascaras. So keep that in mind ...

PROS:
1. Makes eyelashes look very long and thinner at the end, very Disney-princess-y.

2. Holds curl well.

3. Doesn't feel tough - feels natural and soft.

CONS:
1. Can flake if you put in on your lower lashes, but overall it's fine.

2. Packaging is cute and since it's so reflective it's easy to find in a makeup bag!

on 3/20/2014 11:30:00 PM

The smell is bad... its just a bad mascara smell but a little much. My first impression was that this sucked haa it gave kinda showed a wet formula to the lashes which is kinda clumpy. But after a few weeks retried it and it awesome. Lashes are defiantly longer and and on a scale a little over medium for volume but however the lashes don't really look that full for that butterfly effect... The packaging is great i love it overall i would recommend to try it out you might like it u might hate it depends on your lashes I think.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I had needed a new mascara for a while and had seen this one in Project Runway and wanted to try it! Over all its a good mascara the unique brush is great for top lashes but sometimes difficult for applying on our bottom lashes. Another con is its kinda clumpy! But it works sooo well! Don't believe me? Go out and try it yourself!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

At first, I wasn't a fan of this mascara, but once I figured out the brush, it is actually a pretty good mascara. Better than benefit's "they're real" in my opinion.

on 2/21/2014 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I recently bought this mascara after seeing all the commercials... it really did give me butterfly lashes! Very easy to apply, it wasn't messy at all, though the formula is on the wetter side. My lashes are average length, and sparse in some areas, but this mascara gave me great volume, and my lashes almost touched my eyebrows! It gave me the coveted "disney princess" look. The only thing I wish is that it thickened a bit more.
At the end of a humid day, my lashes stayed as tall as they were this morning. It also came off very easily with soap and water (unlike my megaplush!). If the formula stays this way, I'll surely repurchase :)

on 1/13/2014 12:25:00 AM

This is everything that I wanted CG Clump Crusher to be...and more!
There's so much that I love about this mascara. Starting with the packaging, which is an attractively designed silver and black tube...probably the best looking mascara I've owned, which is saying something. Definitely something nice looking to have in my MU collection, rather than juvenile neon colors or tacky and risque names, I'll pick this tasteful tube over those any day.
The brush reminds me of clump crusher's, it's a plastic comb with teeth arranged in two flared rows, then the other four are regular length spikes. The brush is very helpful, it keeps my lashes defined and separated like none other, getting into every corner. Also like CC, it's nearly impossible for me to get clumps with this mascara, even after 4 to 5 coats. The flared bristles are extremely handy for defining all of my lower lashes without smearing mascara everywhere.
And the formula, so much better. This is the only mascara that can hold a curl on my lashes, it's dry enough to do so, but wet enough to actually create some drama and last me more than 2 months.
The only gripe I have is it flakes a bit by the end of the day, leaving a slight trace of mascara crumbs under my eyes. Which is a huge pet peeve of mine. But I haven't found a single mascara that doesn't do this, so I'm not terribly disappointed.

One tip I've found for getting this mascara, along with others, to perform their best is to "cure" it. This one requires far less time, compared with Lancome's Definicils and Maybelline Volum' Express for example (very wet formulas). But it will still benefit from this process.
A week or so before your main mascara is about to give out on you, break out a new one and keep it in your drawer. Every time you can, pump the handle of the new mascara, putting air in the tube and slowing preparing the mascara to be used. I've found that using any mascara fresh from the package will make my lashes droop, until it's been in use for several weeks and has dried out sufficiently. If you are afraid of drying out your mascara totally, combine the fresh one with the older one in alternating coats on your lashes. This keeps the fresh one on track to cure, and keeps the older one from running out so fast.

Hope this was helpful to you!