benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

Filtered by eye Color : Green
benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel
Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

4.3

on 5/26/2015 9:30:00 PM

I love thick brows.
I've been looking for a product that would look natural and enhance thickness. This product does this. The brows stay in place all day.
Sadly, the tube dries out far too quickly, making this product too expensive to replace so quickly.

I'm looking for a better alternative that does not dry out.
Any suggestions?

PROS: Great colour for dark brows. Good hold
CONS: Expensive. Dries out far too quickly.
PRICE: $28.00

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has become my HG product for my brows! I tried everything from powders to pomades to pencils before finding this gem. I have very light brown yet my hair is dark brown. This works perfectly for my brows. It fills in sparse areas, adds color and maintains a natural look. My main problem before was that my brows looked to made up and I absolutely hated the "instagram brow" look. I also used to spend a ton of time on my brows but not anymore! The only downside is the price for the amount of product you get. I'll be a lifelong customer from now on.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

EDIT:

My original review was written a few years ago and was from before Benefits brow relaunching thing. It seems like they've changed the formula and it's now a lot more liquid-y and I'm not sure if it even has the little fibers in it anymore.....so it kinda sucks now if you ask me. I've tried similar products from maybelline and l'oreal, and I'd say those are just as good as this new formula for gimme brows, except I still like the gimme brow brush better. I don't think I'll be repurchasing once my current tube runs out which is a huge bummer cause I was a fan of this product.

This stuff is unreal. My brows are both pretty light coloured and extremely sparse so I was filling them in with a pencil everyday, and as much as I love that look it took waaaayyy too much time. I hated having to decide between good brows or putting a lot less time and effort into my makeup everyday. Now I can have my cake and eat it too! Gimme brow is a creamy/gelly eyebrow tint that has little fibers in it to volumize the brows. When I first heard of it I thought it would only work for people who already had nice eyebrows or for holding them in place once you've filled them in. I was wrong! It takes a little getting used to, but once you perfect it, this stuff is a real game changer. I will apply 2-3 thin coats over my brows, brushing the skin under the hair a bit to apply the colour a bit more. It really does make my eyebrows look naturally thicker, you wouldn't be able to tell that I had any product on unless you looked really closelyThe lasting power is really good too. I fell asleep with this stuff on the other night and I brows look almost as good as the night before. This is perfect for anyone who is strapped for time in the morning but doesn't want to go without their brows on! I haven't been able to test if it is waterproof. That'll be my next step as I work outside during the summer and have to deal with sweat and water on a regular basis. I only give it 4 stars because I wish it had more fibres in it. I really don't notice the fibres right now, and I feel like if there were more I could get away with one coat instead of 2-3.

on 3/8/2015 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference: NW/NC25, neutral to warm skin tone, sensitive skin with broken capillaries on cheeks, combination skin (slightly oily t-zone). Medium to dark brown hair. Green eyes.

My eyebrows have a few tiny bald spots. A few bad professional brow jobs, a bit of self over plucking. I use medium/deep in this product. It adds richness to my brows but is definitely not overly dark (ie doesn't turn black). You need to be careful how much you apply as it can be goopy looking. Sometimes I rub the tip on a Kleenex to take extra product off. I often apply a brow powder first to fill in the few tiny bald spots and apply this gel lightly over my entire brow. This alone does not cover my tiny bald spots. Overall I'm very impressed with this product. I would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this stuff. It's become my new go-to for my brows. It works much better for me than powders because it doesn't take nearly as long to apply, and it's easier to make your brows the same shape size with the applicator than it is with a brow brush. I have this in medium/deep, and it's perfect for my (almost) black brows. It stays on all day, and it comes off super easily with soap and water. Best of it, it looks natural. No red tint! Love, love, love. I just wish there were a bit more in the package!

on 2/16/2015 3:23:00 AM

Like everyone else, I love this. I am already quite happy with my brows and only want a hint of tint and something to keep them in place and Gimme Brow kills these two birds with one stone.
I have light brown hair and the light shade works great on me, it's so fast and easy to apply, does not dry crunchy...if it wasn't for the steep price, I would give it 5 stars.

on 1/12/2015 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super thick eyebrows already and this product just left clumps until I used a spooly to brush them out. Feel like it didn't make a difference.

on 11/29/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Wow!! Love this stuff!! I have pretty good brows but I have a few sparse areas and this stuff makes my brows look GREAT! And it's so easy to use! I still have to fill in a bit closer to the inner brow because I have very few hairs but that's okay. It sticks to the hairs that exist, looks natural and lasts all day! I love it. I use this every day now and love that it only takes like 1 min or less to do my brows. Awesome. I use the blonde color and it matches well.

on 11/23/2014 10:42:00 AM

I have light brown brows, and they are quite thick. I purchased this in light-medium, thinking it would be a quick one-step substitute for filling in my brows and then using a brow mascara to help keep them in place. Unfortunately, it did not really work that way. I have some spots that need to be filled in, and this realty doesn't do that. But the biggest problem for me was the color. It looked like I had grey paint in my eyebrows, and it made the skin in my eyebrows flake.

on 11/4/2014 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The best makeup purchase I have made in awhile. I stumbled across this at Ulta and wanted to try it mainly because I don't like fussing with eyebrow powder in the morning. My sis and I got hooked on Anastasia a few years back and have patiently grown out our brows after years of over waxing. The Anastasia powder makes my eyebrows itch like CRAZY and I never liked how the powder made my eyebrows look fake, but I needed something to fill in areas of my brows that are still growing out.

This product is amazing if you have a good amount of eyebrow to begin with (I stress this because my Mom who has very sparse brows tried this at the Benefit brow bar and it was a total flop for her. I think the key is having a good amount of brow to begin with and would def try it out in the store first). I use the medium/deep which is a true dark brown-it is slightly lighter than my brow color, but close. It takes only a few seconds to swipe on over the brow- I love the tiny mascara like wand, and it only takes a little. It's a dry gel that dries very quickly, fills in the brow with subtle color ( covers any gray brows awesomely) and does not make make my brows itch! I haven't touched my Anastsia brow powder since I bought this.

It is pricey for such a small tube, but I have had the tube for 3 months now and still have some left. If you have little time to mess with your brows in the morning, and want natural looking groomed brows this little workhorse won't disappoint!

Go to Google type in gimme brow and select images to see uploaded photos ;).

Popular Brows Products