L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.8

on 7/26/2014 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this is one of the best mascaras I've ever tried. it gives me the length & volume I desire

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My all-time favorite mascara, and I just owned it for about a week!! I bought this mascara because the reviews on youtube were very good. I have yet to find a mascara that I kept repurchasing, until now! It makes my lashes very long and very separated and I do not get as much product on my eyelid as I do with other mascaras. One coat is all I need for an everyday look, and its easy to layer this in because the brush is so small and the teeth in it are so thin. The formula is a little wet, but after it dries a little its even better! I don't understand how the reviews are so bad :( but I strongly recommend! This will also probably work better if your lashes are already curly and long :)

One of the best mascaras I have tried, the packaging looks elegant, the formula is great and the wand gives me a lot of volume and length.

on 5/31/2014 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was a little hesitant about buying this mascara, since I had seen some bad reviews. However, upon obtaining a $3 off coupon, I decided to go for it. I got the waterproof version in Blackest Black. The brush is very different from other brushes. Its plastic bristled are placed shorter to longer, but it is barely noticeable. There are two rows that stand out longer than the rest, and that is the side I use to apply the mascara. I have short and straight Asian lashes, and when I apply mascara I always curl my lashes. This mascara effectively held the curl, and it lasted all day until I took it off about nine hours later after my day. No flaking had occurred, but minimal smudging did. Now about what it did for my lashes, I was amazed. Unlike some of the other reviews I've seen, my results were different. It gave my lashes length and volume, and I could indeed see a little bit of a winged out effect. It does not clump on my lashes, and is super light. I think this surpasses my long time favorite mascara, the Colossal.

All I can say is I LOVE this mascara. I'm a contact lenses wearer, one of the main reasons why I bought it. My lashes are already curled and pretty long so I think that's the reason why it doesn't weight my lashes down, instead it curls them more. It's not clumpy and it does separate my lashes. The way the wand is designed does take a little time to get used to but it's not that difficult either. I love how the wand gets my outer lashes too. It can last all day and it doesn't flake much until like 9 hours after wearing it. I think it's fair enough lol. I would definitely recommend this mascara to anyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

MAYBE the best mascara i have ever used!! I have a medium length and small volume for my lashes. my mom bought something in sephora and gave me the medium size of this (it was a sample) and when i first saw it, I was like wth is with the mascara bottle? Anyways, I used this on my plain lashes and it was pretty awesome because it coats every hair on your eyelashes! Some of it though was sticking to each other so i had to use the small eyelash comb. Then i experimented with my other eyelash and curled it then combed it and finally put it on. My lashes were beautiful!! IT IS PROBABLY THE BEST MASCARA EVER!!

The brush is really cool. The mascara glides on smoothly and it isn't clumpy. I have long lashes and it adds a nice flare. It is really natural with one brush. I would definitely buy this again.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the best mascara at the drugstore by leaps and bounds. I've always preferred high end mascaras to mascaras at the drugstore because they seem to give my lashes more oomph but dry out too last for my liking so if I can find something at the drugstore that works, I like to get it instead. This mascara performs very similarly to high end mascaras when it comes to oomph factor. It is excellent at volumizing, lenghthening and curling but not the best at separating....it isn't a clumpy mascara by any means but it definitely isn't going to give perfect, clean separation. The mascara is a wetter formula so I find that if you apply it without an eyelash curler, it can make your lashes quite straight but when used with an eyelash curler, will make your lashes very curler. This mascara will definitely give you that doll lash effect that everyone wants with a few quick coats (I don't have to spend hours fiddling with my lashes to make them look perfect). I've had this mascara for about 3 months now and it has yet to dry out and drying out seems to be my number one problem when it comes to mascara. My only suggestion with this mascara would be to get waterproof if you have problems with smudging and transferring because after a few hours, it will start to transfer if I have applied it on my lower lashes. Overall, I really enjoy this product and would recommend it.

on 2/19/2014 2:17:00 PM

By FAR my favorite mascara. I don't have to use an eyelash curler (but sometimes I do if I feel like it). It doesn't smudge and the only time I get fall out is if I touch it too much (which I have a habit of doing). It wings my lashes out perfectly to the outer corners making them look full from root to tip. It really opens up my eyes. I LOVE this mascara!! (And the packaging is super cute!)

on 2/7/2014 7:48:00 PM

Hooooly shit. I was a die hard Clump Crusher fanatic until I tried this marcara and it's incredible. It lengthens, volumizes and stays on all day. I love it.