SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

3.0

Water Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Triethylhexanoin, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Trehalose, Peg-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Behenic Acid, Alcohol, Carbomer, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Betaine, Fragrance, Silica, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycyl Glycine, Sodium Metabisulfite, Disodium Edta, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Lamium Album Flower Extract, Citrus Junos Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Zingiber Aromaticus Extract, Benzoic Acid.

on 5/27/2014 9:29:00 AM

Doing a review on all 3 products. This is the second line from Shiseido I have tried (I love the Pureness line in summer!!). I got a sample pack from the place I work at (Shoppers Drugmart), tried it for 2 weeks couldn't love it. A month went by (yes I still had product in the bottles using day and night lol), and I saw no difference in my skin except that I was getting little bumps on my forehead. My favourite from this whole line was the cleanser as it cleaned off most of my make up and my skin didn't feel tight (I do have oily skin and usually products leave my skin tight) There's a tie for 2nd best as I kind of liked the moisturizer more than the Softener.. only reason is because I didn't really see a difference in my skin with the Softener than what I noticed with the moisturizer. I did use the Moisturizer both day and night, I do have oily skin and I was fine.. could be because the weather was still cold in Canada. The smell of the products did bug me but it went away throughout the day which was good but I think my skin got a reaction from the perfume. This line is expensive but because I get a discount it was okay but would I rebuy again? Nope. Pureness is still my favourite line from this.

on 3/30/2014 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What a shame. I had used the Skincare range growing up and was looking to return after being on Estee Lauder's Hydrationist for the past 7 years. I received a sample for Myers Sydney and tested it. I thought it might trigger a breakout since it had an overpowering fragrance smell which did not exist in the old Skincare range.

I was right - it broke out in painful cystic pimples the following morning (ouch!) My skin is difficult at the best of times - it is thin, prone to hormonal breakouts caused by coming off Yazmin and it's combination dry so unfortunately, another moisturiser I can't use. While I try to preserve when testing and use it for at least 2 weeks, the amount of damage it managed to do to my skin after only 1 night was enough for me to know this is not the right moisturiser for me.

on 3/6/2014 10:43:00 AM

I received a deluxe sample size of this with my last Sephora order. I'm almost out of my current daytime moisturizer and was hoping I'd like this enough to purchase a full-size. Nope.

It's a lightweight moisturizer that sinks in quickly, doesn't make me feel greasy or break me out, but THE SMELL! It's so heavily fragranced like perfume I just can't take it.

I also don't care for the packaging. The deluxe sample came in a small tube with a large, bulbous screw-on cap. The opening for the product to be dispensed out of is medium sized but I have to tap it on my hand for any product to come out. You can't squeeze the tube because it's hard plastic, so it's not user-friendly at all.

on 3/2/2014 5:02:00 PM

After running out of my HG moisturizer (Vivite Replenish) which is only available online, I needed something to tide me over until a replacement arrived in the mail. I used Shiseido the Skincare Daytime moisturizer several years ago, and remembered it as being lightweight and safe for my oily and acne-prone skin. The rep at the beauty supply store said the Skincare line had been replaced with Ibuki, which she claimed I would love. I hated it. Not only is the scent incredibly heavy and sickly sweet, I began breaking out within a few days. The only thing that I liked was the texture, which is silky and absorbed easily into my skin. The hydration level is medium, so if you have combination skin and don't mind the fragrance, this might work for you. As soon as my Vivite arrived, I threw the Ibuki moisturizer away with a pang for the waste of money...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like the effect of the lotion. At first I used too much, but once I reduced the quantity it was good. It absorbs quickly and my skin feels good right through the day.

But , the scent is awful. It smells like old lady, and I find it very bothersome. Based on the overwhelming scent, I returned the bottle to the store.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in a try me kit for the Ibuki line. This moisturizer works very well with the softener but not alone. It is VERY fragranced and my skin is sensitive to fragrances but this didn't bother it. I really like this combination, but did not care for the ibuki cleanser. I would suggest the shiseido facial whip over it. This might be too shiny for oily skin, but does work well for dry and mature skin types.

This whole line has really dramatically cleared all my acne up! I'm not someone who's suffered with acne. I didn't get real "acne" until I turned 19 and it all went down hill from there! My skin got horrible! But I bought the sample size of this whole line for 25 dollars from sephora and it included the cleaner, softener, and this moisturizer! I've already went back and purchased full sized products because I can see a difference not only in appearance as we'll as the texture of my skin! I'm someone who suffers from dramatically dry skin tho and I don't have any problems and people I know who have super slippery oily skin and the absolutely love it as we'll! I should also say that I put the cleanser on my face with the Boscai sponge! Check it out.. This skin care line& that tool has defiantly made me feel a lot more confident in my skin!

on 1/1/2014 7:16:00 AM

I love Shiseido and have been using the Skincare line for over a decade..... I ran out of moisturizer and went to Nordstrom's to get more and find out that they are replacing the Skincare line with the Ibuki line. I immediately panic because I love the Skincare line. So I decided to try the Ibuki refining moisturizer and the other one that has the SPF in it. I hate this moisturizer!! It is very runny. It feels like it's sitting on top of your skin instead of soaking into your skin. Then I feel oily. (I have combo skin and I'm sensitive). I will be returning this item.

on 12/29/2013 7:22:00 PM

This product is supposed to be for oily/combo skin, and at first it looks like that because texture is really light, but it actually makes your skin more oily and all the imperfections are much more visible.
It didn't make me break out or do any harm to my skin but it didn't help either - it made my skin look worse than if I don't put anything on my face.
Scent is nice and flowery but very artificial, which doesn't surprise me because you can't really call this a natural product. It is not too strong and it's pleasant but it doesn't last long, after about half an hour you can't really feel the smell anymore, which is good for those people who don't like scented moisturizers.
I expected much more from such an expensive product...but this is worse than most of cheap drugstore products. Ingredients list is also far from impressive. I only tried one 7ml sample which lasted me around two weeks and I couldn't wait to finish it. I'd never purchase this product because it's one of the worst things I've ever put on my face.

on 12/26/2013 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a loyal fan of Shiseido The Skincare range, but I decided to try the Ibuki range.
Too fragrant, and I don't think this range hydrates my skin as well as The Skincare range. I will not repurchase and will definitely stick to The Skincare.