NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

3.4

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Did nothing for me. Did not make anything matte and I got oily in just the same amount of time as usual

Just no. I'm not difficult to please or a picky person, this product just straight - up does not work. I would have been better not using any spray. Used twice (maybe the first time was a fluke) and returned it.

I had high hopes as I love some other nyx products I've used, but after trying this and their concealer I'm just going to stick to their eye products from now on. Love the brow products and eyeshadows, this not so much. It didn't extend my makeup, in fact quite the opposite. Made it feel greasy and slide off. Did not have a matte finish or anywhere close.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this and the Shine Killer primer and both products disappointed me so much. Both products - used separately or combined - made my skin oily faster than if I were to use no primer and no setting spray at all. I hate wasting products so I'll try more ways to make it work but for now, I conclude that this product is a waste of money.

This product is a cheap setting spray, and it only increases the staying power of your makeup by a few hours. Even if you set your face with powder, this product does not make a significant difference. I would definitely choose to invest in a more high quality setting spray because a nice spray makes all the difference. I would rather spend $30 on the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting spray than be constantly touching up my makeup throughout the day.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Yeah, so this was a total fail for me. I bought it because it wasn't expensive and I love myself a matte look, so I thought, "Hey, this will be perfect!" This really didn't do anything except make me look shiny and glittery. If you want a REAL setting spray for a reasonable price, go with Ben Nye Final Seal. It actually works and keeps me matte, as opposed to NYX which made me look like a disco ball.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Pretty good not-so-matte-look (kinda dewy but not so plumpy in my opinion). My face is an oil field and my makeup tends to slide off 1-2 hour after application. This spray could hold it for umm, 5..? Not so bad, for me.

Holy grail setting spray! It works a charm. I can definitely tell the difference with how long my makeup stays on when I don't use it.

i dont know how they can say this is a matte finish when in the end my face is looking sooo greasy. Yuck.. this is worse than my other setting spray which supposedly for 'normal' finish.. would never repurchase this, and i'll be giving this to my friends with dry skin..

I really wanted to love this but I di not. I only tried it twice and here are my thoughts. I tried it one day and my skin on my face was dry and later in the day I noticed after I applied the NYX matte setting spray it made my makeup look cakey and cracked. So I used it again I made sure to moisturize my face and I applied primer and my makeup with the NYX matte setting spray and it happened again . I am using my COTY airspun powder today only and I will check in on the results later today. I don't know if I used the NYX matte setting spray wrong but it just did not work for me. It's weird because from far away my makeup looked good but up close a cakey , cracked mess . I might return the NYX setting spray and get the Maybelline one.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this product. As a makeup artist, this is a must have for your daily makeup routine. Spritz a little after your makeup is complete. Its stays put for hours. I use this on set and barely have to touch up. It also gives skin a more hydrated dewy look. Love love love!!!!