benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel
Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

4.1

on 9/13/2016 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Such a pricey little thing. I used to hesitate before I decided to purchase this little baby. But I decided to give it a go. I mean like yolo. And I'm so glad I did!!! it make my ghostly face looks more defined. it makes my brows look fuller and like as if it already got a lot of hair going on there. This is like me finally finding a true love. And for a very tiny packaging, it almost lasts me a year (I don't know whether I'm allowed to keep it that long though)

on 9/5/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this stuff! My brows are really blonde towards the centre of my face and I hate filling them in with powders or pencils as it makes them slightly too harsh for my liking. This just coats and elongates the hairs so they look natural and my brows look so full and pretty!
I've been trying drug store alternatives, since the price of this is a bit excessive for such a tiny product, but I'm yet to find anything that can compete with this. To be fair, I probably only have to repurchase this 3/4 times a year and I use it daily, so overall it's not a huge cost for easy peasy brows that I love :)
Holy grail status!

on 9/1/2016 9:37:00 PM

How is Benefit still not cruelty free??????? I think this is a genius product and like it, but will not repurchase (got as gift) and support animal testing companies.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

This wonderful product is back on the shelves, as of 2018, and still is as excellent as ever. I still find shade #5 to be perfect, that hasn't changed.
What I am doing a bit differently is to use Chanel Les Sourcis powder over the silver hairs I want to temporarily cover, and then use the Gimme Brow on top - it seems to make it adhere better. 5 stars still!
URGENT ALERT: 2017 This product has been voluntarily recalled by BeneFit cosmetics (this alert is posted on the FDA and Health Canada websites, so you know it is genuine). The product has been recalled from stores, which is why you can't get it anymore. My understanding is that some batches were contaminated, and although they are perfectly fine to use on eyebrows, there is however a danger if the product is misused on the eyelashes, where there could be a risk of infecting the eye if it were to be accidentally scratched.
Kudos to BeneFit for the voluntary recall; they have a website where you can get reimbursement of your purchase. No mention of the affected lot numbers, though.

I've always had nearly black eyebrows, so all I needed to do was tweeze them underneath to get rid of a few strays.
Now I'm over 65, and a few random white hairs are appearing within the brows, but I don't want to pluck them...Perfect solution: Gimme Brows in Deep (shade #5), which has a little tiny fairy wand to deposit just the right amount of pigment onto the brows. One swipe and I'm done. If by any chance, my hand wavers a bit and I accidentally get the pigment onto my skin, it's easily removed with a Q tip, and a bit of water or micellar, and I'm off.....
BTW Does not flake off or irritate in any way. Holy grail for me!

I love this product! It sets the eyebrows in place all day and adds thickness to the hairs. You have to kind of wiggle it so it tints your skin as well. It looks really natural in my opinion and you can fluff it out with a spoolie if it's too dramatic for you!

on 8/23/2016 2:36:00 PM

I like this product BUT only the way I've been using it recently: I use it over my Anastasia brow pencil to get the right shade (which, in my case is Soft Brown.) The lighter shade was too light and the darker too dark. I do have fairly sparse browns so I liked the thickening effect, just not the color So I fill in with the pencil, wipe off the Gimme Brow brush pretty well on a tissue and then sweep up & smooth slightly, blend with a spoolie. It sounds like a lot but is actually pretty quick & they look natural and younger.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this product. I have fair hair and skin (blonde hair, eyebrows and lashes - and blue eyes). All my life I have wished for more defined brows. I've tried several Bobbi Brown products (Taupe eye shadow applied with a brow brush, and also their brow mascara), and I've been somewhat satisfied with the Chanel blonde brow pencil, which darkened them ever so slightly. But this product is THE BEST.

The color is perfect (dark blonde) and it goes on so naturally. It tints my brows in a way that is "my brows but better" and gives definition to my face. I'm so happy with the sample I got through a subscription service that I promptly bought it. SO HAPPY!

on 8/11/2016 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I never thought that such a little thing would bring me so much joy.

Yeah the colour range isn't super but you'll probably settle for it anyways. It's just so easy to love and so easy to use. Brows stay in place all day. When my brows are fresh I don't even use any pomade or pencil, just shape them with gimme brow.

It feels like this product lasts forever, and when it's all finished up and dry, the brush in it (as you may have seen somewhere on Insta) is totally bomb for trimming up your eyebrows, You can even keep the brush and use it with hairspray to tame your brows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't really like this product, only because the shade range is so small. I got the shade medium/deep, since it was the darkest, but on my hair (black hair) the colour looks ashy and grey. I do enjoy how it made my brows look fuller without to much work, but the colour does not work for black hair/brows.

Cannot say enough great things about this brow gel! I have very light eye brows and use color 01 which makes my brows look so natural and thoroughly fills them in with a natural look. I love that it is buildable coverage so that I can wear it during the day and at night time. The brush is really easy to use and has a precise shape for blending and shaping.