NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

3.4

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

I love pretty much everything I've tried by NYX. I spray this right after I put my foundation on and then again after my powder if I want a really matte look. I have really oily skin and my makeup usually is sliding off by the middle of the day. But this really does keep your makeup looking fresh all day

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This setting spray is superb. Not only is it good value for money, it actually works! I apply it over my foundation, then again after I've added powder/blush etc and my make up lasts me a good 14 hours. Macs Prep and Prime spray turned me very oily after 1 hour and is double the price! The only negative is its often sold out on the UK website, so I order quite a few at a time.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first matte setting spray, so I don't have anything to compare, but based on my experience thus far, I'm a fan. My skin is oily so I tend to use foundations with a matte finish, however, even with the most matte foundations, I still have issues with shine by the afternoon. Enter NYX Matte Setting Spray and man, all problems solved! My foundation is pretty much set until I wash it off. That said, it's not "stuck" in place - if I touch my face, I have found remnants of foundation on my fingers. Overall, though, it does a great job.

The scent is minimal, the mist is fine and it sprays evenly. It dries quick and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I really like this and can see myself purchasing again because the price point cannot be beat!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Bought it while waiting for my HG spray Skindinavia to arrive. I went for NYX because it’s cheaper than UD. I usually don’t go for matte, but it was the only option left at my local London Drugs.

My Skindinavia order ended up arrive way later than expected, but I wasn’t concerned. NYX spray had exceeded my expectation in many aspects.

Pros
Best spray mechanism. It produces finer mist than UD or Skindinavia.
It gives a matte finish, I mean very matte. My face stays matte 12 hours later (I have dry skin, but imagine that it would work well for oily gals too).
While being matte, it doesn’t make me look flat or dull. My skin looks and feels velvety.

Now, the cons
While the mist is finer, it takes a long time for the product to sink into the skin. It just sits on top of my skin for almost a minute. I found that weird. After a minute, everything is well absorbed and it looks great. I usually give my face a quick dust of MUFE HD Powder just in case to make sure that my face is completely dry.

Another quirk is my face always feels a bit tight after putting it on, maybe because it’s so matte. The feeling lasts for a couple of hours, not a big deal.

Tip: You have to make sure that your makeup is all good before spraying it. Once you put it on, it sets your makeup solid, so trying to fix your makeup after that will be next to impossible. It will not budge and any makeup that you put on top will seem patchy.

Verdict: Although NYX spray will never replace my HG, I will repurchase it for sure because how it makes my makeup looks great and last until the end of day. I like it even better than UD.

I just used this for the first time last night and I have to say I'm so impressed. I used this with the NYX shine killer primer and setting powder (I sound like I'm an endorser for NYX but they were just on sale at CVS I promise lol) and my pretty heavy makeup look lasted all night! I was at a house party and it was very hot and sweaty but my contour and eye makeup stayed on perfectly with no shine! I have combo skin and liquid foundation can break up on me even when I set it. NYX really impressed me with this!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

People!! This is a SETTING spray not a FINISHING spray!! So of course its not.going make your makeup last all day! You use a settting spray for when you use powder (powder foundation or concealer) it helps emulsify the makeup to your face so that it doesnt look cakey! After that you put on a finishing spray! Geesh know how to use makeup before you complain about products!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin so after having issues with every single makeup breaking up on my face into oily messes, I decided to try this along with my nyx powder. I don't feel like it actually makes a difference that my powder can't do alone. One issue I've had with this, but it's my fault, is that if I don't wipe the leftover most off, it tends to make those spots look blotchy. Also, I normally put moisturizer, primer, nyx setting matte powder, foundation, spray. One time I did moisturizer, primer, bb cream, foundation, powder then spray and for some reason it made me look very dry and flakey. I cannot use this with bb cream or it makes me look dry and my face is the most oily mess so I could only imagine what it would do for someone with normal skin. So just remember, powder then foundation, then powder again and NO be cream under or it will dry you out, or at least for me it did. Otherwise, I do use it everyday but I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference overall.

I've been using it for a couple of months now and this is probably one of the best drugstore finishing sprays out there. It definitely makes my makeup last longer. It gives my makeup a nice matte finish. It doesn't last all day but it makes it last longer than if I wasn't putting it on. I would recommend putting it on before and after makeup because it makes it last a little longer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ive been using this spray for about 3 months and I feel like it helps my makeup last longer and it helps control my oily skin.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I feel like this product does help to prolong the life of my makeup during the day. I wish it did a better job because my makeup still comes off rather easily.