L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.8

on 6/12/2014 2:08:00 PM

Overall, I LOVE this mascara!! It really volumizes and separates my lashes amazingly!! However, it doesn't really give my eyelashes the "butterfly" look.. But I would for sure buy this mascara again!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was very impressed with this mascara I thought it was just going to like any other mascara , but it gave my lashes the 'butterfly look' , nice volumized and lengthened lashes!

on 6/8/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Well what can I say I love this mascara it lengthens my lashes to the point it almost touches my eyebrows which is great for me it also gives me the "butterfly" effect if I focus it on the ends of my lashes which is great but one com for me about this mascara is that it flakes for me throughout the day which I have never experienced with a mascara but then again the packaging is cute and I totally love this mascara and it works great for bottom lashes

One of the best mascaras I have tried, the packaging looks elegant, the formula is great and the wand gives me a lot of volume and length.

on 5/31/2014 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was a little hesitant about buying this mascara, since I had seen some bad reviews. However, upon obtaining a $3 off coupon, I decided to go for it. I got the waterproof version in Blackest Black. The brush is very different from other brushes. Its plastic bristled are placed shorter to longer, but it is barely noticeable. There are two rows that stand out longer than the rest, and that is the side I use to apply the mascara. I have short and straight Asian lashes, and when I apply mascara I always curl my lashes. This mascara effectively held the curl, and it lasted all day until I took it off about nine hours later after my day. No flaking had occurred, but minimal smudging did. Now about what it did for my lashes, I was amazed. Unlike some of the other reviews I've seen, my results were different. It gave my lashes length and volume, and I could indeed see a little bit of a winged out effect. It does not clump on my lashes, and is super light. I think this surpasses my long time favorite mascara, the Colossal.

All I can say is I LOVE this mascara. I'm a contact lenses wearer, one of the main reasons why I bought it. My lashes are already curled and pretty long so I think that's the reason why it doesn't weight my lashes down, instead it curls them more. It's not clumpy and it does separate my lashes. The way the wand is designed does take a little time to get used to but it's not that difficult either. I love how the wand gets my outer lashes too. It can last all day and it doesn't flake much until like 9 hours after wearing it. I think it's fair enough lol. I would definitely recommend this mascara to anyone.

on 5/3/2014 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favourite mascara (at the moment). I have short lashes, so it's difficult to find a good mascara that works well. I love this mascara because I only put on 2 coats. This is awesome because I use to use 3-4 with my other mascara. The brush is cool when you first try it, but then when you get to the other eye, you either have to use your opposite hand, or flip the hand you usually use. The packaging is super pretty, and I have not had any flaking (it might be because I have the water proof formula). Over all, I love this, mascara

on 4/24/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging for this is absolutely pretty. I also found the brush to be quite interesting as well. The brush has two little "wings" and I think it's really unique. I actually bought it because I like my eyelashes to be longer as I go towards the outer corners of my eyes and when I saw that this mascara claimed that it could do that, I bought it right away. At first, I hated it because I used the side that has short bristles then gradually has the wings. At that time, I was not happy because it didn't give me the butterfly look and I was really disappointed. It also weighed down my eyelashes. I was so devastated. Then I tried a different technique. For the first coat, I used the side with all the short bristles and then to make my lashes towards the outer corner of my eye longer, I switched to the side of the brush with the wings and used only the longer bristles to lengthen my outer lashes. The wings actually make it quite easy to apply mascara to my outer lashes. Even with the new technique, it still weighed down my eyelashes. So I used Maybelline Rocket mascara to help lift my lashes with the rolling pin technique. It helped a bit. :) So all-in-all, it's a good mascara but not really VERY VERY HG GOOD. It lengthens very well, it truly gives the butterfly look it claims(using my technique), doesn't smudge, flake or clump. I just wish it didn't weigh down my eyelashes so that I could call this my HG mascara. :( I would still buy it though.

on 4/21/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is an okay mascara. It does the job of giving my eyelashes volume but after an hour or so, it flakes and smudges under my eye. And after two coats or so, my lashes start to get test 'spidery' look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this mascara because I thought it had a cool wand and I wanted to give it a try. This mascara has a very wet formula. Since I have very fine lashes this ended up just making them clumpy. Generally I go for the more defined lashes look. I also had problems with this mascara flaking off throughout the day. I love the length and volume it added, but since it was too hard to work with I wouldn't repurchase.