L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.8

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

it was okay. i just expected more from it. but so far its great.

on 9/8/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Great drugstore mascara for lengthened and defined lashes. I wore this to school today, and for 9 hours it has not flaked or smudged. I have the waterproof formula, which works very well for holding the curl. The formula is light weight and dries quickly, and does not weigh down my lashes. The brush does take a while to adjust to, but it's worth it. I used it with Maybelline's the Rocket, because it did not do much for volume. Great for a natural look.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love, love, LOVE this mascara! The brush gives great separation and length. It also provides nice volume, too. I always curl my lashes, so I don't know how well of a curl it gave. It did give you a "fanned out" look, which was what I was looking for and it was definitely true to the advertisements. I only have two cons. One is that all of a sudden it gets extremely dry. It's not even a gradual descent to dryness, it's like one day you open up the tube and it's perfectly normal, and then the next day it's desert dry. The second is the price. L'oreal mascaras tend to be on the pricey side, but they're well worth it.

on 8/22/2014 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have the blackest black waterproof version of this mascara. I really like the look it gives my lashes, but the brush is kind of confusing and not super quick and easy to use. It takes a few coats to make my lashes look the way I want them to, but it lasts all day. Unfortunately, it's not the most waterproof mascara out there. If it's sprinkling outside, then you're fine, but if it's much more than that, this mascara doesn't hold up so great. It's easy to remove, on the other hand. I didn't notice a smell, which is a plus. However, I wouldn't repurchase it because I prefer wet formulas, and for the $7 I think I can buy a better mascara.

on 8/8/2014 6:58:00 PM

I got this mascara a couple of months ago and I really like it! It adds length, volume, and curl to my lashes. This gives my eyes a very bold look and I would recommend this to everyone.

I was really excited to try this product out because my eyelashes do not like just any mascara. It was a good product. I love the bottle and the wand, the wing on the end truly does grab the ends of your eyelashes to extend them, which I had a hard time with using other mascaras. The formula was a little 'wet' , but it wasn't bad at all. I didn't get clumps using this , which is great because I always have to have clump-free lashes. It separated my lashes and lengthened them. It wasn't very volumizing; I didn't feel as if my lashes were all completely separated, voluminous, and long. Definitely better than A bunch if drugstore mascaras. Applies wonderfully to bottom lashes, especially small ones like I have. I would use this on-the-go if I didn't have time to apply another mascara or if I couldn't find a better one. Currently my go-to mascara. Recommended.

on 8/7/2014 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Has a very wet formula, and the wand itself is very good (rubber). It really gets into your lashes and lengthens and volumizes very well. For my lashes it holds a decent curl and not a "straight up" lash kind of look. I do not like the smell of it at all, it makes me want to close my eyes all the time. Its like the smell makes you feel like how youve been in a car for awhile with blasted a.c, and you cant help but to close them; Thats exactly the feeling. But it really is a good mascara overall, i really feel like the tube could last awhile since the mascara formula is so wet (but not runny).
I have thick long lashes so it really is a lash enchancer for me..
I did have a friend that had short, brittle, asian lashes. It worked very well for her and it really lengthened and volumized her lashes. But it did not make them thicker.
This mascara i can compare to the rimmel glam eyes mascara, but the only reason why i think this butterfly mascara is better is because it has a curve on the wand so it really helps grab/hug all the lashes.

on 8/4/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is probably the best drugstore mascara I have used in a while! It clumped a little more than I would have liked, but overall it was a pretty good mascara.

When they say waterproof, they mean waterproof. They mean cry your eyes out, jump in the
pool, spend an entire day at the water park, waterproof. It made my short straight eyelashes look amazing and doesn't look like spider legs with several coats.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

OMG LOVE!!
Ok so this is my first drugstore mascara and IM IN LOVE.
It's equally as great as high-end mascara. Its just a dream.
I have super short lashes that do straight down. This mascara makes it long and defines every single lash. One big problem I had with previous mascaras are that it clumps my lashes and this one doesn't. SO happy I tried this.