NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

3.4

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The first time I tried this I use it to set my makeup so I sprayed some after my makeup's done. But nothing changed, my makeup melts after 3 hours as usual. An then I remember some beauty vloggers used it as a primer. I tried to spray it after I put some concealer and before I put my foundation, and my makeup still stays on. There are still some transfers when I blot my face with tissue throughout the day, but it is still very tolerable. Usually without this product my makeup melts within 3 hours and by the end of the day there's no foundation left on my face. But with this product as a primer there are still foundation visible on my face. The only problem with the packaging is the spray. Its kinda hard to spray my face with this type of spray. I'd prefer the sprays on MAC products or the ones on Avene facial spray.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

It didn't work for me. Complete waste of money

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've tried this out for a long time before writing this review, just to be sure of what it does and how it prolongs my makeup. The answer, I found, is nothing, and it doesn't. Or to be fair, it does one thing, which is take away any powder-y look right after applying makeup, but that's about it. Also, my Lush toners does the same, sans alcohol and with beneficial ingredients. I see no difference whatsoever in how long my makeup stay fresh-looking, and I don't think it keeps me more matte either (I only have a somewhat oily t-zone). Alcohol comes second in the ingredient list, right after aqua, which I can't imagine does you or your skin any good. If it would've been an amazing setting spray I could've maybe lived with it, but as it (again) does virtually nothing, I don't want to put my skin through that unnecessary dose of alcohol. I'll probably use up the bottle, since I always want to avoid throwing stuff away for as long as I can, but I absolutely will not re-purchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Eh, you get what you pay for I suppose... I have oily skin and live in a really humid country, this spray does help to extend makeup wear for maybe an additional 2-3 hours, but it definitely does not keep it on all day. Not bad overall but I'll probably invest in a different product next time.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Did nothing for me. Did not make anything matte and I got oily in just the same amount of time as usual

Just no. I'm not difficult to please or a picky person, this product just straight - up does not work. I would have been better not using any spray. Used twice (maybe the first time was a fluke) and returned it.

I had high hopes as I love some other nyx products I've used, but after trying this and their concealer I'm just going to stick to their eye products from now on. Love the brow products and eyeshadows, this not so much. It didn't extend my makeup, in fact quite the opposite. Made it feel greasy and slide off. Did not have a matte finish or anywhere close.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this and the Shine Killer primer and both products disappointed me so much. Both products - used separately or combined - made my skin oily faster than if I were to use no primer and no setting spray at all. I hate wasting products so I'll try more ways to make it work but for now, I conclude that this product is a waste of money.

This product is a cheap setting spray, and it only increases the staying power of your makeup by a few hours. Even if you set your face with powder, this product does not make a significant difference. I would definitely choose to invest in a more high quality setting spray because a nice spray makes all the difference. I would rather spend $30 on the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting spray than be constantly touching up my makeup throughout the day.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Yeah, so this was a total fail for me. I bought it because it wasn't expensive and I love myself a matte look, so I thought, "Hey, this will be perfect!" This really didn't do anything except make me look shiny and glittery. If you want a REAL setting spray for a reasonable price, go with Ben Nye Final Seal. It actually works and keeps me matte, as opposed to NYX which made me look like a disco ball.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Pretty good not-so-matte-look (kinda dewy but not so plumpy in my opinion). My face is an oil field and my makeup tends to slide off 1-2 hour after application. This spray could hold it for umm, 5..? Not so bad, for me.