Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.2

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 5/5/2015 2:10:00 PM

This is in the sunscreen category on here, but I use this as a primer, after my serum. The fact that it contains sunscreen is great because it gets 2 jobs done in one!

I have really oily skin and this keeps my make up on for the whole day. It does not however moisturise very well, so probably not good for people with dry skin.

on 5/4/2015 3:00:00 PM

I tried a sample of this and the next day ordered the full size. It evens out your skin tone just a tad and has a matte finish. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and have been using this for a month and it hasn't caused me to break out. I can wear this alone and it actually makes my skin look better! I love that bc I have 2 young kids and I often don't have time to put makeup on, but I feel guilty being outside without any sunscreen on my face. Now I can just slap some of this on and go, and just do my makeup later. It's a great primer under foundation! Highly recommend it!!

I have combination skin with some very oily patches and some very dry patches. This product did not work at all on the dry patches: it highlighted flaky skin really badly. On the oily parts of my face, it was great: it made my skin smooth, soft and matte. However, I won't be repurchasing this because I couldn't use it at all on the dry areas--I had to use a different product altogether on these areas of my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Nope this started breaking me out and I can't handle the dry clay face feel. It also does not work well with makeup over it. I am very sorry I bought a back-up tube of this.

I've come around on this sunscreen. I used it all summer when my skin was combination and it was great. The tint is a little off-putting because it is pink but once it's rubbed in it disappears. And I had to get used to the texture which felt very occlusive due to the high level of zinc--very mask-like--but once I did I liked it because it didn't irritate my rosacea and helped to dry some breakouts. The tint just blurs my skin but I still need concealer.

It is pretty expensive but all of PC's prices have gone up. But I have repurchased. I like it better than the sheer matte TM which runs too yellow and oxidizes orange on me. My other favorite is the Hydralight SPF which also works well with my finicky skin. Someone mentioned mixing the hydralight with the Resist. I'm going to try that.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product for almost a week now. I hardly ever write reviews...UNLESS, I find the most amazing product!!! I have melasma and have been on the hunt for the perfect moisturizer with spf for a few years. I ran across this product and ordered about five samples to test it out. The first day I wore it, I was amazed!!! Needless to say, I just placed an order for a full size tube! it's very lightweight, absorbs quickly, has anti-aging benefits, smooths large pores, controls my super oily skin all day, evens out my skin tone...and most important, doesn't leave any signs that you're wearing sunscreen! This product is a true winner for me, and I'm VERY particular about my skincare products! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed...you'll actually be AMAZED!!

on 4/14/2015 4:55:00 AM

Just bought this a few days ago and I'm a covert!

I used to use the Biore aqua SPF but that started to dry out my skin and I decided to turn back to trust Paula's choice for a sunscreen.

This sunscreen is lightweight and acts as a makeup primer as well and I just apply my bb cream over. Don't be afraid of the tint as it evens out the skin tone and can't be seen!

Overall, like all Paula's choice products, it's good for the skin and didn't cause me any breakouts.

Oh, the smell takes getting used to but its a small issue!

on 3/11/2015 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's probably the only sunscreen I will ever use because it's simply the best. If you prefer mineral sunscreens, there are no other sunscreens to match the quality of this one. Think of it like a lotion-to-powder formula. You blend it out like a normal lotion and after about a minute it's as weightless as powder. I apply a LOT of this and it is never heavy or patchy. There's no white cast like other mineral sunscreens because of the slight tint. The tint is a little light for me but it matches to my skin tone after a few minutes. There's also an added plus of anti-ageing ingredients in it.

Pros - The tint isn't obtrusive. It isn't quite on the level of a BB cream. Instead, it is meant to prevent the "white cast" that otherwise comes with mineral sunscreens - and I actually love the very sheer tint. Very gentle, even around the eyes. Leaves a dewy, semi-matte finish.

Cons - Small amount for the price, considering that you must use liberally to get proper sun protection. Not moisturizing enough for dry skin without using a separate moisturizer. Unfortunately, there is no comparable PC product for dry skin.

Due to the size/price ratio and the fact that I must use a separate moisturizer, I'm currently looking for a different product. If PC elected to make this in a larger size, for a better price, and in a formula suitable for dry to very dry skin, it would be my HG.

For me, this is the same as a BB or CC. The color is a good match and all I do is apply powder (Flower PP1, Prestige in Wheat, or Nuance in Light/Medium) when this has been brushed on. I am an NW20 and all of these work since they're so neutral. Nice, right? Well, since the Resist is $29.00 and there are so many other, less costly, options out there, I wouldn't waste my money on this. Paula's products are just what she used to target other companies for. Soon she'll be selling out to Estee Lauder or L'Oreal.....

on 2/8/2015 3:25:00 PM

I really enjoy this as a daytime moisturizer/SPF over any serum and under a light foundation. It's lightweight and blends in easily. It's slightly tinted and leaves a clean matt finish with no stickiness at all. Well packaged in a tube and easy to dispense. Highly recommend.