L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

4.2

on 5/3/2014 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favourite mascara (at the moment). I have short lashes, so it's difficult to find a good mascara that works well. I love this mascara because I only put on 2 coats. This is awesome because I use to use 3-4 with my other mascara. The brush is cool when you first try it, but then when you get to the other eye, you either have to use your opposite hand, or flip the hand you usually use. The packaging is super pretty, and I have not had any flaking (it might be because I have the water proof formula). Over all, I love this, mascara

on 4/24/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging for this is absolutely pretty. I also found the brush to be quite interesting as well. The brush has two little "wings" and I think it's really unique. I actually bought it because I like my eyelashes to be longer as I go towards the outer corners of my eyes and when I saw that this mascara claimed that it could do that, I bought it right away. At first, I hated it because I used the side that has short bristles then gradually has the wings. At that time, I was not happy because it didn't give me the butterfly look and I was really disappointed. It also weighed down my eyelashes. I was so devastated. Then I tried a different technique. For the first coat, I used the side with all the short bristles and then to make my lashes towards the outer corner of my eye longer, I switched to the side of the brush with the wings and used only the longer bristles to lengthen my outer lashes. The wings actually make it quite easy to apply mascara to my outer lashes. Even with the new technique, it still weighed down my eyelashes. So I used Maybelline Rocket mascara to help lift my lashes with the rolling pin technique. It helped a bit. :) So all-in-all, it's a good mascara but not really VERY VERY HG GOOD. It lengthens very well, it truly gives the butterfly look it claims(using my technique), doesn't smudge, flake or clump. I just wish it didn't weigh down my eyelashes so that I could call this my HG mascara. :( I would still buy it though.

on 3/20/2014 11:30:00 PM

The smell is bad... its just a bad mascara smell but a little much. My first impression was that this sucked haa it gave kinda showed a wet formula to the lashes which is kinda clumpy. But after a few weeks retried it and it awesome. Lashes are defiantly longer and and on a scale a little over medium for volume but however the lashes don't really look that full for that butterfly effect... The packaging is great i love it overall i would recommend to try it out you might like it u might hate it depends on your lashes I think.

The brush is really cool. The mascara glides on smoothly and it isn't clumpy. I have long lashes and it adds a nice flare. It is really natural with one brush. I would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

At first, I wasn't a fan of this mascara, but once I figured out the brush, it is actually a pretty good mascara. Better than benefit's "they're real" in my opinion.

on 2/7/2014 7:48:00 PM

Hooooly shit. I was a die hard Clump Crusher fanatic until I tried this marcara and it's incredible. It lengthens, volumizes and stays on all day. I love it.

This is the holy grain of mascara. I love this product so much. It almost look like in wearing fake lashes! This mascara I bought at walmart for $10...a little more expensive compared to some other mascara's I purchased but it was totally worth the money. It my lashes look longer and fuller. This will be my number one mascara from now on. Absolutely love it!

I have grown to like loreal mascara and I was in need of a new mascara. I saw this one and decided to give it a try. This mascara did not work for me-using this mascara by itself creates the worst spider lashes you can imagine. Instead of separating my lashes, my lashes formed triangles so it appeared as if I had only 7 eyelashes. Trying to separate them with a comb was impossible. However, using this mascara ontop of another one did work out quite nicely. In short, I don't think this mascara is worth your money. I like the million lash mascara more. I have shorter, fine lashes and I'm looking for volume and thickness, this mascara didn't give it to me.

on 12/14/2013 7:53:00 PM

I'm really disappointed in this mascara. I've heard so many YouTube beauty gurus rave about it so I figured this was going to be a really good mascara. Boy was I wrong! The brush was definitely unique but the formula was on the really wet so it got spidery super quickly. On the second coat, my lashes had clumped together making it look like i had 5-7 lashes in total. There is also a lot of mascara on the brush so you need to scrape it off but it was still a hot mess. I just absolutely hate this mascara and I will never repurchase it.