MAC Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous
Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

4.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this color...I MEAN REALLY IN LOVE! According to Temptalia it's, "a cool-toned, fuchsia-plum with a flat, matte finish." To me it's delicate & feminine with just enough pizzazz. The texture is like Velvet...& that's attributed to the fact that I exfoliate & slightly moisturize while applying MAC's lip erase to enhance the product to its fullest.

on 3/14/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I don't get excite about lipstick. I buy colors that I like, but to actually get excited? No. However, I'm excited about this one. When I bought it, I wasn't too sure. I thought I might take it back because it seemed too bright and I didn't like it.

I'm dark skinned so trying to put it on right out the tube does not work for me. I finally put Currant on my entire lips, I then put FOF on, and bam! The color is so pretty and so unique that I whenever I wear it, I can't stop looking at myself.

The only thing I don't like is that matte lipsticks don't look good on my lips so I put a clear gloss on top. I'm glad that they made this perm because this has replaced Rebel as my new fave.

on 3/5/2014 11:57:00 PM

It is just like it's name. Also being MAC lipstick, the quality is awesome. My fav bright lipstick. Will surely repurchase it !

It has been my favorite lipstick in the last months. The color is amazing and unique (people are asking about it all the time!) and its stays on for so long (love the MAC matte finish). You should definitely buy it - if you are able to find it, of course. It's sold out in all the stores in San Francisco/CA.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

How could I e👐ver look at another lipstick again. This is the best lipstick I have ever owned! I wanted it when it first came out but when i went to the store it was sold out. Months later i go to a mac counter for concealer and the lady mentions they got this back I almost jumped for joy. I quickly got it didnt even try it on. Got home and put it on im NW45 so it figured it would be to bright but its perfect I get endless compliments when I wear it. I mean the name completely fits this one of a kind color when you wear it you feel like a doll or model you just feel pretty and i love love love matte lipsticks. Anyways if you have the money make sure to go get this beautiful lipstick!💙💜💚💛💜

Has anyone noticed this is a matte version of Girl About Town the matte makes it a touch darker but yea... I love matte lipstick so totally upset about it but after hunting this color down and stalking Mac's website and counters till I got it I'm a tad miffed. Do I like it yes. Can I feel on my lips yes. Would I but it again.... Yes as much as it drags up applying I love a matte lip and the color is so intense and the stain it leaves after wear is adorbs!!!

on 2/3/2014 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Flat Out Fabulous is a fitting name for this lipstick. I absolutely adore the color, a vibrant cool fuschia with a hint of plum. The closest lipstick I have in my stash would be MAC Quick Sizzle, although Flat Out Fabulous is a touch darker with more purple undertones. This was my first experience with the Retro Matte formula, which has proven to be a workhorse that doesn't quit. Hours after eating and drinking my lips are still perfection. Although the texture is dry, the lipstick does not dry out my lips. It still glides on easily, unlike Ruby Woo. As long as your lips are in decent shape before applying, you are as good as golden. I will continue to purchase this shade as long as MAC decides to keep making it.

on 1/27/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good Lord I love this color. I went by MAC to look at Heroine and the sales rep recommended this instead because of my skin-tone (NW20). She was right wow. This is stunning! It comes off as a bright fuchsia on me, even though its marketed as a bright plum.

It instantly brightened my face and compliments my very dark hair and light skin. I tried Heroine and I was disappointed because I love the color, but on me it just seems way too dark :( The sales rep said this was much better on me and I could wear this through spring and summer. I have it on now lol and just love it.

It's a retro matte formula and is very matte. I don't mind the dry because I can easily wear balm under or over. It lasts so long I am just impressed.five hours now with NO wear. I have eaten, drank, and talked alot (I talk too much lol). It is just as bright and has not moved.

One of the happiest purchases I have made!

on 12/11/2013 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

LOVE this lipstick, on me it's a plummy fushia color. It's matte and it really stays on a long time. I think this color is really unique and different, I absolutely think this color is amazing on all skin tones, but when wearing this lipstick...the darker you are the hotter it looks IMO! So all my tanned lovelies...you NEED this l/s!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just got this at IMATS, it's amazing with red liner (trust me)