NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

3.4

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I very much dislike this product. I bought this because I wanted a cheaper alternative to the Urban Decay Setting Spray. I am usually a huge lover of anything NYX comes up with, but this product is not my favorite. I started having a slight oily skin problem, so I bought this product to help me out and so I wasn't spending all my money on UD. This product does nothing for me! I'll spray it and it's fine for maybe 5 mins and then as soon as I start doing things the oils come creeping back. My makeup lasts without the spray, I've never had that problem. But I wanted it to last just that much more, this product doesn't help with that. I would much rather stay with my MAC Fix+ for right now. The spray is just another useless product on my face. I'm going to finish this product and then purchase the Urab Decay De-Slick Setting Spray (which works wonders!! My makeup does not move and it really mattes out my face!!)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this hoping it would combat my oiliness or at least keep my face matte for a bit longer, it doesn't do anything for oil control at all. In the UK it costs roughly 11 and it's not worth the price at all. There is quite a strong alcohol smell.

The only thing I like about it is that it reduces the cakey look and gets rid of the grey cast after setting the make up with powder.

I think this is probably best for people with dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this as a replacement to my UD De slick spray although it's about the same price, but I'd heard good things about it and wanted to try. After I use this bottle I'll be going back to UD because: the mist is finer so there aren't big drops of the product on my face, it lasts longer and really makes my makeup more matte, and it doesn't burn or have a harsh scent. This one works okay, but I'd rather spend just a tiny bit extra and get a better product.

This product isn't super great but isn't bad either. I find this helps my face look shine free just a tad bit longer. It's nice when your foundation looks kind of cakey, because this freshens it up. Price is cheap. Might not buy this again though because I'm normally not a set spray type of person. I just bought this to try after owning UD de-slick setting spray...which I barely used either lol.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is okay product. Not amazing or anything. Except I would choose the dewy finish spray over this. Or even the loreal one,

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great setting spray, I like this much more than MAC Fix +. I use not only as a setting spray for my mineral foundation, but also to dampen my foundation and concealer brushes. Works great. Extends wear time slightly on my oily skin. I really notice a difference in the way mineral (powder) makeup performs and looks with this spray. For something like Revlon Colorstay Original (Normal/Oily), you don't need it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The best spray ever!!! I have super oily skin and so makeup lasting more than 2 hours has always been a struggle for me. Until I started using this spray. My makeup stays on all day and there are no smudges at all. I don;t even touch up my makeup throughout the day anymore. Everyone is different,but I spray this 3 times in my hand, apply to my face then do my foundation and then do one round of spritz after my makeup is applied and it works perfectly!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As a person who wears minimal makeup, this was absolutely terrible. Without this product, my makeup will last almost all day. With this setting spray, my makeup will look very cakey and as if it's melting off within three hours after applying.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This didn't really mattify my face or did anything unique

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! I use a setting spray daily, and I prefer a semi-matte look. I'm in north Texas, where it is very hot & humid, so sometimes that's a struggle. This spray keeps my makeup looking fresh & matte. I have normal to slightly dry skin, and I do touch up with powder several times throughout the day. But this definitely makes a difference. I find I have to touch-up much less often, and my makeup looks better, fresher, and more matte, at the end of the day. Now, if you have oily skin, then you obviously you aren't going to be able to spray this at 8 AM and work until 6 PM with no touch-ups & still be flawlessly matte. This isn't going to put a solid matte finish on a dewy-finish foundation that isn't set with powder, either. This is not sold as an oil control spray. It appears to me that a lot of the negative reviews on this product are due to unrealistic expectations. I normally use MAC Fix+, but this is definitely more matte. Tip: If you really want a matte finish, use this as you would the Smashbox Primer Water - mist this all over your face before your apply your liquid foundation. Then do a second "coat" at the end, as a finishing/setting spray. I learned this from a MAC makeup artist & it works very well with just about any setting spray.