NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

3.4

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great setting spray, I like this much more than MAC Fix +. I use not only as a setting spray for my mineral foundation, but also to dampen my foundation and concealer brushes. Works great. Extends wear time slightly on my oily skin. I really notice a difference in the way mineral (powder) makeup performs and looks with this spray. For something like Revlon Colorstay Original (Normal/Oily), you don't need it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The best spray ever!!! I have super oily skin and so makeup lasting more than 2 hours has always been a struggle for me. Until I started using this spray. My makeup stays on all day and there are no smudges at all. I don;t even touch up my makeup throughout the day anymore. Everyone is different,but I spray this 3 times in my hand, apply to my face then do my foundation and then do one round of spritz after my makeup is applied and it works perfectly!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As a person who wears minimal makeup, this was absolutely terrible. Without this product, my makeup will last almost all day. With this setting spray, my makeup will look very cakey and as if it's melting off within three hours after applying.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This didn't really mattify my face or did anything unique

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! I use a setting spray daily, and I prefer a semi-matte look. I'm in north Texas, where it is very hot & humid, so sometimes that's a struggle. This spray keeps my makeup looking fresh & matte. I have normal to slightly dry skin, and I do touch up with powder several times throughout the day. But this definitely makes a difference. I find I have to touch-up much less often, and my makeup looks better, fresher, and more matte, at the end of the day. Now, if you have oily skin, then you obviously you aren't going to be able to spray this at 8 AM and work until 6 PM with no touch-ups & still be flawlessly matte. This isn't going to put a solid matte finish on a dewy-finish foundation that isn't set with powder, either. This is not sold as an oil control spray. It appears to me that a lot of the negative reviews on this product are due to unrealistic expectations. I normally use MAC Fix+, but this is definitely more matte. Tip: If you really want a matte finish, use this as you would the Smashbox Primer Water - mist this all over your face before your apply your liquid foundation. Then do a second "coat" at the end, as a finishing/setting spray. I learned this from a MAC makeup artist & it works very well with just about any setting spray.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

definitely not intended for long wear because I'm all shin by lunch time

Love this product!! I have oily/combination skin and can find it hard to find products that don't make me shiny after a few hours. This definitely does the job! I use it with my smashbox Studio skin foundation and ELF HD ready loose powder. My makeup stays in place all day! Even after working a 12 hour night shift my make-up looks as good as when I put it on. Will definitely purchase again

I'm obsessed! The first day I wore this it flooded here in Texas, and I walked out of my car and stepped four feet into my house and was drenched. However, my makeup had NOT moved! After 10 hours of application my makeup-- even my eyebrows, were the exact same was as when I had first applied it. For $8 at Charlotte Russe it's probably the best purchase I ever made. Buy this!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so so glad I found this product!!! I have been changing foundation almost every week for the past year, trying to find something that will last all day, but nothing would stay put on my oily face for longer than 4 hours. After so many hours of searching reviews and so much money spent on different products, I came across this setting spray, and now it doesn't matter what foundation I use- it stays in place for hours with this baby. Still need to touch up mid-afternoon at work, but much better than it was before.
P.s I usually put on my foundation, spray, put on powder, then spray again. Also, need to spray LOTS, I find 2 -3 sprays just doesn't cut it!!

Edit: Fast forward 3 months and this no longer does it for me sadly. Barely extends my makeup 1 hour. Luckily I've moved onto Victoria's Secret Make it Last Prime & Set Spray and that is so far working a treat :)