Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

on 3/28/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I prefer to use more natural products, and I usually love bb/cc creams, so I was excited when Yes To came out with this product. However, I was very disappointed when I tried it. I'm not super sensitive to smells, however I was not a big fan of the scent. The color (light) was a bit orange for me. It was a little moisturizing, but I would prefer more because I have dry skin. The consistency was very watery and hard to blend. It also gave no coverage. Overall, I would definitely not repurchase because it did not cover, smelled bad and didn't moisturize particularly well.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

i wanted to love this so badly. the consistency? great! the feel on my skin? great! the sheer coverage (which really means no coverage). pretty good. the price, excellent. the SMELL? awful!!

i was all excited by this thinking o.k., the smell will dissipate in a few minutes. NOT! the smell lasted over 2 ours so i kept smelling it consistently and it's NOT a nice grapefruit, or pleasant floral smell. it's a chemical smell (akin to how self-tanners often smell) and it just never went away.

sadly, there's NO WAY i'm going to wear this all day and smell the odor all day.

had to return it, sadly.

if YOU can tolerate the smell and you want something wonderfully moisturizing and sheer without being oily, this is great...

good luck!

on 11/30/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like a lot of Yes To products, so I was excited to try this. But unfortunately, it's a failure. The coverage is nonexistent, it feels oily, and it made me break out. I never break out except during my ToTM, so I know it was this. The only upside is the sturdy, hygienic packaging.

on 11/21/2013 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

After using Yes To's body butter, face wipes, and daily moisturizer, I was really excited to try their CC cream as an alternative to heavy foundation.

I read the rave reviews on this product on the website (which should have been a red flag), but I bought this anyway.

Right when you open it, the smell hits you in the face. As the name suggests, you might think it would smell like grapefruit, right? Wrong. It's this sickly-sweet smell that literally burns the back of my throat and makes me think of the berry-scented stuff that little girls use. Not only was that a turn-off, because, well, it literally burned my eyes and throat, but also -- what would something that smells that potent feel like on my face?

So, I applied it anyway and managed to get past the smell.

The next thing you run into is the texture, which brought to mind an incredibly watery smoothie. It's runny and doesn't really go on well because of that. I tried applying it with my fingers initially, but that really did nothing but move it around, so I moved onto my foundation brush, which just streaked up my face. I tried using my beauty blender, which proved to only soak up the product (surprise surprise) and so the ONLY method I was able to find that gets the product applied evenly was my stipling brush.

When you put it on, you can definitely feel the tingling that's probably a side-effect to whatever nauseatingly-sweet fragrance they put in it. It's not unbearable, but it reminds me of a pore-shrinking mask, which also isn't a pleasant feeling. As expected, it feels like it's sitting on top of your skin after application. If you don't set it with powder, then it doesn't look dewy, it looks greasy. Even when setting it with powder, I found that, if you don't use a translucent powder, it's going to get cakey really, really fast.

On top of that -- where's the coverage? I wanted something that WASN'T cakey but had little to medium coverage, and this is barely better than a tinted moisturizer -- which I didn't buy for a reason.

In the end, I didn't pay $15 for a CC cream -- I payed $15 for a watery, sickly-sweet concoction of fragrance, greasy lotion, and maybe a dot of pigment waved over it. Garbage! Wouldn't buy again or recommend.

on 10/19/2013 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was really excited when i saw this in store, I wanted to try it out because of the 95% natural claim and the "cc cream" label slapped on it. It claims to correct and even out skin tone, and there are definately face goodies inside, but it does very little for me. It has a sort of creamy but watery texture, like aloe vera gel except not as pleasant. The shades run a little dark and its sort of pinky toned, but super sheer, almost invisible (like no coverage), which is not necessarily bad, but definitely not what it claims (this cc cream doesn't really even out skin tone). In terms of application, i hate how this applies. it feels smooth at first, but you have to go fairly quick or else risk it drying up in little powdery blotches. It does feel a little bit watery, so its not especially heavy on the face, but if you touch it it feels sort of tacky, and like someone mentioned, gummy, no matter how little you apply. As for layering, it will ball up into little clumps or rub off whats already under. (Like when you layer products that dont mix well, the products will clump up). Even on bare skin, no moisturizer or anything, this will ball or the pigment itself will just completely smear away. So, for such a product, yes its natural, yes it has a pump, but you can do much better for the price. I don't recommend this at all.

on 10/11/2013 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The Yes to Grapefruit CC cream claims to do a lot of things. It will moisturize, brighten, protect from the sun with SPF 18, repair your skin, and cover minor flaws. And it's 95% natural. I'm not a fan of putting half a dozen things on my face, so this takes the place of moisturizer and sunscreen. I've even worn it in place of foundation and I practically never go without foundation. Two downsides: smell and color. The smell isn't bad but it lingers. Sometimes it lingers all day and that annoys me. And the color is definitely pink-based. It makes me sad because I have recently decided that I absolutely need yellow-based foundation or else I look awful. Another reviewer claimed that it feels "gummy" and I have noticed it, but it's not enough to be a major annoyance. If they could make this in a warm hue I would repurchase, but until then I will pass it up.

on 10/8/2013 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has to be the worst BB/CC cream that I have tried to date. I received a sample of it from Birchbox (thank God, no real money lost!). The texture is heavy and the smell is horrible. The worst part is that the feel of the cream on my skin is very gummy, even after lots of blending and then setting it with powder. By the end of the day, I still couldn't bear to touch my face because it felt like I could still move the cream around. Putting foundation over it doesn't improve things at all: it make foundations that look great on their own look horrible.

I like a lot of the "Yes to..." brand, but this CC cream is an awful mistake. Save your money. There are many better ones out there, even in the drugstore aisles.