L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

MAYBE the best mascara i have ever used!! I have a medium length and small volume for my lashes. my mom bought something in sephora and gave me the medium size of this (it was a sample) and when i first saw it, I was like wth is with the mascara bottle? Anyways, I used this on my plain lashes and it was pretty awesome because it coats every hair on your eyelashes! Some of it though was sticking to each other so i had to use the small eyelash comb. Then i experimented with my other eyelash and curled it then combed it and finally put it on. My lashes were beautiful!! IT IS PROBABLY THE BEST MASCARA EVER!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Overall - the best drugstore mascara I've tried, and I've tried a lot.
Plus - my eyelashes suck. They're so bad... thin, straight, and uncooperative with most mascaras. So keep that in mind ...

PROS:
1. Makes eyelashes look very long and thinner at the end, very Disney-princess-y.

2. Holds curl well.

3. Doesn't feel tough - feels natural and soft.

CONS:
1. Can flake if you put in on your lower lashes, but overall it's fine.

2. Packaging is cute and since it's so reflective it's easy to find in a makeup bag!

on 3/20/2014 11:30:00 PM

The smell is bad... its just a bad mascara smell but a little much. My first impression was that this sucked haa it gave kinda showed a wet formula to the lashes which is kinda clumpy. But after a few weeks retried it and it awesome. Lashes are defiantly longer and and on a scale a little over medium for volume but however the lashes don't really look that full for that butterfly effect... The packaging is great i love it overall i would recommend to try it out you might like it u might hate it depends on your lashes I think.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I had needed a new mascara for a while and had seen this one in Project Runway and wanted to try it! Over all its a good mascara the unique brush is great for top lashes but sometimes difficult for applying on our bottom lashes. Another con is its kinda clumpy! But it works sooo well! Don't believe me? Go out and try it yourself!

The brush is really cool. The mascara glides on smoothly and it isn't clumpy. I have long lashes and it adds a nice flare. It is really natural with one brush. I would definitely buy this again.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the best mascara at the drugstore by leaps and bounds. I've always preferred high end mascaras to mascaras at the drugstore because they seem to give my lashes more oomph but dry out too last for my liking so if I can find something at the drugstore that works, I like to get it instead. This mascara performs very similarly to high end mascaras when it comes to oomph factor. It is excellent at volumizing, lenghthening and curling but not the best at separating....it isn't a clumpy mascara by any means but it definitely isn't going to give perfect, clean separation. The mascara is a wetter formula so I find that if you apply it without an eyelash curler, it can make your lashes quite straight but when used with an eyelash curler, will make your lashes very curler. This mascara will definitely give you that doll lash effect that everyone wants with a few quick coats (I don't have to spend hours fiddling with my lashes to make them look perfect). I've had this mascara for about 3 months now and it has yet to dry out and drying out seems to be my number one problem when it comes to mascara. My only suggestion with this mascara would be to get waterproof if you have problems with smudging and transferring because after a few hours, it will start to transfer if I have applied it on my lower lashes. Overall, I really enjoy this product and would recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

At first, I wasn't a fan of this mascara, but once I figured out the brush, it is actually a pretty good mascara. Better than benefit's "they're real" in my opinion.

on 2/24/2014 9:07:00 PM

I had been meaning to try out this mascara for awhile, especially after seeing all the hype for it. I was very disappointed. It smelled awful, I'm not in the habit of smelling my mascaras but I just couldn't escape the scent. I hated the brush, which was the whole point of the product. If I was using the longer end of the brush on the outer corner lashes then I only got mascara on half my eyelashes. When I went to put mascara on the other half of my lashes the longer end was in the middle of my lashes, which defeated the whole point. The formula was too thick and didn't seem black, more of a charcoal gray. By the end of the day I had mascara all over my eyelids, as apparently it liked to smear. The one thing I will say is that it did make my lashes longer. But plenty of mascaras do that.

on 2/21/2014 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I recently bought this mascara after seeing all the commercials... it really did give me butterfly lashes! Very easy to apply, it wasn't messy at all, though the formula is on the wetter side. My lashes are average length, and sparse in some areas, but this mascara gave me great volume, and my lashes almost touched my eyebrows! It gave me the coveted "disney princess" look. The only thing I wish is that it thickened a bit more.
At the end of a humid day, my lashes stayed as tall as they were this morning. It also came off very easily with soap and water (unlike my megaplush!). If the formula stays this way, I'll surely repurchase :)

on 2/19/2014 2:17:00 PM

By FAR my favorite mascara. I don't have to use an eyelash curler (but sometimes I do if I feel like it). It doesn't smudge and the only time I get fall out is if I touch it too much (which I have a habit of doing). It wings my lashes out perfectly to the outer corners making them look full from root to tip. It really opens up my eyes. I LOVE this mascara!! (And the packaging is super cute!)